Printing the map

Before I click on fly button, I spend some time preparing for that flight. Preparation usually include “Print screen” of the map, and some close ups of the target area. I then exit the lock on, open the screenshot with my Photo Paint, and print the maps.

I wish ED provide us with an option of printing a map directly from FC.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I second this. A printable sectorised high definition version of the map would be very useful. I could print it and stick it over a metal plante (I have 1m X 0.75m space near me) and with some plastic cover I coud put magnetic targets and indicators on it. :smartass:

Would be cool.

Maybe I'lll try one day building it from "print screens" :noexpression: ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Definatley need this, like an automated print showing TOW, TOT, package and friendleys for each mission such that for each new mission, just press print and a single page with all the relevent info.

that would rock and be novel in the combat flight sim market i think (i know F4 had a similar type but that one you filled out your self)

Why not make this fully automatic? Someone could write a small external app, which would capture the map part of the briefing screen and export other data (package, threat etc) from the mission file itself. It would then edit the PILOT-RUS-G01.tga.dds and/or PILOT-USA-G01.tga.dds files by adding the map and the infos on kneepads to it. This way you'll have all what you need in a few seconds ready in your virtual cockpit.

P.s: I have no clue about programing, this means I also have no idea how much work it would take to write such an app.

When it comes to printing the maps, some of you programming guru’s could come up with some software utility to print the clipboard. When “Print Screen” key is pressed in lock on, the contest of that screen is on the clipboard and all we need is to be able to print that content.

I looked and looked and looked for a third party utility for printing from clipboard. I was unable to find.

I do realize that printing is one of the most challenging aspects of programming in windows.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I think that it would be enough with a printed, big format, map of crimea and surroundings in the CD box. Some sims from late 80's and early 90's had a map in the box. I think f-19 did.

As nowadays that's impossible, at least a pdf with a high definition map to do it yourself.

..hmm.. I don't know if that pdf is already included. I'm not home, so I can not look at the cd's.

Printing the map

My solution (expensive):

Laptop open next to desktop PC

Small digital camera with memory card

IRFAN view software (free download)

Take digital pix of maps and briefings on PC screen

Place memory card in laptop card reader

Use IRFAN view to set up a mouse-controlled looping slideshow of your map and briefing pix

Works for me!

For 42nd_eemee http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=498#dl and the American one http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=404#dl

looks like this:

bluesuitandmapsv30fz7.jpg

Also maps do exists but not that great. A higher rezolution than this one and with more cities and roads etc on it would be super useful.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I think that it would be enough with a printed, big format, map of crimea and surroundings in the CD box. Some sims from late 80's and early 90's had a map in the box. I think f-19 did.

As nowadays that's impossible, at least a pdf with a high definition map to do it yourself.

..hmm.. I don't know if that pdf is already included. I'm not home, so I can not look at the cd's.

You already have that, look at lockonfile (i think), there is o good work from a pilot, where you have high definition maps of the crimea and caucasus area, and also a high definition map of each airfiel.

Print those maps in a4 size, get them plastified and you are done, they look great and you can use a marker to mar targets , etc (since the maps are plastified you can erase your marks very easily)

This works great for me.

Why not make this fully automatic? Someone could write a small external app, which would capture the map part of the briefing screen and export other data (package, threat etc) from the mission file itself. It would then edit the PILOT-RUS-G01.tga.dds and/or PILOT-USA-G01.tga.dds files by adding the map and the infos on kneepads to it. This way you'll have all what you need in a few seconds ready in your virtual cockpit.

P.s: I have no clue about programing, this means I also have no idea how much work it would take to write such an app.

Looks like a very good idea, I wander if ut is posible, is it FC modders?

how can you write with markers in lock on???

jajajajajaja no no

I don´t write with markers ON lock on.

I printed the maps, and made then plastified (almost sure this is not the englush word for this), I mean, I coverred the maps with plastic. So I have now a detailed map of cremea area, the caucasus area, an a map of each airfield too. So I can write with a marker on them, and letaer erase what I wrote very easily (in the same way teachers do in this days with their markers on the clipboards at school).

Also, I think this is somehow realistic too.

I printed the maps, and made then plastified (almost sure this is not the englush word for this), I mean, I coverred the maps with plastic. So I have now a detailed map of cremea area, the caucasus area, an a map of each airfield too. So I can write with a marker on them, and letaer erase what I wrote very easily (in the same way teachers do in this days with their markers on the clipboards at school).

Also, I think this is somehow realistic too.

That's exactly what I meant. If you want to fly seriously you need a map, a ruler and a marker in your pre-flight. Thanks for that link.