ATC communication. That do I miss

Owl

In the Mi-8 campaign, I can't communicate with the tower. The right freq is selected (Beslan 141.00), both the pilot and copilots radio is set to "radio", and the selector FM/AM I set to AM. But then I push the "/" on my keyboard, it says INTERPHONE in the radiomenu and not R-863.

What do I miss?

Edited by Owl

As said in my tread, both the pilot and copilot is selected to radio.

I restarted the mission, and now it works. I have had radio problems on and off in the first 4 missions in the campaign, and I simply don't know that is period wrong. Is it a bug og is it an error 40 from my side. I don't know.

I think I'm in my 5th-6th or 7th mission(s), and a new error is occour for me. The history is as:

I have to take off from Java (131.00) and go to another helipad and take up troops.

The mission begins with engines on and ready to take off. If I call up the ATC, I only have the choice to abort take off, so i think I don't have to call up ATC. I fly to the other helipad (135.00), call for inbound, the ATC calls back, and later ask for landing and so on. No problems, just as it should be.

The mission goes on, unload troops in the battlefield, fly back to Java, there I start from. Change the freq back to 131.00, call the ATC for inbound, but my only choice is cancel my takeoff.....

What am I doing wrong. Bug or is it just me? I haven't had a mission in the campaign Spring Tension, there the radio is function as I thought it should do.

• 2 months later...
I think I'm in my 5th-6th or 7th mission(s), and a new error is occour for me. The history is as:

I have to take off from Java (131.00) and go to another helipad and take up troops.

The mission begins with engines on and ready to take off. If I call up the ATC, I only have the choice to abort take off, so i think I don't have to call up ATC. I fly to the other helipad (135.00), call for inbound, the ATC calls back, and later ask for landing and so on. No problems, just as it should be.

The mission goes on, unload troops in the battlefield, fly back to Java, there I start from. Change the freq back to 131.00, call the ATC for inbound, but my only choice is cancel my takeoff.....

What am I doing wrong. Bug or is it just me? I haven't had a mission in the campaign Spring Tension, there the radio is function as I thought it should do.

i have your problem in ka50 too.sure . because i remember that i could do this before.but i'm not sure that is a bug or something related to mission editor.

in mi-8 most of time farps don't even answer to my requests.

If I remember correct, there was 2 frequensies at the Java helipad. 131 and 127,5. Then I come back from the mission, I have to use the different freq than I used on TO. Hope it helps you.