Best modules?

TripRodriguez

Hey guys! With the sale prices I'm looking at getting another module or two and thought it might be fun to debate which are the best choices!

First, some info on me:

Skill level- Noob

Commitment level- 6+ hours/week and would like to join an active squadron who are into realism. I'm looking for a specific aircraft to commit to and spend 1000's of hours in ultimately.

Equipment- Oculus Rift, Thanos powered 6DOF Stewart motion chair, Warthog joystick, MFG Crosswind pedals, and I like to home build controls.

Current modules: P-51 and Nevada

Interests:

I like the WWII era and I'm not much a fan of engagements at long ranges exchanging missiles and such.

Something about the F-86 calls out to me, is it great?

I've always had a thing for helicopters but know nothing about combat helicopter gameplay.

The A-10C seems to have a huge following and lots of content. I'm not sure I see the appeal of air to ground over dogfighting but figure there has to be a reason it's so popular and for $20 on sale right now maybe I'd just better try it for myself? Also seems to me that attacking ground targets mostly means looking at less impressive graphics a lot more no?

The catch: I'm dying to get started on my tactile cockpit for VR so I'd like to pick an aircraft to commit to in the next week or two.

Let's not just make this about aircraft though, what are your favorite campaigns and why?

Thanks,

Trip

Edited by TripRodriguez

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

A-10C is a signature module of DCS, can't go wrong with it. Especially that apart of the aircraft itself I think that more important is the content for it, which for A-10C there is plenty of.

If you're interested in WW2 why not to go with Spit also. It's in early access and some things are expected to be tuned and added but with Normandy across the corner we can only expect that WW2 will become much more interesting. At the moment unfortunately it’s mostly MP with dogfight and air-quake like servers.

Sabre itself is a great module which on the other hand suffers quite a lot from lack of content. On the other hand there is a fantastic Museum Relic campaign for Sabre and MiG-15.

Edited by firmek

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

@firmec thanks for the reply! That was the impression I got about the current lack of wwii content but glad to hear it's likely to improve soon.

This is very O.C.D. of me but I don't want to fly the spit because of the hoop on the stick lol.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

Hey TripRodriguez, I see you've gone with the A-10C and I'd like to congratulate you on your selection!

She truly is a joy to fly, and often times I find myself enjoying cruising over the Nevada desert at dusk just as much as a tense combat mission in the mountains of Georgia.

The A-10C community is absolutely fantastic. DCS A-10C has created a community of guys who really know the A-10C and have a culture of their own.

You made the right choice, welcome to the Pig club! Hope ya get settled into the A-10 just fine.

I see that you're also looking for a squadron dedicated to realism. I'll go ahead and shoot ya a PM on that. Raise a glass for our new hog driver!

Install DCS world 1.5

This gonna be your top list!!!

1: DCS: Spitfire LF Mk. IX

2: DCS: MiG-15bis by Belsimtek

3: DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst,

4: DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora

5: DCS: MiG-21bis by Leatherneck Simulations

6: DCS: F-86F Sabre by Belsimtek

How do i know? I have it all! :D:pilotfly::smartass::thumbup:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

If your a WWII fan, the Spitfire is absolutely awesome.

Be prepared though, takeoffs and landings have a bit of a learning curve - but so rewarding once you get it.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I'm really enjoying the Spitfire and it performs really well against the German fighters.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

OP mentioned the F86.

F86 is really a nice module. The Museum Relic Campaign is well done and alot of fun to fly.

If you have interest in the F86, dont hestiate...you will enjoy it!

<S>

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10