Custom lua files disappear

I'm trying to setup 3 monitors. When I edit the lua files in the DCS world/config/monitor setup folder and if I either edit an existing lua or create my own as a copy it disappears from selection inside DCS World settings. Has anyone else run into this and have a cause or fix?

I've seen this happen. You can always edit options.lua to assign the setup file. I think I renamed one of the working files and pasted in my custom numbers and then it finally showed up on the list in the Settings menu. Make sure you save it in the .../saved games /DCS/config folder.

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

Do not edit/replace/customize Files in the "Program files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/" folder, unless you use something like JSGME or OvGME.

Every patch, update or repair, checks these files and reinstalls the original ones.

You can store them in the "*user profile*/Saved games/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/config/" path.

You need to understand, that through changes in the original game you can have issues.

Monitor setup isn't much of a problem, but if you change game lua files you may fail Integrity checks, run in trouble if internal files change, up to the point where DCS won't start.

So for any further modding consider using OvGME or JSGME to handle the Mods.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I created a copy of the 1camera.lua and renamed it 1camera_mod.lua. It's identical to the original except for the screen width, height, and position of x. I put a copy in both the monitorsetup folder and my saved games/dcs/config folder but it still doesn't show up. Any other ideas? Thank you so far for the help.

I created a copy of the 1camera.lua and renamed it 1camera_mod.lua. It's identical to the original except for the screen width, height, and position of x. I put a copy in both the monitorsetup folder and my saved games/dcs/config folder but it still doesn't show up. Any other ideas? Thank you so far for the help.

Not at my PC, but IIRC there is a name of the profile inside the lua file, that needs to be different. You may already have multiple profiles in the drop down, with the same name?

If it still doesn't show, take care to edit the file with Notepad++ or similar, definitely not the shitty Windows Editor. It often messes up EOL or EOF marks etc.

Try just a copy if a standard lua, without changing anything, but the profilename and filename.

If it shows up, tweak, settings step, by step.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)