PALLIT GeForce GTX 1080 [ NVIDIA]

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

I've pre-order my Viggen these few hours, now wait the official release.

I'm so excited because if the Viggen is also beautiful and awesome than Mig-21bis it's the future must to have +1

pre-ordered. :) Awesome job LN. Looking forward to it.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Green sidewinders are training munitions.

Here is an example of an RB24J that's "Blind" which means "inert" the missile obviously has the seeker head though so it can be used in mock dogfights.

As a Sidenote you can see the difference in the Proximity fuzes between the RB24 and RB24J, on the RB24 it's those "holes" just below the white areas and on the 24J it's where that reflection below where "Blind" is written !

6819670689_0f74ed8455_b.jpg

Will there be more liveries? Especially with proper air wing markings etc?

Certainly! We'll probably start off small; as when you make changes to the exterior textures, each change needs to be propagated across every livery, and this increases workload a bunch. :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Quick question on computer performance - how is the Viggen performing in VR?

The MiG-21 cockpit is gorgeous in VR and arguably the most 3D looking (IMHO), but framerates and general performance are not as good in the MiG compared to the A-10C. You mentioned in the AMA that the Viggen runs similarly framerate-wise to the A-10C. Is this also true in VR?

-Nick

Quick question on computer performance - how is the Viggen performing in VR?

The MiG-21 cockpit is gorgeous in VR and arguably the most 3D looking (IMHO), but framerates and general performance are not as good in the MiG compared to the A-10C. You mentioned in the AMA that the Viggen runs similarly framerate-wise to the A-10C. Is this also true in VR?

-Nick

Not sure if we'd compare it to the A-10C as that one is extremely well optimized and emphasizes more detail in the textures rather than mesh. :)

We'll know better once the aircraft is fully done and the last optimization pass is done. Right now VRAM and fillrate load are lower than the MiG-21; but triangle count is somewhat higher.

For most machines, this should most certainly favour the Viggen in performance.

Once we get closer to release I'll do some simple benchmarks for everyone to get a good idea.

I just got my rift a few days ago, so I can now better ascertain VR performance (though, with some underclocking on the GTX1080 :) )

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Thank you for the very prompt answer. :)

That sounds promising. The MiG runs well enough that I still fly it everyday, but I have more stutters and noticeable ASW activity. I tend to keep my flights simple as a result. If the Viggen is better (even a little bit), it will likely work well for me.

What I really need is a GTX1080 - but it also means upgrading a bunch of other things so I need some time to sell my wife on that. :) I currently have a GTX970.

Enjoy your new Rift! I just got mine a few days ago as well. It's a huge upgrade in experience! Particularly for things like carrier ops or refueling. :D

-Nick

Better to optimize for a low spec PC than high, afterall.

It doesn't help someone running a 970 that I have 200 fps on a 1080.

Ah! :)

Thought you had problems with it...

But it's reassuring to hear developers think like that.

Me, a user, wouldn't consider underclocking anything unless I had stability issues, or heat problems. ;)

Better to optimize for a low spec PC than high, afterall.

It doesn't help someone running a 970 that I have 200 fps on a 1080.

Not a bad idea. :)

My first thought was that you have problems with it. I had to underclock my old card, otherwise it would randomly, but very often, crash in games.

VR frame rate is not GPU bound. There was a detailed study on it in the forum somewhere.. I also did my own study and painfully found that out after my new expensive rig performed worse than my old.. My GPU utilization always hovers around 20-30% when I am playing DCS with Oculus Rift.

For DCS + VR, CPU clock speed (single core kind) is the king.. Doesn't matter how many cores you have as long as it is more than 4.