Chuck's Spitfire LF Mk IX Guide

Charly_Owl

Not great for kneepad but good for iPad. :)

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

But it's hard to read an Ipad when wearing a VR headset....

I think the number of ipad users vastly outnumbers the number of oculus rift users. For screenshot-heavy presentations, a kneeboard-like format is highly impractical. Kneeboards are better used for checklists. You are free to do your own. Reformatting 1000+ pages is very time-consuming... Unless there is a huge demand for it (and I don't think there is to be quite honest), I would rather let the community create their own kneeboards.

But it's hard to read an Ipad when wearing a VR headset....

You might try Kneeboard Builder (windows app) I believe it allows you to choose the geometry of your kneeboard, which would allow you to make a kneeboard in landscape format.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I think the number of ipad users vastly outnumbers the number of oculus rift users. For screenshot-heavy presentations, a kneeboard-like format is highly impractical. Kneeboards are better used for checklists. You are free to do your own. Reformatting 1000+ pages is very time-consuming... Unless there is a huge demand for it (and I don't think there is to be quite honest), I would rather let the community create their own kneeboards.

Way not to use my Kneeboard Checklist mod :)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2266628/

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

"Chuck", a marvellous guide! Where were you in 2012 when I started my spitfire sim planning? :P

Seriously though, it's concise, comprehensive, and factual - ED should give you the job of producing their official tutorials.

My *new* AV-8B sim-pit build thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3901589

The old Spitfire sim-pit build thread circa '16/17:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143452

I was really struggling landing the Spit - this guide was a huge help for me in setting up my landings properly, and now am able to get the plane down without tearing it all up.

Many thanks for the excellent guide Chuck!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Chuck's guides for dcs

Chuck. love your videos. I am a longtime flight sim fan and agree with you the manual are huge. I have attempted to find you study guides for DCS modules but to no avail. Can you help me.

I appreciate your work.

Financeman

To improve is to change:I am homesick only for the places I have never been to

The link to the Spitfire guide is here in the first post: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-uSpZROuEd3Y1dhWFhKSVpPbms

Just click on it, click on download, and you'll be able to save the pdf file wherever you want on your computer to see it directly or print it.

The other guides I do are located here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135765

• 3 weeks later...

First off, please don't go spreading around my email address. This is from a mistake I made when creating this account, and apparently it can't be fixed, so I don't post very often for this reason.

Charly_Owl, even though I got the hang of the Spitfire near completely on my own, I did (of coarse) have some flaws, and this guide helped me a lot, so thank you.

BUT, I noticed on the LAST page of the guide there was a screenshot of the DCS menu with the Spitfire wallpaper. What comes next made me cough on my expresso: what took me by surprise was an aircraft icon on the bottom of the menu. I look, and I see a P-40F! :shocking:

What's the story here? How do you have an aircraft that hasn't even gotten close to being released yet?? Do you have the any other aircraft as well, such as the P-40, F/A-18, etc? I have GOTTA know!

P-51 Mustang greatness!

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much. That has taken light years off my learning curve.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

Has anyone got a copy of this available? His direct links are down and I can't find another version :(

Achieving World Peace - One 2000lb JDAM at a time.

Intel i7 9700K, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz , ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI OC, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S.

~

Proud Member of the 62nd Fighting Falcons

~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Second that request. Purchased this beauty today and having a hell of a time controlling her!

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Has anyone got a copy of this available? His direct links are down and I can't find another version :(

I have bundled my "Chuck's library" and made it available. Link over here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3146444&postcount=263

I'll probably be collecting Chuck's guides which others have made available this weekend, because it would be such a shame if his fantastic and valuable guides somehow disappeared.

• Like 1

My humble rig: Windows 10 pro 64bit; i7-6700k on Gigabyte Z170X G7; 32GB; MSI 980ti Twin Frozr; 512GB Samsung 950 Pro (NVMe/PCIe x4); 1TB Samsung 850 Pro; Komplete Audio 6; TrackIR 5 Pro;

DCS 2.5 with almost all modules; favourites: Shark, Mi-8, Harrier, Viggen, Mirage, Hornet

I have bundled my "Chuck's library" and made it available. Link over here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3146444&postcount=263

I'll probably be collecting Chuck's guides which others have made available this weekend, because it would be such a shame if his fantastic and valuable guides somehow disappeared.

Hopefully, Chuck's links not working is just a temporary thing, but well done for posting this!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Hopefully, Chuck's links not working is just a temporary thing, but well done for posting this!

I hope so too! Let's hope he's alright and will continue creating and maintaining his brilliant guides.

My humble rig: Windows 10 pro 64bit; i7-6700k on Gigabyte Z170X G7; 32GB; MSI 980ti Twin Frozr; 512GB Samsung 950 Pro (NVMe/PCIe x4); 1TB Samsung 850 Pro; Komplete Audio 6; TrackIR 5 Pro;

DCS 2.5 with almost all modules; favourites: Shark, Mi-8, Harrier, Viggen, Mirage, Hornet

I understand he was making a Guide for the P40, I can imagine that's why he took badly the jokes and critics that veao was receiving lately ... :( its a pity

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks for that Lucifah, you're a good man. I hope Chuck returns soon!

Achieving World Peace - One 2000lb JDAM at a time.

Intel i7 9700K, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz , ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI OC, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S.

~

Proud Member of the 62nd Fighting Falcons

~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]