AI Gunner Status VR?

SageOT

The same goes for the controls indicator. Invisible in VR. I thought I once read something about a mod or plugin making overlays visible again in VR but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

;2995044']The same goes for the controls indicator. Invisible in VR. I thought I once read something about a mod or plugin making overlays visible again in VR but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Thanks Razor, let me know if you find it. I have not seen one but that would be great. I'm good with the controls (great thing about VR, just look down and you can tell where your stick is trimmed to. :)) but not having an indicator of what the gunners are set to is pretty rough.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Thanks Razor, let me know if you find it. I have not seen one but that would be great. I'm good with the controls (great thing about VR, just look down and you can tell where your stick is trimmed to. :)) but not having an indicator of what the gunners are set to is pretty rough.

In Mi8, it is visible in VR on kneeboard. I have a joystick button for the kneeboard, so I can check. Is this not true for Huey?

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have a system. You can bind keys/joystick buttons to toggle gunner doors open and shut. Closing a gunner door also sets that gunner to HOLD fire, so from there you know what state you're in. From that point one tap of the gunner ROE key will set him to RETURN fire and another tap will set him to FREE fire. (these also open the door)For the co-pilot/operator as you toggle through his ROI, you will see his flex sight go up when he's is set to HOLD fire, from there one push for RETURN fire and another for FREE fire. Also if you enable the AI status panel in the options menu you can see it when you hit ESC to pause. (I'm running DCS 2.03 only)

Edited by pixelpilot
added info

• 8 months later...

Hi! When trying all tricks to get better view in VR, I changed (in dcs settings) the screen resolution from 3440x1440 to 2160x1200. No real change for the better but I got partial AI statuspanels on sides of my VR view. What gave the rest of the AI panel was changing the aspect ratio to 3:4 or 5:4. This does not effect VR view at all except for the AI panels. Now I get to see what my gunners are set to do.

Battis

i9-9900K 4,9Ghz, 2080ti, 32Gb, 1Gb m.2, Index, WinWing throttle, Baur BRD-N, Crosswind pedals, Orbwiever and tm mfd`s, all in a Hornet simpit.

• 1 month later...
Hi! When trying all tricks to get better view in VR, I changed (in dcs settings) the screen resolution from 3440x1440 to 2160x1200. No real change for the better but I got partial AI statuspanels on sides of my VR view. What gave the rest of the AI panel was changing the aspect ratio to 3:4 or 5:4. This does not effect VR view at all except for the AI panels. Now I get to see what my gunners are set to do.

Battis

Thank you so much!!! This is awesome! Can see the entire panel in VR now.

I just set the ratio to 5:4, left my resolution on 2560*1080. (I don't think the res setting matters, is seems to just be the ratio)

Thanks again!!

Cheers