Starting without turning on the fuel

AndytotheD

It might be a bit cheeky to intentionally see if things are broken by not performing steps in the checklists but I found that you can start the engine without touching the fuel cock and just leaving it closed.

I also note that once the engine is running, if you open the cock and then close it, it does starve fuel to the engine which then subsequently cuts out.

Not a big issue, cause if you follow the checklist, it shouldn't happen, just felt it should be pointed out.

If I got it correctly from the fuel system diagram, both priming and wobble pumps are connected before the cut-off valve.

In other words it looks like it should be possible to prime the engine and run it all the time by manually creating fuel pressure with wobble pump while the main cut off valve is set to off.

fs.png.3531c7a92b63d8ea4ac763cffc80f574.png

Edited by firmek

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Similar report (but regarding booster pump and pressure indicator) here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2993620

There is clearly something off, and while the behaviour seems correct when the engine is already running (indicator switches on and engine stops), it seems wrong when it is not running (indicator switches off and engine is allowed to start).

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR