Reaching Max ceiling?

WelshZeCorgi

• ED Team
I'm having trouble climbing past 32,000 feet. What engine settings do you use to get max ceiling?

3000 rpm and full throttle.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Open the cooler and watch the engine gauges.

If you reach critical areas, make a break and level out. Fly for about 5 minutes straight, not climbing, and the engine will cool to the normal areas again.

It may also help reducing the engine power a bit in those breaks.

When climbing, do it slow and smoothly. Not 90° upwards^^

My suggestion is to use max continous settings (47" MP, 2700 RPM), and both coolers set to full open. I never actually managed to fly with full power for more than few minutes, as engine keeps dying.

Near max ceiling you might want to use trimmers instead of stick and rudder for keeping her steady, since air is really thin up there.

I reached over 42600 ft this way before I lost lift.

My suggestion is to use max continous settings (47" MP, 2700 RPM), and both coolers set to full open. I never actually managed to fly with full power for more than few minutes, as engine keeps dying.

Near max ceiling you might want to use trimmers instead of stick and rudder for keeping her steady, since air is really thin up there.

I reached over 42600 ft this way before I lost lift.

If you want to fly on MIL power, you need to keep your speed above 300mph, otherwise the radiators don't get enough air.

If you want to fly on MIL power, you need to keep your speed above 300mph, otherwise the radiators don't get enough air.

Which is what I do not entirely understand. From what I've read some time ago, the best climb speed was 180mph and correct me if I am wrong but all ROC tests were done at that speed and with different power settings and all at automatic radiator settings.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

The engine doesn't produce enough manifold pressure to overheat at very high altitudes.

If you held full power at 180 mph just after the supercharger switched gears you'd kill it in the blink of an eye. This is because you're in air much thinner than sea level but the engine is producing just as much heat.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.