Flight Gyroscope pushbutton, seat height adjustment missing?

Sporg

I have noticed two descriptions in the manual that does not seem to work in the aircraft:

1. The Flight Gyroscope should be able to be reset and locked by a push on the button used to adjust it.
    It is recommended to push the button before landing, taxiing or doing aerobatics. (Manual p. 103)
    This does not work.
    -
  2. In the manual it is recommended that you open the canopy and lift the seat to see better. (Manual p. 138, section Take-Off and climb, point 5.)
    In the general description, the seat height should be adjustable by a handle to the right of the seat. (Manual p. 28, lower half).
    However there is no function available to adjust the seat?

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

You can adjust your view position with <RCtrl><RShift>+<Numpad2>/<Numpad8> for hight <Numpad4>/<Numpad6>for lateral position, and <Numpad/>/<Numpad*>for forward and backward.

Those setting are transient though, which means as soon as you press <Numpad5> they are reset to neutral. I'm not sure if there is a way to lock them once adjusted.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

RAlt+Num0 to save your custom view. If you have TrackIR press F9 to pause it then save your view.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Thanks.

Yes, I found the view options, but they are limited to the top of the canopy.

Max height does not change with open or closed canopy.

I guess it should be possible to raise higher with open canopy?

Also, in other modules I have seen the seat height handle operation included, together with a dedicated seat height option, so I thought it ought be here as well?

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

The button under the DI is simply a lock (In) unlock (Out) button, which 'cages' the gyro. You should lock the DI (i.e. push the button in) before landing, aeros and combat, because shocks may damage it - most of my landings are far more traumatic than dogfights. Actually, as I recall it we used to leave the DI working (in aged - button out) for circuit work, and only cage it (push the button in) before aeros, stalling and spinning - I never flew anything other than unofficial dogfights.

To use the DI, you set it to the correct heading by turning the knob, and then set it free to indicate by pulling the knob out.

The button under the DI is simply a lock (In) unlock (Out) button, which 'cages' the gyro. You should lock the DI (i.e. push the button in) before landing, aeros and combat, because shocks may damage it - most of my landings are far more traumatic than dogfights. Actually, as I recall it we used to leave the DI working (in aged - button out) for circuit work, and only cage it (push the button in) before aeros, stalling and spinning - I never flew anything other than unofficial dogfights.

To use the DI, you set it to the correct heading by turning the knob, and then set it free to indicate by pulling the knob out.

Thanks. thumbup.gif

That is what I suspected from the manual too.

Then it must be a bug/missing feature that the lock function is not working?

I can turn it and adjust the heading, but I can't lock it.

System specs:

RAlt+Num0 to save your custom view. If you have TrackIR press F9 to pause it then save your view.

Thanks! I was counting on somebody knowing this :D

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1