refueling/rearming issues

Redglyph

DCS 1.5.5.60503.215

Refueling/rearming does not produce a "cannot comply" anymore, but there are other issues.

Mission with 20% initial fuel, 80% initial ammo, cold start.

At the beginning,

- 20% fuel and 80% ammo in load window => OK

- fuel indicator shows about 25 gallons

Refuel/rearm request to ground crew:

- no confirmation when refueling is complete

- no confirmation when rearming is complete

- fuel indicator shows 37 gallons (I thought the lower tank made 38 gallons? pp. 116 vs pp. 81)

- after rearming, only 80% ammo => rearming not done?

- after refueling, only 83% fuel, seems consistent with values above, but 38+47 = 85, where could 17 additional gallons be stored?

I tried with other ammo quantities, it simply remains the same after the "rearming".

What's the button "5CW/4187"? Is that the one that shows the fuel content? ;) (pp. 116)

EDIT

I tried the same, with 20% initial ammo, but this time I fired some rounds before rearming.

- fired the gun (I'm afraid I scared the ground crew...)

- window shows 3% left ammo

- required rearming to 100%

=> got the "rearming complete"

=> window shows 100% ammo

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Also I've noticed your oxygen tank isn't topped up during re-arm either. If it's 1/4 full when u land, it remains at 1/4 full after the refuel.

The ground crew guys also scream out 'hey, where are you going?' when you taxi out following a re-arm re-fuel.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

83% is the maximum amount of fuel for the Mk. IX with the wings we have

About rearming, yes, i had once too a problem with rearming

the ground crew refuelled me, but didn't rearm my guns... they were at about 40-60 % full

I thought those tanks were not mounted on Spitfire Mk IX?

http://spitfiresite.com/2010/04/concise-guide-to-spitfire-wing-types.html/2

I see now mention of leading edge fuel tanks in the description of the C wing, in the DCS manual, and I haven't found any reference to such tanks in either Morgan/Shacklady's or Price's books.

Besides, those wing tanks usually had capacity for 30-33 gallons, not just 17.

So I believe that's either a mistake, or something that should be explained somewhere in the manual, unless I missed it.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR