Electronic War Jamming Script V2.0

As mentioned in a previous post, it would be amazing if this script and the Skynet-IADS script were integrated together or at least made compatible. I haven't tried the Skynet-IADS script yet. Maybe they can run together without conflicts?

I am using stand-off jamming, which toggles the green/red state of SAMs, but from what I have read about Skynet-IADS, it manipulates the same green/red states. So, I expect conflicts between them. Perhaps the easiest way to make them compatible would be for each unit under IADS control and Jamming control could have a flag that could be  to indicate whether or not it has been jammed so that Jamming would override IADS control of green/red states.

Edited by streakeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Is this still a good solution, or is there better now? I'm looking into adding real EW to my missions, sort of on the style of Raven One the last mission. So that I don't have to hunt down every single SAM in a target area first before attacking enemy facilities. I'm trying to create a threat environment, so that bombing runs are not just a procedural attack.

• 4 weeks later...

I've integrated that script in some of my missions - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Now I even get error messages in a quite complex mission I did where the jamming was working properly at first. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be? 

error 2.JPG

error.JPG

err3.JPG

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

• 2 months later...
On 12/8/2021 at 4:55 PM, Tomcatter87 said:

I've integrated that script in some of my missions - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Now I even get error messages in a quite complex mission I did where the jamming was working properly at first. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be? 

error 2.JPG

error.JPG

err3.JPG

I am in the same predicament. Works in many of my heavy missions, yet randomly crashes me on mission start in others.

2 hours ago, Hallsy said:

I am in the same predicament. Works in many of my heavy missions, yet randomly crashes me on mission start in others.

Do you use any kind of randomization? I have the feeling that it happens if I let one of several SAM sites spawn via "set flag random value". If there is only one known Sam sire at mission start, the script seems to work. I can be wrong about this though. I also get an error message if there are radar aircto air missiles in the jammers proximity. 

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

• 2 months later...

Fantastic script, though I seem to be running into a problem. When testing the offensive jamming, I can switch it on via the menu, but switching it off doesn't seem to work, it continues jamming. Is there anything I can do to change this? I've tried looking into the lua, but nothing specific stands out to me.

• 1 month later...

hello all of you. 

Than you very much for your support. Actually, this scrikpt, although it works as intended, some features needed to be added to bemore flawless.  

I have been out of DCS last couple of years, but I do want to "restart". ANd this script need to work. Its a must for better simulate the modern warfare.

I had some conversations back in the day with Skynet IADS and yes, they work similarly. TO my opinion, my script (jamming) is more specific, and probably a bit better, however, Skynet is absolutely necessary. Also happens that the way I did it is quite messy... i am not programmer at all. It took two or three years of tries and learning by my own to make this kind of scripts.

So, please let me know what problems you have and and I ll try to solve them in coming two weeks... 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Allright, thanks! 🙂 Ill take a look in which missions I tend to get those error messages and show them to you.

1 hour ago, ESAc_matador said:

hello all of you. 

Than you very much for your support. Actually, this scrikpt, although it works as intended, some features needed to be added to bemore flawless.  

I have been out of DCS last couple of years, but I do want to "restart". ANd this script need to work. Its a must for better simulate the modern warfare.

I had some conversations back in the day with Skynet IADS and yes, they work similarly. TO my opinion, my script (jamming) is more specific, and probably a bit better, however, Skynet is absolutely necessary. Also happens that the way I did it is quite messy... i am not programmer at all. It took two or three years of tries and learning by my own to make this kind of scripts.

So, please let me know what problems you have and and I ll try to solve them in coming two weeks... 😉

Finally, about the damn time

Feel the Rush of Superior Air Power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, FoxHoundELite said:

Finally, about the damn time

I dont really think thats the right way to communicate with someone who spends free time developing things for our enjoyment, without asking for anything in return.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tomcatter87 said:

I dont really think thats the right way to communicate with someone who spends free time developing things for our enjoyment, without asking for anything in return.

Sorry, i mean in good way , it's my way to express my exictement though. Surely the updated script will go well with CJS's EA-18G mod 😄

• Like 2

Feel the Rush of Superior Air Power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just now, FoxHoundELite said:

Sorry, i mean in good way , it's my way to express my exictement though. Surely the updated script will go well with CJS's EA-18G mod 😄

Eager to try this with your EA-18G mod 🙂

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 2 weeks later...

dont worry everyone, I took it in the righ way, I am not offended Foxhound.

Actually, I know there are some "inaccurecies" to the script, but the problem is you cannot do much with just scripting... at least at the time I did it. Howerver, I dont really know why DFCS is not getting their hands on it.

Electronic War Module would have huge impact, and it would be a marketeable product for sure.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 10:55 PM, Tomcatter87 said:

error 2.JPG

error.JPG

err3.JPG

Still getting those error messages - and I'm not sure what causes them. Most of the time the script works in new missions that I set up, but after a while I'm getting those messages, without changing anything.

• 4 months later...

Electronic War Jamming Script V2.0

Mod - Aircraft = Northrop Grumman EA-6B Prowler: https://we.tl/t-OjzLsiil7P

C:\Users\xxxxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraf

DCS Open Beta "Mission use Surrexen (Operation Scarlet Dawn) for F-18 video: https://we.tl/t-feyHc5FKJw

C:\Users\xxxxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Missions

Surrexen: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/filter/user-is-Surrexen/apply/

Edited by vicom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

"Orko" 065: At least one of the Growler slots has an issue with the jammer script and gives the non-functional menu options for jamming. I have found that an abrupt  disconnection can cause it. Say if I'm in Growler slot one and my VR disconnects and I have to force shut down DCS or a game crash causes a disconnect that same slot won't function properly when you return or someone else selects it.

That was from a buddy who loves this playstyle and i am wondering why this is?

I have this problem as well. I run the script on a multiplayer server and after a death or reslot the menu doubles and becomes non-functioning. I messed around with the script and couldn't find a solution. Regardless, I would like to mention how AWESOME this script is and the functionality it brings.

On 1/7/2023 at 4:07 PM, Hallsy said:

Do tell!

you need to kill the association with the script upon unit death. there must be a table with listed units using the script so you need to code upon death event to purge that table.

And comment was on scenario impact of this script. It eats SAMs for breakfast and that looks like a walk in the park 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2023 at 8:25 PM, jackmckay said:

you need to kill the association with the script upon unit death. there must be a table with listed units using the script so you need to code upon death event to purge that table.

And comment was on scenario impact of this script. It eats SAMs for breakfast and that looks like a walk in the park 🙂

I took a look through the script and couldn't find the death association. Let me know if you have any luck. The defensive jamming is awesome and very effective.