A few netcode problems

I'm been flying on ww2 servers lately and there are planes warping and glitching ,makes it almost impossible to shoot with accuracy .

I've seen other players say the same thing.

Maybe ED is working on 2.5 and remedy the problem with that version ?

I'm been flying on ww2 servers lately and there are planes warping and glitching ,makes it almost impossible to shoot with accuracy .

I've seen other players say the same thing.

Maybe ED is working on 2.5 and remedy the problem with that version ?

It's either the netcode or the internet connection and internet speeds of that server

It's either the netcode or the internet connection and internet speeds of that server

I've seen it on Burning Skies and ACG ww2.

j5ZcTT1dXUM This is what i see like the player that posted this video ( minute 1.44 ).

• 2 weeks later...

sadly, the these netcode problems also seem to be the cause for other strange things like input lag of stick forces...once a server is laggy the 109 feels nothing like it feels offline. you have to keep probably twice the deflection compared to offline flying for just a moderate turn.

what you can also observe, is that the netcode doesnt seem to be able to handle the fms correctly.once you are on someone's six, and he starts to do aggressive evasive manouvers, you can see small little unpredictable lag jumps, which defeat the law of physics so to speak. horrible to aim at, but more annyoing, the bullets often then just go right through the bandit without hitting....its frustrating...especially as ive seen so many patches go by where they adressed netcode issues,...but somehow, i dont see a real improvement to when i started flying dcs some 5years ago.

Enemies warping around screen when you have them in your sight is something I haven't seen in other games/sims. There was just no visible lag.

Frequently, in DCS online, it would start as 20-50m warps and as you close in they can simply vanish to a position kilometer to your side. In most such cases even those "small" warps are enough for a missile to lose a lock. Frequently 3 different missiles at ranges 5-10 km fired within lethal cone are not enough to hit a bandit.

Three IR/radar missiles missing happens sometimes even if bandit appears to be flying straight and not deploying any countermeasures, which can also be attributed to lag.