Code Letters and serials

jocko417

Redoing the number files in the game to correct the fonts (and colours)...

DCS%202016-12-22%2011-25-37-24_zpsspozagjn.jpg~original

Code letters turned out nicely... starting on the serial number characters now. Will update my just released generic Spit skin to include the new numbers and letters soon.

It's possible to have different colour combinations so we can look forward to this sort of thing in future:

DSCF7976_zpsmvzpoklj.jpg

Ok, that about does it...

DCS%202016-12-22%2012-47-55-15_zpskaeh7ngr.jpg

The SM in the serial is painted on the skin (443 "Hornet" Sqn, RCAF, used a lot of SM-serialed Spits :)), the 299 is a result of how the game enters serial numbers based on what large code letters are entered.

If you use numbers instead of code letters the serial matches them. Any letters used default to a 9.

Above is 2I-D of 443 RCAF, the 2 is used as the first digit of the three numbers in the aircraft serial. The next two numbers default to 9 because of the I and D used in the code letters.

If I entered code lettes of 45-6, the serial would also include 456. If I entered AB-C, the serial would use 999.

We need to get this changed ;) see post above.

Outstanding Jocko :thumbup:,Rock is right,I hope ED uses this in core game too,this really is,with all respect far superior than the stock version.

Are you,could you create both 'A' and 'B' camo schemes for us please ?......BTW,have put my request in too,for what it's worth in post #2's link,gotta support this.

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

• 1 month later...
Yes, RAF Blank skin now includes new code letter and serial number decals.

DL here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2268383/

This is fantastic Jocko,....any chance you could do the same makeover to a version incorporating Invasion stripes please ? this would be warmly appreciated buddy :thumbup:

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Excellent :D

• 1 month later...

Hey Jocko! You might remember me as tomtheyak from Il-2 Spitfire skinning days - that damn warping on the roundels!!! - great to see you here old bean.

Just curious if you'd still be interested in an invasion marked Spit? I know TBear's done his but I much prefer your colour palette and specular map.

In the interim much looking forward to your updated RAF blank; nice of ED to sort out the codes & serials to something more logical and usable!

Hey Jocko! You might remember me as tomtheyak from Il-2 Spitfire skinning days - that damn warping on the roundels!!! - great to see you here old bean.

Just curious if you'd still be interested in an invasion marked Spit? I know TBear's done his but I much prefer your colour palette and specular map.

In the interim much looking forward to your updated RAF blank; nice of ED to sort out the codes & serials to something more logical and usable!

Hi! Yeah, I think the code/serial assignment is still a WIP at the moment... I'm planning a few different liveries, some pilot specific, some generic for mission builders, etc. It's a lovely model to skin, and yes, I still wake up some nights in a cold sweat thinking about the rear fuse mapping on the IL-2 Spit V and IX :cry:

I'm taking my time adding various effect/weathering layers to my template right now, won't be really hitting the high gears until we get an official template from ED. As stated earlier I'll probably stick to RCAF schemes initially as this will be a very popular aircraft with skinners of all nationalites.

Generic Day Fighter livery updated

Redid the description.lua and the serial number characters for my Generic Spit skin so the new Tail # assignments should work in the mission builder now.

You can populate the code letters and serials by typing a 3 digit code followed by a 5 digit serial, with no spaces in between.

In the example below I typed hcgmh831 into the Tail # space in the mission builder...

DCS%202017-04-11%2016-03-43-63_zpskug5nb0t.png~original

Spitfire Mk.IX MH831, coded HC-G, flown by W/C Hugh Godefroy of Toronto, Ontario, late 1943.

You can DL the updated generic Spit skin here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2268383/

In future I may create different serial characters to match the different fonts used. At the moment the serials are based on the "standard" font used by the RAF. I might add the squared off stencil style font seen on many Spits (see my Beurling skin for an example).

Edited by jocko417

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, how to solve it? I take few skins from download section but I see buggy serials:

Nowy-1JPG_aaanpnx.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Maybe let the box for the code letter completly empty.

Gesendet von meinem PLK-L01 mit Tapatalk

It was empty.... :(

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 1 month later...

Hi,

have these problems too with many skins, were the serialnumber is overlapping the original one, even if sn is empty in the code box..

Its mostly when DECAL has 12 entries instaed of 16 in the lua. files.

Dont know wich are the exact files for the SN or for SQN letters. I have to search and compare them. I am not a skinmaker, never made one but with time maybe i can solve it.

Nearly solved all skins, have to do 2 more but now i am tierd and going to bed.

Edited by LcSummers

• 1 month later...

Also having the same issue... or the MH is hard coded? I'm trying to recreate MA504, and as far as skins go its not a complex one.

I just cant get the MA504 to appear. I can have MH504.... ???

FC3, UH-1, P-51D, Mi-8, A-10C, F-86F, FW 190D9, KA-50, Gazelle, Mig 21, M-2000C, F-5E, Spitfire IX, A/V-8B, F/A-18C, F-14, FW 190A8, F-16C, P-47D

NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Virpil: Warbrd, Alpha-R, Mongoose CM-2 throttle, Warbrd rudder

I'll be looking at this at the end of the week now that the official Spit template has been released. Any problems with the two letter digits of the liveries in question may be due to an outdated description.lua since the new serial number system came into effect.

Thanks.. I realize it all comes down to the .lua...

Although I did download a more recent spit skin from another user... and used that .lua as a base, but still ended up with an MH hard code.

FC3, UH-1, P-51D, Mi-8, A-10C, F-86F, FW 190D9, KA-50, Gazelle, Mig 21, M-2000C, F-5E, Spitfire IX, A/V-8B, F/A-18C, F-14, FW 190A8, F-16C, P-47D

NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Virpil: Warbrd, Alpha-R, Mongoose CM-2 throttle, Warbrd rudder