Simpit Software from SDA

HJPuhlmann

Hello PeCa,

Reset the configuration.

Deactivate VSYNC and test again.

Which version of Ikarus did you install?

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

Is this working with the Hornet also?Thanks

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Hello PeCa,

Reset the configuration.

Deactivate VSYNC and test again.

Which version of Ikarus did you install?

I really appreciate you for the help, McMicha.

I've already deleted the "DCS.openbeta" folder in "Saved Games" numerous times.

Same for Ikarus, have tested newly downloaded one.

Just tried the following two things:

1. Turning off VSYNC -> No change

2. Turning off the "Share" function of GeForce Experience -> No Change

The version is 1.4.5.4d, and also tried older versions but no success.

Is this working with the Hornet also?Thanks

Yes, haven't tried with the jet, though.

Edited by PeCa_Chuck

Ikarus overlaying DCS on same monitor

I apologize for my question, I used to fly DCS until a few years back. I used a software tool that replicated certain parts of the cockpit on my iPad. Jumping forward I spent reading this thread but I can find the answer to my problem. I installed Ikarus and moved the files to the appropriate directories and when I start Ikarus it shows the instruments on the same screen as DCS. I have spent a long time reading about monitor setup files but I don't think that applies here. Ikarus is a different software program, so I don't think itis a viewport you configure. I have tried to move the window using my mouse ( even used the Alt button and move but I can't get it to my second monitor.

Any help is appreciated.

Peter

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Change these values:

picture.php?albumid=1495&pictureid=10335

Please read our wiki. https://github.com/s-d-a/Ikarus/wiki

Edited by H-J-P

https://github.com/s-d-a/DAC, https://github.com/H-J-P/Ikarus/releases/latest, https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts, Deutsches Forum, English Forum

MSI Z270; INTEL Core i7-7700K, 4x 4,8GHz, Quad-Core "Kaby Lake", GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, TrackIR 5 Pro, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 x64 Pro, 3 x SSD

keep it simple ... the 1000 small things ...

Thank you for the hint, I don't know how I missed it. I had to play around with the numbers and now all my instruments show up correctly.

As I am flying I notice that Ikarus does not update correctly, the radio frequencies are gone. I will change the config file to change the refresh rate.

And I will make a donation as this makes it so much easier to read the instruments int he cockpit.

Thank you!!!!

Peter

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Which cockpit are we talking about right now?

https://github.com/s-d-a/DAC, https://github.com/H-J-P/Ikarus/releases/latest, https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts, Deutsches Forum, English Forum

MSI Z270; INTEL Core i7-7700K, 4x 4,8GHz, Quad-Core "Kaby Lake", GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, TrackIR 5 Pro, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 x64 Pro, 3 x SSD

Which cockpit are we talking about right now?

I am sorry I am testing it in the A-10C cockpit. AM I correct that the contents of the MFD's are shown in the instruments too? In my case the MFD's and RWR are empty. I had to change the value to -1920 etc to move Ikarus to my second monitor and I am wondering if the "contents" of the MFD's needs to be adjusted too. I did read through your Github pages yesterday.

In reference to my previous email, all the green radio codes and the blue triangles disappear after I switch back and forth between the sim and Ikarus. I pause the sim sometimes to look at something in ikarus, can that cause the problem?

I have attached a picture what my screen shows

Thank you for your support and donation is made.

Peter

329403226_IkarusA10-C.thumb.jpg.003c2da6fca890678e0691f95a8fefe0.jpg

This is completely normal. Because these data come from DCS. To export the MFCDs, for example, it is necessary to change some Lua files.

Take a look at this post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3411431&postcount=619

Heinz,

I have been able to get Ikarus to work but as stated before not able to get the MFD's to export. I have read several guides and followed the steps. but no luck.

But I want to check something with you. I changed the Ikarus settings to move the screen to the left monitor (monitor1, see attachment monitor setup) Monitor 2 is designated as the main screen. This is where DCS is shown. But the upper left corner of Monitor 1 is at the coordinate x= 0 y=0. but the in the monitor setup file A10-Ikarus.lua the main screen is at 0,0 but I think it is actually 1921,0 as it is on monitor 2.

to make Ikarus show up correctly I enter -1920 as you can see in the screenshot.

In the monitor setup file I place left MFD at -1920 too but it does not show up, I know those coordinates are not final. but I was trying to get it close confirming I can see the live MFD views.

I spent a lot of time on this and I will get it right :) I also upgraded my system today with a new CPU, motherboard and memory

2022970490_monitorsetup.jpg.7effbade6ab18edcc23cb2ce341e32e6.jpg

659322552_Ikarussetup.thumb.jpg.19975610cb79b26f985c9f7e58a9911d.jpg

A10-Ikarus.lua

if I may jump in

try to link in https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13Nl2idI_xizq4axdVhxXImKYlBAQrhJz?usp=sharing

All you need is in those 3 files

get the OVGME program, install it, understand it...

then use my file Ikarus (2018-11-23a) in install in C:\Program Files\eagle dynamics

modify Config/monitorsetup/Ikarus.lua to your needs and configuration.

and then Ikarus avec CDU -stable-(2018-11-13a) in C:\Users\your name here\Saved Games\

You will need 2 OVGME profile to do that. Installation doc may help you but it is spécific to my clan

Finaly, I may help you but you will need to do your RTFM to be able to make it work on your PC

Raab

NOTE :Files to D/L :

- Ikarus (2018-11-23a) or later version or later version

- Ikarus avec CDU -stable-(2018-11-13a).zip or later version or later version

- ovgme_1_7_4_setup_64.exe or later version or later version

-

Edited by raymondabel

Thank you, Raab,

I did RTFM including yours using Google translate, as your English is much better than my French. I am trying to understand why I would need your software. Is it too move new configuration files in and have back-ups of the originals?

Secondly on the monitor lua files, looking at yours or Ray's, when you define the position of the MFD's, for example, you define x or Y beyond the 1920 and 1080. From what I read if you have 2 monitors like me (0,0) is in the upper left corner of the left monitor. Am I correct here?

I have been testing this morning and tried to get it right. I decided to start simple, show MFD's on the same screen as the main view and something strange happened, left MFD shows up but the right one was behind it and it was a copy of the main screen. see the attached screenshot. the A10-Ikarus file is the monitor file used. I have compared it to others and I can't find a difference, I turned the left MFD off so I could see behind it, The other thing you notice is that it ignores the X=500 I put in the file.

I also tested it with the resolution of 3840 * 1080 and it nicely spreads the screen over both monitors. So I have a feeling that somehow DCS is ignoring my second monitor. And to make sure I have the correct expectation, I export the MFD viewports to my monitor on the left, then Ikarus starts and projects over those and I will see the content of the MFD 's in the Ikarus window. And I read that you have to turn full screen off in the settings correct.

I think it is something small I am missing but what is it.

Peter

A10-Ikarus.lua

313639372_DigitalCombatSimulator11_27_201812_07_08PM.thumb.png.d1b950480537d06e4d7d823e3c0aa527.png

Thank you, Raab,

I did RTFM including yours using Google translate, as your English is much better than my French. I am trying to understand why I would need your software. Is it too move new configuration files in and have back-ups of the originals?

Secondly on the monitor lua files, looking at yours or Ray's, when you define the position of the MFD's, for example, you define x or Y beyond the 1920 and 1080. From what I read if you have 2 monitors like me (0,0) is in the upper left corner of the left monitor. Am I correct here?

I have been testing this morning and tried to get it right. I decided to start simple, show MFD's on the same screen as the main view and something strange happened, left MFD shows up but the right one was behind it and it was a copy of the main screen. see the attached screenshot. the A10-Ikarus file is the monitor file used. I have compared it to others and I can't find a difference, I turned the left MFD off so I could see behind it, The other thing you notice is that it ignores the X=500 I put in the file.

I also tested it with the resolution of 3840 * 1080 and it nicely spreads the screen over both monitors. So I have a feeling that somehow DCS is ignoring my second monitor. And to make sure I have the correct expectation, I export the MFD viewports to my monitor on the left, then Ikarus starts and projects over those and I will see the content of the MFD 's in the Ikarus window. And I read that you have to turn full screen off in the settings correct.

I think it is something small I am missing but what is it.

Peter

as far as translation is concerne, this why I put all the pictures. It should be more then enought.

Now as far a motitor seting are concerne. my is for 2 monitors 1920*1080 one over the other.

So if you have an other setting, you will have to adapt

you seem to have it saide by side so you should probably

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1940;

y = 65;

width = 450;

height = 450;

}

etc

yes a lot of twecking !!

also make sure setting cover both monitors but "center" in config.lua only main monitor

hope that help

last thing I did somes modification in Ikarus A-10C profile because I feel that I need more acces to CDU than power. My choice only

IMG_3340.thumb.JPG.33e9b9b5c22323406af6443dc78e719c.JPG

IMG_3342.thumb.jpg.02cd8a9879157e7c7f30949098a75742.jpg

try assuming both monitors are side by side, 1920*1080 and main is at the left side

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('A10-main + L-R MFDs');

Description = '1 Screen and L-R MultiMFD'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.77777;

},

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1925;

y = 50;

width = 525;

height = 525;

},

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 3240;

y = 50;

width = 525;

height = 525;

},

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

+-+-+-+-+-+-

when your MFCD will be where you wont them to be then next look at the other instruments.

Edited by raymondabel

Your manual was fine although you have not confirmed what your software does.

regarding the setting do you mean to set the resolution to both monitors in my case 3840 x 1080 and then define the center view to 1920 x 1080?

Will Ikarus then project on that other screen too on top of DCS??

No it did not work and my main view was closer as if I am sitting closer to the instruments in the plane. This if you compare it to the default 1screen view.

I think it must have something to do with the monitor setup in windows. let me try something.

Edit: I fully understand why you took the coordinates to 1925 and 3240. But when I setup Ikarus I had to move the main view to negative values to make them show up on my left monitor. so the main screen there starts ar -1920

Edited by DutchCoolHand

No it did not work and my main view was closer as if I am sitting closer to the instruments in the plane. This if you compare it to the default 1screen view.

I think it must have something to do with the monitor setup in windows. let me try something.

Edit: I fully understand why you took the coordinates to 1925 and 3240. But when I setup Ikarus I had to move the main view to negative values to make them show up on my left monitor. so the main screen there starts ar -1920

as I said adapt to your setting. I assume 2e monitor was at your right but is is on your left.

so you have to say it to Ikarur and DCS

I am sorry Raab, but this is what see on the first page, I downloaded the installation.dox from your shared directory. I am sorry to be so much trouble

manual.jpg.21bff6e69385e78076d460e7e126f29a.jpg

next step

we should talk...

:)

I understand Raab, I included a screen show with my monitor layout in an earlier post.

I am sorry Raab, but this is what see on the first page, I downloaded the installation.dox from your shared directory. I am sorry to be so much trouble

I do not wont to be rude in anyway but

"Installer" in French and "install" in English are not that farway...

"installer OVGME dans : "C:\Users\your name here\Saved Games\OvGME\OvGME.exe""

and exemple in French is EXEMPLE in English...

Exemple:"C:\Users\Ray\Saved Games\OvGME\OvGME.exe"

with also somes printscreens so

well

If you do not wanna use OVGME then you will have to do everymodifications by hand after each and every DCS update.

I do not wont to be rude in anyway but

"Installer" in French and "install" in English are not that farway...

"installer OVGME dans : "C:\Users\your name here\Saved Games\OvGME\OvGME.exe""

and exemple in French is EXEMPLE in English...

Exemple:"C:\Users\Ray\Saved Games\OvGME\OvGME.exe"

with also somes printscreens so

well

If you do not wanna use OVGME then you will have to do everymodifications by hand after each and every DCS update.

Please don't apologize! as you said I was able to figure it out. So OVGME is a backup tool for adjusted configuration files. That is really cool, I would have been frustrated when a new version comes out.

Peter

OVGME is the latest easiest MOD installator you can find for DCS 2.5

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=217736 for all laste info

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171956

it thake seconde to add or remove MOD

NOTE:

I did not find à way to install all MOD in one clic so you need one setting for yours _MODS-programFiles

and one for _MODS-Savegames

the doc is only for _MODS-Savegames because this is what My clan needs

Raab

Edited by raymondabel