Simpit Software from SDA

HJPuhlmann

My second monitor is 1600 x 900. Is there a way to resize the defaults? I've tried editing the files but it seems like its almost like starting from scratch.

Hello heclak,

Unfortunately you have to manually move and scale the instruments to fit your resolution.

An automatism is not intended for this.

CU Micha

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

We will start next week with this project.

https://github.com/s-d-a/DAC, https://github.com/H-J-P/Ikarus/releases/latest, https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts, Deutsches Forum, English Forum

MSI Z270; INTEL Core i7-7700K, 4x 4,8GHz, Quad-Core "Kaby Lake", GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, TrackIR 5 Pro, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 x64 Pro, 3 x SSD

keep it simple ... the 1000 small things ...

Something I've been noodling on...

First, I love your software, it is absolutely amazing work. Second, I have purchased a 800x600 8" touchscreen monitor for use of a UFC for a variety of aircraft. More specifically, the hornet.

The only issue I have struggled with is the fact that the background images (cockpit, switches, buttons, etc.) all replicate what a cockpit looks like. Sounds odd, right? When things are projected onto a screen they dont have worn down marks of a cockpit - they're digital. Sort of like the difference between the touchscreen display of a Super Hornet vs. the physical button display of the Legacy Hornet.

What am I getting at? I've been noodling on the idea of using the base version of Ikarus F-18c (excitedly waiting for its arrival!), but swapping out all of it's images for custom images that I end up creating with hopes of semi-mimicing what the Super Hornet touch screen looks like just so it does not have that "projected cockpit" feel. Meaning, creating Black/green next buttons that their on/off characteristics change once touched. Black/green outline to solid green square.

Any thoughts on this?

Noob question, I apologize in advance.

Loving the set up so far, got the harrier working quicker than I though I would have. 2 questions I have and im sure its a set up error on my end, I cant seem to get any of the lamps to light (no gear indication, master caution) and I set up a monitor config LUA to move mfd exports into position, but the only appear on my bottom monitor if i am not in cockpit view (external or weapon follow both exports I set show on my bottom monitor,

Any ideas on what I messed up?

Something I've been noodling on...

First, I love your software, it is absolutely amazing work. Second, I have purchased a 800x600 8" touchscreen monitor for use of a UFC for a variety of aircraft. More specifically, the hornet.

The only issue I have struggled with is the fact that the background images (cockpit, switches, buttons, etc.) all replicate what a cockpit looks like. Sounds odd, right? When things are projected onto a screen they dont have worn down marks of a cockpit - they're digital. Sort of like the difference between the touchscreen display of a Super Hornet vs. the physical button display of the Legacy Hornet.

What am I getting at? I've been noodling on the idea of using the base version of Ikarus F-18c (excitedly waiting for its arrival!), but swapping out all of it's images for custom images that I end up creating with hopes of semi-mimicing what the Super Hornet touch screen looks like just so it does not have that "projected cockpit" feel. Meaning, creating Black/green next buttons that their on/off characteristics change once touched. Black/green outline to solid green square.

Any thoughts on this?

Hello Guppy,

You can adapt the design of the UFC to that of the Super Hornet, but logically it will still be the same as in the F-18C.

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

Noob question, I apologize in advance.

Loving the set up so far, got the harrier working quicker than I though I would have. 2 questions I have and im sure its a set up error on my end, I cant seem to get any of the lamps to light (no gear indication, master caution) and I set up a monitor config LUA to move mfd exports into position, but the only appear on my bottom monitor if i am not in cockpit view (external or weapon follow both exports I set show on my bottom monitor,

Any ideas on what I messed up?

Hello sarge,

The versions of ExportScript and Ikarus, which support the Harrier, have not yet been released. :music_whistling:

Hopefully all bugs will be fixed before the official release.

Have a look at the special options (settings) of the Harrier.

Edited by McMicha

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Is there a Harrier profile or does some one have a profile for the Harrier?

Comming soon....

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

• 2 weeks later...

For the front panel alone I would say, next week. But remember, the F / A-18C is not even in beta status.

Heinz

Intel i7 3930k | 16 GB | GTX 980 | TrackIR 5 Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind| Win 10 x64 |

Simpit Software by SDA"SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• Ikarus A Cockpit Designer
  • DCS ExportScript

https://github.com/s-d-a/DAC

https://github.com/s-d-a/Ikarus

https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts

Ikarus forum thread

For the front panel alone I would say, next week. But remember, the F / A-18C is not even in beta status.

https://github.com/s-d-a/DAC, https://github.com/H-J-P/Ikarus/releases/latest, https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts, Deutsches Forum, English Forum

MSI Z270; INTEL Core i7-7700K, 4x 4,8GHz, Quad-Core "Kaby Lake", GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, TrackIR 5 Pro, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 x64 Pro, 3 x SSD

Hi,

Loving the software - thanks.

Have read your documentation and got it installed and working with the A10C

I am using a Dell 24" touchscreen with the A10C and every now and then I get a problem with the MFCD and stuck button - it appears that the key press on the OSB is being held.

I have changed over from Helios and never had that problem with Helios - any ideas?

Also as I have other modules like the Gazelle , F5 and Viggen - can anybody point me in the direction of having the different Radar and Gazelle exported to the Ikarus cockpit? Should I be using reconfigure_on_unit?

Any help would be great.

Scott

Hi,

I am using a Dell 24" touchscreen with the A10C and every now and then I get a problem with the MFCD and stuck button - it appears that the key press on the OSB is being held.

I have changed over from Helios and never had that problem with Helios - any ideas?

Also as I have other modules like the Gazelle , F5 and Viggen - can anybody point me in the direction of having the different Radar and Gazelle exported to the Ikarus cockpit? Should I be using reconfigure_on_unit?

Any help would be great.

Scott

I had similar issue (I use a-10c as well)and I never taught it was related to Ikarus. It will be interessting to see tha answer.

I thing a will somply delete the Ikarus MFCD bottons to stop this possibilité

Hi,

Any help would be great.

Scott

I have this same issue also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirty Razor

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Our Website | Our Facebook Page | YouTube Channel

I also see this problem sometimes, especially with special keys. If I press the same button again, the problem resolves.

At the moment I see no mistake in Ikarus. I have already given a lot of time to that.

This is an unresolved problem. Sorry. I have not seen this problem in any other module.

Edited by H-J-P

Hello all,

The sticky key on the A-10C MFCD is a well-known problem. We have already tried several variants to solve the problem, unfortunately it is not 100% gone yet.

In the current (developer) version, however, the problem almost never occurs again.

But if it does, the clamping button can be released again with a few clicks.

You can try it out for yourselves soon.

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Any help would be great.

I would like to use the "reconfigure_on_unit" function again, but it still seems to be broken.

You can read how to set up the viewports for the modules in the corresponding subforums.

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

I have this same issue also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think now, it's a part of the simulation.

Hello

we have made some optimizations and bugfixes to our software and present you the new versions for DCS World 2.5.2 (and BETA)

DCS ExportScript

• added a new help function and added it to some module specific files:
    • ExportScript.Tools.DisplayFormat() for editing and formatting the data for output in Ikarus displays.

[*]Improvements to the network functions, including own debug option

[*]all files changed to a new versioning scheme and version 1.1.0 (1.x.x Major Version, x.1.x Subversion for new features, x.x.0 Bug Fix Version)

[*]Support of data import (simulated buttons and knobs from Ikarus, real buttons and knobs (potentiometers or encoders) via the Arcaze USB card from D.A.C.) for the Flaming Cliffs aircraft (as far as all inputs are supported which can also be set in the respective aircraft configuration)

[*]Support of the Mirage M-2000C

[*]Support of the Harrier AV-8B N/A

[*]Support of F/A-18C Hornet (BETA)

Ikarus

• Change to version 1.4.5.3h
  • Ikarus displays and monitors have up to 3 values for colors, 1. value for the text color, 2. value for the background color and 3. value for the frame color.
    Color values can be specified in hexadecimal RGB and ARGB, where A stands for alphacanal and indicates whether the color can be transparent.
  • Optimization of network functions
  • several profiles reworked
  • Profile for Mirage M-2000C added
  • Profile for Harrier AV-8B N/A added
  • Profile for F/A-18C Hornet (BETA) added
  • The Flaming Cliffs XML files contain all keyboard commands (the airplanes can only process those which are also possible in their own configuration), only buttons can be used, see Su-25T profile

DAC

• no changes to the program
  • The Flaming Cliffs XML files contain all keyboard commands (the aircraft can only process those that are also possible in their own configuration)
  • Support of the Mirage M-2000C
  • Support of the Harrier AV-8B N/A
  • Support of F/A-18C Hornet (BETA)

The ExportScript is compatible to DCS World version 2.5.2 (incl BETA).

CU Micha

Edit: change Ikarus version

Edited by McMicha

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Something I've started to work on is building a digital UFC for my 800x600 touch screen monitor (in portrait mode), specifically for the hornet. While I appreciate all of the attention to detail when mimicking the hornet's UFC... It always looks a bit odd when "weathered" textures are being projected onto a digital display. So I've started working on my own UFC that will have additional fuctions/ buttons on it and will look more "realistic" when projected onto a separate monitor.

I've included a sketch, in addition to the first buttons being implemented and their on/off function (notice button "6". It should end up looking similar to the Super Hornet's UFC... but with additional functions so I do not need to click with the mouse for the vast majority of my flights.

TEST.jpg.c8df27bf7116e5fe1413415f1a821f9b.jpg