Simpit Software from SDA

HJPuhlmann

Rear seat "RV-5 warning flag" now works correctly.

RV-5 altitude pointer works correctly with flight data.

RV-5 Index setting does not respond to rear seat adjustment using the mouse-over cockpit knob in DCS. (minimum safe alt adjustment)

HSI needles and pointers are now working correctly with flight data.

HSI Command Course pointer does not respond to adjustment using the rear seat mouse-over cockpit knob in DCS.

No hurries or worries about anything... just a bug report.

Yes I can ...

I started with the F-16. Next week I will start with the animation of the instruments. Afterwards with the calibration. So it will still take some time. Then I will create the front panel. This is the roadmap.

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

https://github.com/s-d-a/DAC, https://github.com/H-J-P/Ikarus/releases/latest, https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts, Deutsches Forum, English Forum

MSI Z270; INTEL Core i7-7700K, 4x 4,8GHz, Quad-Core "Kaby Lake", GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, TrackIR 5 Pro, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 x64 Pro, 3 x SSD

keep it simple ... the 1000 small things ...

Hello,

I found one last issue with the L-39C.Ikarus file:

Instrument Name "ZDV30" Class "L39_ZDV30", Instrument function Instance 24.

Output was "0,10" and gauge did not work correctly. I entered the range of the gauge "64.0,79.0" and I have it working correctly, but the gauge moves more than one degree notch at a time. "64.0" is accurate, but "76.0"(DCS gauge) actually reads "76.12" (Ikarus gauge). Each notch on the gauge adds a little more error each time, and thus subtracts it in the other direction.

I could not affect this by editing Input numbers. It is an important gauge as it set's the altitude of the landing airfield into the RSBN glideslope.

Just thought I would let you know.

I have not tried Ikarus for a year or more. I did struggle with its implementation and eventually gave up. I recently searched YouTube for a basic installation/configuration tutorial, but did not find one. Is there one available somewhere?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Thanks Goldwolf for your guide on Redit.

The described problem with Ikarus is that you downloaded Ikarus from the wrong source.

The official download is here, then the description in the wiki also fits.(the other one is the development version)

There is also a wiki for the ExportScript with the installation explanation. Including a note on how to proceed if you already have an Export.lua file.

You are welcome to check if you could have done a better installation with the hints.

We would be happy about feedback.

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

Goldwolf, thank you very much for providing that information. I browsed through it quickly, I recall some of the issues you spoke of. I look forward to giving it another shot via your procedure info. many thanks again sir!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Hello,

I found one last issue with the L-39C.Ikarus file:

Instrument Name "ZDV30" Class "L39_ZDV30", Instrument function Instance 24.

Output was "0,10" and gauge did not work correctly. I entered the range of the gauge "64.0,79.0" and I have it working correctly, but the gauge moves more than one degree notch at a time. "64.0" is accurate, but "76.0"(DCS gauge) actually reads "76.12" (Ikarus gauge). Each notch on the gauge adds a little more error each time, and thus subtracts it in the other direction.

I could not affect this by editing Input numbers. It is an important gauge as it set's the altitude of the landing airfield into the RSBN glideslope.

Just thought I would let you know.

Thanks JG14_Smil for your support. With the next version this is fixed.

https://github.com/s-d-a/DAC, https://github.com/H-J-P/Ikarus/releases/latest, https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts, Deutsches Forum, English Forum

MSI Z270; INTEL Core i7-7700K, 4x 4,8GHz, Quad-Core "Kaby Lake", GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, TrackIR 5 Pro, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 x64 Pro, 3 x SSD

keep it simple ... the 1000 small things ...

Goldwolf, I am slowing picking at the pieces to get this installed and running. In addition to the Ikarus instructions, I am reading yours as well in an attempt to merge the instructions together, so I get a proper install. In your REDDIT instructions, you state that you basically used the export.lua from the Ikarus files. So far, I understand that, then you go on to state the section I have highlighted with red letters, which I don’t follow. Can you elaborate further? Thanks.

Part 2 - Export.lua

After I could finally see the dials/panels etc for Ikarus, I started up DCS and none of the dials worked or updated. I updated the Export.lua as outlined (adding the code to it) but it did not work, so I backed up my old Export.lua and used the one from the download. This fixed it and now the dials updated correctly in DCS. I dont know why this made a difference, but it did. Also be sure to add the same export.lua and /DCS-ExportScript/ to the open.beta folder if you have one (in case that helps).

Hi Fakum, I added that line just in case on your computer you have a separate DCS open beta folder.

If you are seeing the aircraft dials in Ikarus, try using an aircraft in DCS and see if the dials in Ikarus correctly correlate to those in DCS. If they dont, its probably an issue with the Export.lua. I hope that helps!

Once its up and running, its a great program and works really well for me.

I only have the DCS folders created by the install,,, the one in the Programs folder, and the other in the Users/Saved games folder. I have not yet initiated Ikarus yet, I just started installing the files per all of the instructions I can find so far. I will continue work on it tonight and report back. Thanks

I refer again to the wikis of the respective programs, these contain extensive instructions. (Wiki Ikarus, Wiki DCS ExportScript)

Please read this first and if you have any questions, please ask.

You are also welcome to make suggestions for improvement of the documentation, because the whole thing depends on the participation of the users.

PS: none of us developers is a native english speaker, so our english is a bit shaky.

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

I have been reading, also, some of the wiki info had broken links. Also, I could not find any navigation info to find the Ikarus.exe file? I appreciate the software, but the flow of instruction is on the side of ambigious. I am writting down the steps so maybe the instructions can be updated?

Just confirming, I have to create my own MonitorConfig.lua (C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World Whichever version\Config\MonitorSetup\to export things like the Shkval & ABRIS for the KA-50 correct? That is not handled through this software that I could find in the documentation I have read to date.Thanks,

That's right, all types of viewports are created via the Viewport settings in the monitor configuration by DCS World.

We have not described this in our documentation because it is part of DCS World.

PS: @Fakum: I have fixed the broken links in the documentation.

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Thank you for updating the links. Currently, you have provided the following links:

https://github.com/s-d-a/DAC

https://github.com/s-d-a/Ikarus

https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts

Can you please add the Ikarus.exe file link that Goldwolf mentioned in his REDDIT guide (See Below Part 1)? I cant seem to navigate to it from your github file structure? I have not found any mention of its need in your current installation instructions either?

Part 1 - Ikarus.exe

The downloads above do not include the ikarus.exe file. You have to download it also. It can be found here.

Sorry for any confusion JG14 Smil, I am not looking for where it is located within any file structure, I was asking for a link to DOWnLOAD the "Ikarus.exe" file as it is NOT incorporated in the Ikarus program file that you downloaded. It is a separate file that must be placed in "Per REDDIT Guide":

Part 1 - Ikarus.exe

The downloads above do not include the ikarus.exe file. You have to download it also. It can be found here.

If you follow the instructions, you will install the Ikarus software (not ikarus.exe) into C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\ikarus. You will also update the scripts folder in C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\ with the export.lua in the files and add a new folder here /DCS-ExportScript/.

The ikarus.exe HAS to be in the ikarus folder with all of the aircraft in it.

@Fakum:

Thanks for informing us about the missing Ikarus.exe.

I had accidentally deleted it when I cleaned the directories 8 days ago.

The Ikarus.exe file is now back in the directory structure and also in the current release download.

Additionally I have added the documentation as PDF file.

I apologize for the mistake.

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Thank you sir!

In addition, I need some help.

I know its me, but I cant seem to get anything exported to either monitor. I do realize this is Not an Ikarus issue, but I could really use some help getting Ikarus finished up.

My main monitor is on top at 3840x1600.

My TouchScreen monitor is right below on bottom at 1920 x 1600.

DCS is NOT set for “FullScreen”

DCS Resolution is set as 3840 x 2680

Monitor Config file is set to look at “Fakums Ikarus All in One”

I took a lot of stuff out of exports out of this Monitor.lua, just to see if I could get at least 1 thing working. I eventually set the X & Y axis both to “0”, just to see if I could get the Shkval to show up in the upper left corner of the main screen,, it wont? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('Fakums Ikarus All in One');

Description = 'Created from Fakums All Helios 2 on 3-6-20.'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 3840;

height = 1600;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 2.4;

}

}

-- ┌─────────────────────────────────────────┐

-- │ K A - 5 0 for Capt. Zeen's profile.

-- └─────────────────────────────────────────┘

--SHKIVAL

ED_KA50_Shkval =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 432;

height = 309;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

1226890037_ExportLUALocation.thumb.PNG.fbabd1d119ddd628d0d382f2f6a4b288.PNG

Apparently, I have to edit a bunch of init.lua files for each item I want to export. That is in addition to creating a Monitor.cfg. Is there anywhere i can go to download these files that have already been reconfigured? Im saying this based on what I have read so far in the last few hours.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70716