Control LockOn with ur Voice

A.S

• 2 weeks later...

1st ..it is free...at least for us all who downloaded it from the link above

2nd....research is up to u

3rd ... the guy who gave me that tipp tested them all and confirmed this as best of its kind and i trust him (thx protos :thumbup: )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree. Been using VAC for sometime now. It works a treat! VAC is not free it is shareware. The only comparable free product is Shoot! but it does not have a nice GUI like VAC and I think VAC is more accurate as well.

Now online I use and alternate push to talk button on my Cougar. One PTT for TeamSpeak so I can communicate with the squadron or anyone who happens to be in our TS server. The other PTT is used to trigger VAC. So I can speak phrases like "Raygun" or "Good Kill!" into my mic and have vac convert it to text chat and send it for me. Way easier then punching all needed keys and far more natural as well.

Great product!

Out

btw, are there any free software out there that can perform the same task? If not, could u give me a list of other software that does the same task so i can compare. That way it will make me feel better when i purchase this software.

I used some time ago gamecommader, with very good results.

I’m really interested in this VAC program as I find myself busy when I’m trying to give my wingman a command. However, I seem to get getting an error code after the program is running for about 3 min. There’s no point trying to make a profile if all the information is lost after 3 min without saving. Could anyone tell me the proper way to install this program? I’m running on version 1.8.5. I used the full installer since I don’t have anything like Microsoft Speech or whatever, I didn’t go through voice training or anything. If the error message stops showing up, then I can finally convince myself to purchase this product. The error message that keeps popping up is

VACerror.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yea the error still persists, so i probably have to find another program. What's the second best, doesn't matter if its payware or freeware. I'll do some research on Shoot! and gamecommader but i was wondering was there anything that was designed for flight sims like VAC. Its a great program- if i can make it to work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest Hell Sqn Protos

S~!

Listen Fu, its not hard, just do a little research instead of spamming all the time, google the VAC support forum, get a hold of the Developer Shift_E and ask for help.

Otherwise, since judging by other threads I see you post in, your comp is a wreck................ Format C.

look i already contacted Shift_E, he doesn't know what's the problem, i did all the necessary steps but it still persists. I'm running on my new laptop so i just formated. I already tried to do some research on the problem but nothing comes up. All I'm asking some help, you don't have to say I'm "spamming" the forum if I'm just asking a simple question, and you certainly do not have to say my comp is a wreck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well I tried this program and to be honest, I just couldn't get it to work for me. The only thing I wanted to use it for is to tbe able to "talk" to ground control and AWACS but even thought in VAc the voice commant would recognise my voice, in game it just wouldn't work. In the end I just gave up...

No longer active in DCS...

• 4 years later...

VAC version 2.5.0 is released. Can't find any list of what the changes are yet but it installs nicly on Windows 7 64 bit.

EDIT: Had to run a "System Restore" because VAC requires new license key again! And that can take some time ;)

(HJ)

Edited by HiJack

VAC

There is no comparing this VAC software with others. Its is hands down the best. I have had this software 8+ years. Support is outstanding and software works as advertised. Easy to set up and it just keeps getting better with every release. This VAC software is very inexpensive and out performs more costly similar voice activated software. :thumbup::thumbup:

Pete(rattler)

PS. You need a speech recognition software for VAC to work. After that you train your voice in VAC, then you can make a profile for whatever. Been using for years on XP home 32 and now on windows 7x64. If you have a problem I can assure you it is not the software but something with your computer. If Shift_E can't get it working then you have the problem not the software. I have had minor glitches over time but that is all they were and corrected in less than 24Hrs. If using XP get the voice recognition sdk software from microsoft. I might have a copy still around if you can't find it so give me a shout and I will see if I can help you out. Cheers.

Edited by rattler