Reinstalling DCS 2.0.4

Jazz_44

Hi all,

I wanted to know what is the best process to re-install DCS 2.0.4.

Since the last update it runs into low memory issues that I haven't experienced before. These errors cause the game to crash.

Anyway, what is the best approach to reinstall?

Do I need to deactivate my modules first? What about my config profiles for all the planes? I would hate to remap all the keys.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks HiJack,

Can you please give instructions for dummies? The DCS app folder is the entire DCS World 2 folder? Also, where is the SavedGame folder? By keeping some of the "old" stuff, do I ensure a clean and proper re-installation, so the issue I'm experiencing now won't repeat itself?

• ED Team

Hi

if you are having low memory problems what is your system spec and is your page file set to system managed? We recommend system managed

if you want to do a fresh install, all of your key bindings are in the saved games DCS.openalpha folder, so as long as it is left alone they are safe.

Just go ahead and delete your dcs openalpha root folder and reinstall using the latest we installer

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/alpha/

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks Bignewy.

I run an Intel i7 4790K CPU, 16GB RAM and a GTX 1070. I'm pretty sure the page file is managed by the OS. Not sure why DCS 2.0 is crashing when I load "large" missions, but it does (Low memory error message). DCS 1.5 works without issues, no matter which mission I load.

I will try to do the reinstallation as you described.