Side Door, No Click to Close

Captain Orso

You can open the side door by clicking on the handle, if you would call it that. But once it's open, there is nowhere to click to close it again.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I found this also, but I just mapped a switch on my throttle to open and close it.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I did the same ;), but as a 'fully clickable cockpit', it is missing this.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Since you can't lean out of the cokcpit, you can't reach the handle to close it...
You can with a trackIR. I think I tried once opening the cockpit door and then closed again, don't remember right now but it had to be clicking because I didn't search for the key, probably leaning leftwards with trackIR.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

It's possible by guessing where the lock is, see picture below. Unfortunately the mouse cross is not shown, but you can see the tooltip.

There is no sound yet either.

You can with a trackIR. I think I tried once opening the cockpit door and then closed again, don't remember right now but it had to be clicking because I didn't search for the key, probably leaning leftwards with trackIR.

S!

Unless you modified some files, it is not possible to lean out of the cockpit, whether it's open or close, because otherwise people would see the missing model parts that are not rendered to optimize the performances.

Screen_161220_141307.thumb.jpg.0e2b7a30dbc8ea4ccea18fd18b2a3e27.jpg

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

It's possible by guessing where the lock is, see picture below. Unfortunately the mouse cross is not shown, but you can see the tooltip.

Unless you modified some files, it is not possible to lean out of the cockpit, whether it's open or close, because otherwise people would see the missing model parts that are not rendered to optimize the performances.

Yep, you're right. I don't remember how I did, but it wasn't with a key. Probably I found how to click like you show there. What I meant, anyway, is there is a way to do it as you explained :thumbup:.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Thanks guys :) I was searching along the edge of the door itself. Didn't think to search inboard of the door. Maybe shifting the click-area to the edge of the door and expanding to the entire length of it. It is now just button sized and shifts depending on your lateral position in the cockpit.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Yep, you have to guess where the lock mechanism is, and aim at it. A little bit like groping around with your hand to find the handle outside the cockpit, it isn't that unrealistic :D

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Lol true. I didn't realize that the click areas actually go through solid parts of the cockpit, and since I'm not the Hulk, I didn't think to try that :P

"HULK DOOR-CLOSE SMASH!!" :D

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler