China get Su-33!

Kusch

Russia’s state exporter of weapons, Rosoboronexport is completing negotiations to ship to China up to 50 Su-33 jet fighters for a total worth of $2.5 billion. If the deal is ever clinched, it will be the second biggest contract for export of Russia’s armaments.

http://www.kommersant.com/p715509/China_jet_fighters_export/

Next add, Lock-On Carrier Ops? ;)

Give me "flying telephone pole" (SA-2)!

The Mig-29M/K would be better, for those Su-33's are going to be very basic in every capability.

I also dont understand why china needs a carrier. Historcaly speaking china has never liked naval projection, being most of the time completely isolationist in this regard. Also to protect a carrier it is needed a disproportional amount of other vessels to protect it.

To make things worse, the aplication of just one medium carrier makes not much sense but to subjucate a smaller oponent navy.

In my view this is only for show off.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

The Mig-29M/K would be better, for those Su-33's are going to be very basic in every capability.
My sources are telling me that these Su-33’s will have plasma shields. Here’s the challenge: when you reveal your sources, I will reveal mine.

I also dont understand why china needs a carrier.
Next Thursday I am going to Shanghai. I will talk to people there. HINT: other countries have aircraft carries.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

LOL dude, always ready for a good argument. :D

My sources are telling me that these Su-33’s will have plasma shields. Here’s the challenge: when you reveal your sources, I will reveal mine.

What? star trek? ;)

Mine are facts, and some common sense for example:

-Su-33's dont have any AG guided weaponry, nor can they carry but light loads for their non assisted take off.

-China wont do better for its Su-33's that they havent donne for their J-11's.

-China has never made top of the line fighters but to copy existing ones, to a downgraded level.

Next Thursday I am going to Shanghai. I will talk to people there. HINT: other countries have aircraft carries.

They will tell you that carrier will rule them all. Better find an impartial source.

To my knowelege, Only USA, UK, and france have ever mounted their own operations with carriers in hot spots and conflicts. Every single carrier nation had only used their examples under controlled scenarios, nor they have experience to do so, much less to throw them as spearheads of naval projection at war.

Its not enough to have ONE carrier but also the means to sustain losses and others to back it up. Spain, Malaysia, italy, india, or china will never risk their flagship in major offensives at sea in parity conditions. These nations, as well as china are notorious for their influence projection ambitions, much of wich is donne at the cost of some show off with paper tigers.

Others that have more than 1 carrier batlegroup like UK, US and france had donne, and will again if needed.

US has no competition at all, while UK and france are well developed and rich enough to buy new vessels without taking their budgets to bankrupcy or contract debts for decades nor deprive their people of funds for them.

My PC specs below:

what is that any different from what has already been done with their J-11's for example?

My PC specs below:

LOL dude, always ready for a good argument. :D

You are my man! :)

What? star trek? ;)
No, it is “real” fact. And I told you I will reveal my source only after you reveal your source about your previous statements.

Mine are facts, and some common sense for example:
Line them up:

-Su-33's dont have any AG guided weaponry, nor can they carry but light loads for their non assisted take off.
The first part of the sentence comes as your misunderstanding of the role of Su-33. Su-33 is not AG weapons system. Although it can carry anti ship missiles. Well known to us is Su-39 that does AG missions from Kuznetsov.

The second part of your sentence is your opinion because I just can not find any source stating that Su-33 can not take off with “full” load off the carrier.

Facts you said?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Well known to us is Su-39 that does AG missions from Kuznetsov.

Again no.

The Sukhoi that operates from the Kuz is the Su-25UTG which is used to familiarize Navy pilots with carrier procedures. One Su-25UT was converted to Su-25UTG with no others being built.

The Su-25UTG cannot carry any Ordnance, it has no cannons nor does it have a Fire Control Computer and avionics to launch any ordnance/cannons. It is a pure trainer.

A sidenote question? Was the Su-33M project cancelled only due to Russian financial problems? Because if so, I suppose that China has the money to revive it.

:detective:

My understanding that was the reasoning, more of a financial matter rather than technical. As we've seen, the Su-30 and -35 programs have shown alot can be done, if the money is there.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

The Su-39 will rust away on the Kuz, let alone it won't be able to land on it, not in such a way that you'll be able to take off after at least. ;)

Su-39 is only for land airfields, it's just the su-25T (modified -UB airframe) with upgraded avoinics and AG-AA radar. It can not land on any kind of carrier, now was it designed to, you're living in Flanker fantasies on that part.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Well keep in mind the modifications that were made to Su-30's etc.

China may have paid for updated avionics in their Su-33 which Russia had cancelled for their own fleet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I think we can be pretty sure that if China indeed does purchase Su-33s, they will be multirole jets and not of the same configuration as those currently operated by Russia.

Moreover, the question is whether they will even have similar airframes. A new multirole version of the Su-33 already exists in prototype form - namely the two-seat Su-27KUB, which has similar radar/weapons system to that of the MiG-29K(9-41 purchased by India), but also quite a few new airframe features.

My guess is that a new-built export Su-33 for China would look more like a single seat version of the Su-27KUB than the current Su-33 version operated by Russia.

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

My guess is that a new-built export Su-33 for China would look more like a single seat version of the Su-27KUB than the current Su-33 version operated by Russia

Correct. Export name Su-33UB with thrust vector engines.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/flankers_pages/su-27kub.htm

Su-27KUB, which has similar radar/weapons system to that of the MiG-29K(9-41 purchased by India)

Not correct. Similar Russian system (like Su-30MKK, MKK2 made by holding Sukhoi)

http://www.rosprom.gov.ru/en/news.php?id=291

Give me "flying telephone pole" (SA-2)!

The Chinese got money but not a whole lotta brains.

So let them build carriers and buy Su-33s...make them spend their money and have the Americans drop a nuke on them when the right moment strikes...

Im not worried :)

• Like 1

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum:

The defense of Taiwan just got that much more harder....

Taiwan has a lot more to fear from shore born cruise missiles than the chinese airforce.

Taiwan AF is pretty strong. That Islands softer spot lies somewhere else.

My PC specs below:

So let them build carriers and buy Su-33s...make them spend their money and have the Americans drop a nuke on them when the right moment strikes...

Dumb post, and needless too. :disgust:

My PC specs below:

I think we can be pretty sure that if China indeed does purchase Su-33s, they will be multirole jets and not of the same configuration as those currently operated by Russia.

If they are going to be modern multirole fighters they cant do much of that from the carrier. Without unassisted take off, they can only take a very limited load. If more is felt to be needed they have to operate from land bases alongside the J-11's. Moreover, without super carrier class vessel, and no catapults, its bring back capability will be virtualy zero. And that could be a very expensive proposition.

My PC specs below:

Not only is China a nation that has nuclear power, it is together with Russia and the US a nation who actually have got humans in space.

BTW, China is an untouchable nation because it simply is an allied nation with Russia like the same way Europe is an (untouchable) allied nation of the US.

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

like that's not going to cause a flame war...:thumbdown: btw I'm chinese, looks like you are the one that lacks a whole lotta brains. Think before you say something on a public forum.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not only is China a nation that has nuclear power, it is together with Russia and the US a nation who actually have got humans in space.

BTW, China is an untouchable nation because it simply is an allied nation with Russia like the same way Europe is an (untouchable) allied nation of the US.

You are wrong. There isnt, nor there will be any kind of formal alliance between any of these 3 countries, even when china's and URRS were both communist. Much the same way North Korea broke the pipe of friedship with USSR, but that was a more radical depart.

China has swong its preferrence between US and russia over the years even during the cold war. The russians do not trust the chinese fully due to historical reasons but also politicaly culturaly and geographicaly.

They keep selling them weapons because thats one of the major russians export income, but note that they dont give away the same goodies the Indians have.

My PC specs below: