F-16 Viper

uscstaylor

this is my F-16, not VSN's. It is the one i made for FC2. All the private teams have it from me, for their own use, not for the public release or selling. I believe these conditions remain available for any other user who wants to release it(even for free) under their own names or other's. In fact, if this mod will be made public, it is going to be done under my name and my approval. But nobody asked me anything about this.

Hey John X

Not sure who the owner is and for the record I got this from VSN f-16 website at one point, not sure when though. Maybe at one point they modified it but I never had any issues so I figured it was theirs. I just wanted to do some skins for it cause its such a nice plane.

So where do we go from here. Can you send me something proving that this is your model, its not that I don't believe you but I don't even know who you are and never heard your name around DCS forums.

I don't want to cause a problem just want to share this with all the DCS pilots here. So Ill wait for your to response thanks

P.S. I wont post this for download to the public until we can figure this stuff all out.

Edited by uscstaylor

Note:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=178996

These include:

-Forums/Message Boards,

(This Includes Re-Distributing Previous work done by another user in part or in full, even if no longer maintained [ie Porting OLD FC2 Mods to DCSW] )

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

So ie. I made a mod for FC2 and I stopped working on it, so someone can use it to reach their target or make it compatible with DCSW without my permission? Actually, I'd be happy if someone would like to continue my project, but give info it was originally my mod, sounds fair enough for me.

That's what I would do for sure. I always give credit where credit is due. I don't know how I wound up with it but I'm very glad I did. I won't publicly post for download but if anyone would like to have it, PM me.

Edited by uscstaylor

Here:

http://www.****************/files/file/2068-f-16-amluadf-final/

http://www.****************/files/file/1970-f-16a-adf-beta/

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=77210

If you need more, i can give you wireframes, or dated "work in progress" screenshots, dated 3d max scenes or anything you need... What pisses me off is that someone publishes some modified work that doesn't belong to him, under his name(thing that already happened to me in the past with some skins i made for a mig-21 mod) . This practice i don't agree. The right thing to do is to ask the author for permission. Now i don't really mind that my mod gets updated for current version of DCS, but saying is VSN's is wrong and i don't allow that.

The reason why i don't update it myself is that i have in my plans a more detailed and accurate project for the F-16, including a cockpit, started from scratch, much better than this old one.

Regarding this mod you want to upgrade/update, i believe it doesn't worth the effort but if you insist i am going to be the author mentioned for the original mod(with the download link from above added). You can add your name near mine as the person who modified it and specify the modifications. Best thing to do is to show your modifications to me before you post them, if they are anything else than simply skins.

• Like 1

Hey uscstaylor,

Any chance you can fix the skins in this thread or simply reproduce some of the Agressor schemes.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2802430&postcount=1

Nellis is empty without a smattering of Agressor Vipers. Thanks for looking sir, happy New Year!

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I have the VSN F-16 for 1.5.5 which I got from here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cx3et8f0y1hilbx/AABUHzEASbimfamxmf0UQ8bja/Version%201.5.5?dl=0&preview=VSN_F16+v1.5.5.01+(Avionik+mit+CMD+auswaelen).zip

Is it the same one? I get the default ED model basically made flyable... looks nothing like the F-16 in the screens on page 1

How do I install this? JSGME?

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I do have those skins fixed and they work for 1.5.4. 1.5.5 changed everything for older models. Ill send them to you no worries. when I get home and I will make it JSGME complaint..no worries

Thanks to John X for making such a beautiful plane and if he does a newer version Id gladly pay...Salute JohnX

Edited by uscstaylor

That's correct...ill try the canopy side number fix tomorrow...where'd the Thunderbird skin come from! Of all the skins we need for the Nellis ramp... THESE tops the list...I flew in and out of Nellis dozens of times during my career and ALWAYS saw them lined up between missions...

Thanks for the help sir!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

The AI F-16 is made only for the Blk52C version. Select skin in ME if it don't show up in ME it will once mission begins. I didn't put the different country codes for the skins I just used USA for country when selecting country code. You can change it as needed if you want to.

https://www.mediafire.com/?v4yppdh8bpc9yun

I have the whole set for Thunderbirds just need to put them in a skin pack

These are for the 1.5.4 version I dont think they will work with anything higher then that...

Edited by uscstaylor