Simpit Software from SDA

HJPuhlmann

Hello, Mikael,

in the manual (page 37) there are only the "Distance indicator" and the "Destination indicator" which could be called "waypoint indicator".

The "Distance indicator" is available as "AJS37_DIST" in the profile.

The "Destination indicator" comes with the next version of Ikarus.

Are there any other waypoint indicators ?

In my test the RWR displays work as desired.

Please try the attached profile!

You are welcome to make a screenshot and mark the errors there and write down the correct spelling.

But it will take some time until this is corrected.

Unfortunately you can't open two or more panels with one switch.

But you can create a panel over the whole screen and position everything as you like. For the background image you can leave the middle transparent. Where the background is transparent, you can still use the underlying panel.

CU Micha

AJS37.zip

Edited by McMicha

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

Hi! I've spot a bug and guess it's best to put it here.

I have noticed that the "heading to waypoint" needle on SA342 Gazelle (ADF instrument) is backwards.

Can you please advise how to fix it, before we develop bad habit? :D

Thank you for all your work! Ikarus is FANTASTIC!

Best regards, K.

Hi, Kyzo,

Thanks for the advice.

We'll fix it for the next version.

Unfortunately, you can't do it that easily.

CU Micha

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

Hi, ZBoT,

the H-J-P Repro is the developer version, here you can get the source code and the latest developer versions.

The S-D-A Repo contains the latest stable versions, including the appropriate config and profile files.

The name conflict is due to the upper and lower case of the folders Images and Kneeboards.

I have to clean that up the next time I sync.

Otherwise they are the same files.

Thanks for the hint with the Beatty airport map, we will fix this soon.

CU Micha

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Thanks McMicha!! That answers my questions perfectly!

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

Hi,

Thanks for the update, yes its the destination indicator I asked for, perfect that its coming.

I will make another run with the RWR and try to document it.

I will comeback to you with some corrections.

Thanks!

Best regards, Mikael

Hi,

Is it possible to display the Ikarus kneeboard over top of the main display? My 2nd monitor is small and only used for MFD's/gauges and the kneeboard renders too small to read. I would like it to display over top of the main display but when I create a kneeboard panel in Ikarus with x/y position in the main display, it never shows up. Am I doing something wrong or is this not possible?

Thanks!

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

Hi,

Is it possible to display the Ikarus kneeboard over top of the main display? My 2nd monitor is small and only used for MFD's/gauges and the kneeboard renders too small to read. I would like it to display over top of the main display but when I create a kneeboard panel in Ikarus with x/y position in the main display, it never shows up. Am I doing something wrong or is this not possible?

Thanks!

Are you running DCS full screen? If so, it is possible the kneeboard is generated but "behind" the DCS screen. I suggest loading Ikarus without DCS running and test to see if the kneeboard shows up on your main display. If so, try running DCS without the Full Screen option. Might work, might not...but worth a try. :dunno:

Are you running DCS full screen? If so, it is possible the kneeboard is generated but "behind" the DCS screen. I suggest loading Ikarus without DCS running and test to see if the kneeboard shows up on your main display. If so, try running DCS without the Full Screen option. Might work, might not...but worth a try. :dunno:

Hi, and thanks for your response. I do not run full screen because I export the MFDs to the second monitor (for the A-10C). Starting to learn the Huey so I wanted to use the external display to export some of the gauges for that module since I had the monitor already connected. Ikarus works perfect for that. That is when I noticed the kneeboard option in Ikarus and tried to use it but I can't get it to work.

3440x1440 main display

1920x1080 second display (small 8") for MFDS/gauges

I can create a kneeboard panel on the second monitor and get it to display, but I can't get it to overlay over an existing Ikarus panel on the second display. Nor can I get it to display on the main monitor at all. Hope this makes sense. I might be trying to do something not supported. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ZBoT,

this should also work.

Please have a look at the included A-10C profile, where the kneeboard opens above the Main (DCS) screen.

Provided you have deactivated the full screen mode in DCS.

Otherwise please add your profile and make a screenshoot of your Windows monitor settings.

CU Micha

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hello ZBoT,

this should also work.

Please have a look at the included A-10C profile, where the kneeboard opens above the Main (DCS) screen.

Provided you have deactivated the full screen mode in DCS.

Otherwise please add your profile and make a screenshoot of your Windows monitor settings.

CU Micha

Hi McMicha,

I did look at the A-10C profile. That is what I modeled my UH-1H profile after. How exactly is the Ikarus kneeboard supposed to work? Does it replace the DCS kneeboard? Or is it in addition to? When I press "RShift - K" on the keyboard, should the DCS kneeboard pop up still or should it be the Ikarus kneeboard?

Here is my monitor settings and profile screenshots:

NYc8jeS.png

2sg7IOM.png

Rxqlzq1.png

1lwNade.png

Thanks for the help!!

Hello ZBoT,

Your Panel Config looks good, it should be displayed correctly.

I'm not sure if you created this, but you need a switch or button to display the panel.

I have posted the corresponding passages from the documentation (wiki) here, hoping that everything is correct.

If you do not understand something, please ask again.

Kneeboard

The Kneeboard Instrument is something very special, it is Ikarus own implementation of a knee board for the flight plan and other useful information.

The Kneeboard draws its contents not from DCS World, but from a folder structure in the Ikarus folder ...\Ikarus\Kneeboards . Among them is the folder 'AirportCharts' with the subfolders for the individual maps and some airport charts as examples. The other folder is called 'Mods' and contains further subfolders with documents of the individual modules. The subfolders under Mods are named as well as the corresponding folders in the DCS World installation.

The corresponding subfolders can be supplemented by their own content. For this purpose, it is useful to save the individual pages of the Kneeboard as graphics in PNG or JPEG format. The ideal aspect ratio would be A4 portrait format.

The Kneeboard displays the contents sorted by alphanumeric because if the file name is preceded by a number, the graphics are also displayed in order.

The Kneeboard itself has the following functions:

Forwards: Click on the right area of ​​the Kneeboard.

Scroll back: Click on the left area of ​​the Kneeboard.

Zoom in: Click in the upper right corner.

Zoom out: Click in the top left corner.

Turn clockwise: Click in the lower right corner.

Turn left: Click in the lower left corner.

Switches and Buttons to show panels
SwitchPanelOffOn: This switch behaves like a SwitchOffOn switch, but shows or hides the specified panel depending on the switch setting. In the input column, the ID of the panel to be displayed is indicated. The output column remains empty.

ButtonPanelOffOn: This button behaves like a ButtonOffOn, but shows or hides the specified panel. In the input column, the ID of the panel to be displayed is indicated. The output column remains empty.

If there is a 1 in the output column, then the panel is already displayed after loading the profile.

You can still use DCS's own kneeboard, but it will not be displayed over the Ikarus panel.

CU Micha

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Thanks McMicha!! That worked perfectly! I missed the part about the kneeboard requiring a switch. Once I added that everything worked perfect. I have a much better understanding of how this software works now. Thanks again!!

Hello,

Can you verify proper operation of the L-39C RPM gauge? An input of "1.0" and output of "110" is making the gauge needles move only 40% or so.

Gauge(s) "Instance 6" in Ikarus L-39C profile.

Everything else working fine. I was able to make the work-around Luftwaffe trim gauge work perfectly with edits.

With Ikarus, is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to a switch? I would like to assign a keyboard shortcut to the kneedboard switch so I don't have to use the mouse to flick the switch. Thanks!

With Ikarus, is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to a switch? I would like to assign a keyboard shortcut to the kneedboard switch so I don't have to use the mouse to flick the switch. Thanks!

Hello ZBoT,

the next Ikarus version will probably have the feature to assign a keyboard command to switches.

CU Micha

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

@JG14_Smil: Great that your problem has been solved by an update.

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Thanks for keeping up with this, Micha. Here is what I have found:

Please note I use only the gauges and digital readout's from Ikarus for my cockpit.

L39C-RED.ikarus profile all works correctly, including the engine RPM gauge. The LW Trim gauge works with "-1.0,1.0" and "-50.0,50.0" for in and out.

There is no "L39C-RED.xml" file.

The L39C.ikarus and L39C.xml files are apparently corrupted as the RPM gauge will not work correctly until I delete all traces of these files.

The missing xml files mean my profile does not refresh properly when exiting DCS and I must stop and re-start Ikarus for my gauges. I fixed this by renaming the L39C files and that then re-corrupted my L39C-RED.ikarus profile (fixing all error calls in the Log page caused my good profile RPM gauge to stop working.).

I am starting over again once more with an original L39C-RED.ikarus and I will live with re-starting Ikarus. You may want to look into the files included in the Ikarus zip. I will be happy to send my finished L39C-RED profile when working again.

Edited by JG14_Smil

Hello ZBoT,

the next Ikarus version will probably have the feature to assign a keyboard command to switches.

CU Micha

Awesome!! Any idea yet when the next version of Ikarus will be released?

Thanks for keeping up with this, Micha. Here is what I have found:

Please note I use only the gauges and digital readout's from Ikarus for my cockpit.

L39C-RED.ikarus profile all works correctly, including the engine RPM gauge. The LW Trim gauge works with "-1.0,1.0" and "-50.0,50.0" for in and out.

There is no "L39C-RED.xml" file.

The L39C.ikarus and L39C.xml files are apparently corrupted as the RPM gauge will not work correctly until I delete all traces of these files.

The missing xml files mean my profile does not refresh properly when exiting DCS and I must stop and re-start Ikarus for my gauges. I fixed this by renaming the L39C files and that then re-corrupted my L39C-RED.ikarus profile (fixing all error calls in the Log page caused my good profile RPM gauge to stop working.).

I am starting over again once more with an original L39C-RED.ikarus and I will live with re-starting Ikarus. You may want to look into the files included in the Ikarus zip. I will be happy to send my finished L39C-RED profile when working again.

---------------------------

Is the only way to create a xml file is to create a profile from scratch? I could do that, but it would take a while. I have two versions working; L39C-RED, L39C-BLUE, for metric and imperial gauges.

Hello JG14_Smil,

The XML (L39C.xml) file contains only the IDs for the export of the lamps / indicator lights and the displays (7-segment displays / radio frequency displays), additionally the data for the switches, push buttons and rotaries are entered.

All export IDs for the instruments are stored directly in the Ikarus profile.

The L39C Ikarus profile is available in imperial (L39C.ikarus) and metric (L39C-RED.ikarus) versions.

If you fly only the metric version of L39C anyway, just rename the Imperial profile (e.g. L39C-BLUE.ikarus) and then rename the metric from L39C-RED.ikarus to L39C.ikarus.

Then Ikarus always loads this profile.

The L39C.xml file is the same for both versions, so there are no two files.

So you don't need to create a new XML file for the L-39C, just rename the Ikarus profiles.

CU Micha

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Thanks very much, Micha.

I now understand about the file re-naming and it works just as you say. Apologies for not catching on earlier.

I have looked at every single L-39 gauge and your only two bugs are:

Instrument Instance 2, the HSI(RMI) instrumentaions, when using rear seat exports, are not synced with the packets received correctly. Pointers are mirrored and the heading scale is off 270 or so. This gauge functions correctly when using front seat exports and the DCS rear seat gauges are correct when Ikarus is not.

Instrument Instance 8, Radar Altimeter RV-5, Instrumentation Name "RV-5 warning flag" does not work correctly when using the rear seat 401 export. This Instrumentation works correctly when using the front seat export (62).

The engine RPM compressor and fan needle export numbers are reversed (84,85). I fixed this easily, but the other two bugs are on your side as far as I can see.

Just a bug report of the L-39C profile. No worries about anything.

Thanks very much, Micha.

I now understand about the file re-naming and it works just as you say. Apologies for not catching on earlier.

I have looked at every single L-39 gauge and your only two bugs are:

Instrument Instance 2, the HSI(RMI) instrumentaions, when using rear seat exports, are not synced with the packets received correctly. Pointers are mirrored and the heading scale is off 270 or so. This gauge functions correctly when using front seat exports and the DCS rear seat gauges are correct when Ikarus is not.

Instrument Instance 8, Radar Altimeter RV-5, Instrumentation Name "RV-5 warning flag" does not work correctly when using the rear seat 401 export. This Instrumentation works correctly when using the front seat export (62).

The engine RPM compressor and fan needle export numbers are reversed (84,85). I fixed this easily, but the other two bugs are on your side as far as I can see.

Just a bug report of the L-39C profile. No worries about anything.

Hello, JG14_Smil,

with the Back Seat HSI is a small error in the export file L-39C.lua and L-39ZA.lua.

Please just comment out the lines with the IDs 378 and 379 (this should be line 205 and 206)

--[378] = "%.4f", -- Backseat - HSI2 heading {1.0, 0.0}{0.0, math.pi * 2.0}

--[379] = "%.4f", -- Backseat - HSI2 commanded course needle {1.0, 0.0}{0.0, math.pi * 2.0}

The values will be corrected further down the export file so that the display is correct again.

For the Backseat Radar altimeter RV-5 please enter the IDs in this order in the Ikarus profile.

396 Backseat - RV-5 RALT

397 Backseat - RV-5 DangerRALT index

400 Backseat - RV-5 warning flag

401 Backseat - RV-5 DangerRALT lamp

For IDs 396 and 397, please specify the following values in the Inputs and Outputs columns.

Input: 0.0, 0.086, 0.439, 0.878, 0.955

Output: 0, 32, 150, 299, 330

CU Micha

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread