Lack of VSI indicator?

hideki2

Can anyone explain to me the lack of vertical speed indicator in AJS 37's pit? There also doesn't seem to be one on the HUD. I always thought that this is one of the most important instruments in the pit, so lack of it baffles me. I also went briefly through the first part of the Swedish manual for Viggen all the way to the HUD part, however it might be that my limited understanding of the Swedish language could have made me miss something.

Based on the many time I've read the manuals, the Viggen does not have a VSI in any way. The scale on the left side on the ADI is probably the glide slope scale for the (T)ILS.

They probably didn't include it since they had the new fancy HUD, and they decided that it wasn't necessary to add.

Just my guess.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

I think it's on the ADI, a vertical scale on the left side.

I didn't noticed it before, you might be right. Now that you pointed that out, it looks like so in the latest Leatherneck video.

Based on the many time I've read the manuals, the Viggen does not have a VSI in any way. The scale on the left side on the ADI is probably the glide slope scale for the (T)ILS.

They probably didn't include it since they had the new fancy HUD, and they decided that it wasn't necessary to add.

Just my guess.

That would be very odd. I hope its not like that. Viggens HUD is really something else and it WILL take some getting used to. Anyway I will go take a second look at the manual, now that I got that clue about ADI.

Edited by hideki2

It is VSI, goes from -10 to +10 m/s. At least that's what the JA37 manual says, I guess the AJS37 has the same ADI. :)

edit: it seems they are not the same, the one in AJS37 shows from -5 to +5...

Edited by grunf

It is VSI, goes from -10 to +10 m/s. At least that's what the JA37 manual says, I guess the AJS37 has the same ADI. :)

edit: it seems they are not the same, the one in AJS37 shows from -5 to +5...

Thanks, I just checked in AJS 73 manual and it is VSI. Its funny, but not being able to find it was really frustrating.

Anyway, here it is:

VSI.png

Thanks, I just checked in AJS 73 manual and it is VSI. Its funny, but not being able to find it was really frustrating.

Anyway, here it is:

VSI.png

Nice find there. Guess I didn't look to deeply into the ADI when I read the manual.

Anyway, always nice to learn something new, and I do like having a VSI when flying.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |