Slight View Mod JSGME Ready

SUNTSAG

Hi All,

I had a slight issue with the standard view in the Spits cockpit....I felt too low down and I also hate it when you can zoom all the way out to some weird elongated view. So to counter both these elements I came up with this very simple adjustment. I made two variants to suit both triple and single monitor setups. I don't have VR so I have no idea what impact this may have but no harm in trying it.

Don't get me wrong it won't suit everyone but it suits me nicely. Here are the links to both versions if you want to try it out....Cheers

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1LVMjHctCo9R1lDZm14X2NJT0U/view?usp=sharing single monitor.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1LVMjHctCo9dDRSZWcycGplWmM/view?usp=sharing Three monitor.

• Like 1

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Haha thanks , i always adjust the view by going higher :) same i do with the Mig21 too. will try it in a few hours once i get back home from work.

BTW do you know how to set a default FOV ? I alway need to zoom out as i don't like the closed in view of the pit will all my birds

Edited by humptydumpty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

Great mod, thanks for sharing it. I'll give it a try.....using TrackIr here.

In the long term though I hope ED will implement the pilots seat lever which will raise and lower our view that way.

EDIT

Just downloaded the single screen mod and took a look inside, there are several folders in there for F86, SA342, Uh-1h, and the Hawk as well as the Spitfire. I take it we wont need these for the Spitfire only? I deleted them all except the Spitfire one before installing via JSGME.

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Great mod, thanks for sharing it. I'll give it a try.....using TrackIr here.

In the long term though I hope ED will implement the pilots seat lever which will raise and lower our view that way.

EDIT

Just downloaded the single screen mod and took a look inside, there are several folders in there for F86, SA342, Uh-1h, and the Hawk as well as the Spitfire. I take it we wont need these for the Spitfire only? I deleted them all except the Spitfire one before installing via JSGME.

Yes apologies for that.... as you can see I modify a number of views to personal preference :lol:

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Haha thanks , i always adjust the view by going higher :) same i do with the Mig21 too. will try it in a few hours once i get back home from work.

BTW do you know how to set a default FOV ? I alway need to zoom out as i don't like the closed in view of the pit will all my birds

Yes Humpty you have to edit this line in the View.lua file for the module:

ViewSettings = {

Cockpit = {

[1] = {-- player slot 1

CameraViewAngleLimits = {20.0, 110.0},

I always change the latter digits to adjust to a FOV that suits. Just remember the larger the number the further back your view will be:pilotfly:

• Like 1

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Suntsag for the sharing. I flew with this and it looks great.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Thanks Suntsag for the sharing. I flew with this and it looks great.

Excellent mate glad it suits you too......

Just as an update here is a revised link to the single monitor version....it now only includes the Spitfire view mod. Cheers :thumbup:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1LVMjHctCo9bHZoczE5Z1A3c1E/view?usp=sharing

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Suntsag, I like it. Single Monitor.

Edited by BravoFoxTrt

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

Same here.....great little mod :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I changed the original view.lua, the eyepoint line, 2nd value to 300 like in your file. In game ,however, my eyepoint is still the same. How come?

Hi Reflected

The key value to change to achieve the desired effect is line 163. The other alternative is to save your original view.lua in a safe place and replace it with mine in the Mod. either way you should achieve the desired effect :thumbup:

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great ides from SUNTSAGA. There is however other way to achieve the same - use the custom snap views: http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Snap_views

Or edit the Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\View\SnapViews.lua - if you don't have it, create any snap view using method described in wiki link. Next, open the file, find section for Spitfire

SnapViews["SpitfireLFMkIX"]

and change x_trans and y_trans values at index 13:

[13] = {--default view
        viewAngle = //don't copy this line, it can be used to set FOV (default zoom)
        hAngle     = 0.000000,
        vAngle     = 0.000000,
       [b] x_trans  = 0.075,
[/b][b]         y_trans  = 0.030,[/b]
        z_trans     = 0.000000,
        rollAngle = 0.000000,
   },

This way there will be no issues with IC as also no need to restore changes after the update as the original module is untouched.

I'm not posting the SnapViews.lua here as this file stores personal preferences and using it would potentially overwrite them.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Great ides from SUNTSAGA. There is however other way to achieve the same - use the custom snap views: http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Snap_views

Or edit the Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\View\SnapViews.lua - if you don't have it, create any snap view using method described in wiki link. Next, open the file, find section for Spitfire

SnapViews["SpitfireLFMkIX"]

and change x_trans and y_trans values at index 13:

[13] = {--default view
        viewAngle = //don't copy this line, it can be used to set FOV (default zoom)
        hAngle     = 0.000000,
        vAngle     = 0.000000,
       [b] x_trans  = 0.075,
[/b][b]         y_trans  = 0.030,[/b]
        z_trans     = 0.000000,
        rollAngle = 0.000000,
   },

This way there will be no issues with IC as also no need to restore changes after the update as the original module is untouched.

I'm not posting the SnapViews.lua here as this file stores personal preferences and using it would potentially overwrite them.

I don't seem to have "\View\SnapViews.lua" under saved games folder under DCS , but there is a SnapViewsdefault.lua under the DCS main folder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

Run the process from attached wiki link. It'll create the file in saved games DCS folder.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Anyone know how edit a "toggle view"?

I know how do with "snap view", modify the one in Numpad0 for look at compass (I am TrackIR "allergic"). But snap require hold a key in flight, the adjust course setter became "complicated".

Don' want use external keymapper for hold the key pressed.

Anyone know how edit a "toggle view"?

I know how do with "snap view", modify the one in Numpad0 for look at compass (I am TrackIR "allergic"). But snap require hold a key in flight, the adjust course setter became "complicated".

Don' want use external keymapper for hold the key pressed.

Hi Sokol1_br this might prove useful to you and its how I manage my various snap views.

• Like 1

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]