First of the next to emerge?

carss

Slightly Off-topic

I'm actively against the idea of encouraging civilian aircraft in DCS. There are several full fidelity flight simulators for civilian traffic. Without even mentioning their vast superiority in handling the civilian side of things, the military sim market is a very small niche that I would prefer see grow, rather than strangled out by yet more piper cubs, and yet another Boeing.

I would welcome some 3rd parties to make civilian aircrafts as well, because it would mean a larger community as well far larger operational capabilities for us as well.

Instead flying just around Caucasus area, we could be flying a longer distances as well, do air patrols, interceptions etc.

As I bet there would be many to be willing to fly passenger airliners, a smaller passenger jets to do drug runs etc.

And it would make many other modules even more useful like L-39, C-101 and Hawk....

Many cargo airplanes would be as well great to see to fly.

Just focusing to military aircrafts becomes boring fairly quickly, always the fighter vs fighter situations. Non-Simulated transponders, unrealistic radars and missiles etc. All ground units being military ones except the ones going on roads....

There is lots of things that would benefit a lot from civilian, or non-combat vehicles and action.

Microsoft Flight Simulator and Microsoft Flight are "dead". X-Plane is the survivor and DCS is the most realistic combat part, offering capability to get the part of non-combat aircrafts as well.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I'm probably in the minority but, I'm far more interested in a turbo prop modeled to DCS quality than another jet.

I too would love to see a turboprop, and the AT-27 is a great little coin platform. For small group cooperative missions, it's a potentially valuable plane, plus also can serve as a training platform as well. 2000lb of weapons isn't *huge* but certainly enough to stop a few insurgents or take down an AA gun battery.

--gos