PC upgrade no Lock On FC

Caspet

Hi all need :helpsmilie:

Just upgraded my PC (AM2 pci-e mobo, x2 4200 cpu, 1gig ddr2 ram and a very nice Geforce 7900gs 256mb):thumbup: . Non of my old gear would work on my new mobo so had to go to these lengths. Ive kept the old hard drive with everything still on it (xp was fine after a repair) but Lock on FC wont activate:( . Any tips?

Many thanks

Caspet

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee

Muhammad Ali-(Cassius Clay)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

that was a bad move. With an install in HD into the new PC you just told SF that well over 40% of the hardware changed and it might need new activation. I could be wrong though. If no one disproves this, you should format the drive and ask for more activations.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Different "motherboard" same HD from your other PC with the old OS?:huh: Man, reformat re install the OS, this will save you lots of trouble down the line.

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Different "motherboard" same HD from your other PC with the old OS?:huh: Man, reformat re install the OS, this will save you lots of trouble down the line.

Save your files first so that you don't lose any more data... and then install the O/S.....

Personally I have a network set up with file shareing, and have all of my Lockon files there...

If I have any problems and have to reinstall the O/S... I just pull up all of the Lock On keys ect.from the file shareing folder... This has worked for me 3 times this year :laugh: and has helped relieve some of the head aches of reformatting .... :thumbup:

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Guest IguanaKing

Have you tried patching the game to 1.12a before activation? Try downloading and installing that patch, then see if it will let you activate. I think the original version of Starforce has an issue with some of the newer hardware, because I had the same problem until I patched to 1.12a...then everything was fine. :D

Just noticed that the backup 1.1 part of the game crashes on startup everytime. And it uses its own version of SF.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P