Pilot avatar in cockpit- Virtual Reality in the A-10C

TripRodriguez

Hey guys, I'd really like to have a pilot avatar in my cockpit. I realize it would block the panels some but I could toggle it off temporarily when it's in the way like I do in the P-51 module.

I've decided to go all in on DCS because it's one of the most immersive experiences available but this really hurts in that regard.

Thanks for any help,

Trip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

Recently getting VR myself, I would also like to be able to have a toggle pilot body for the Hawg. Maybe the current one when you hit Left Ctrl+F11 could be used? That one might be too low of a resolution but its an idea. :)

Come join a passionate community of flight simmers everyday, live at

16hnv2f.png

PC Specs

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Corsair Vengeance LED 2666MHz 32GB DDR4

H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce 980Ti Hybrid (built-in liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+Gold

Samsung NVMe 950PRO M.2 SSD 512GBx2

What I'd love to see, is a body tracker refined to the point that the pilot avatar would move in the cockpit with your own movement in R/L, so when you reached out to hit a switch in VR, the avatar would match your own movement to hit the switch as a form of mouse tracking.

You would basically reach out with your own virtual hand/arm to maniplate controls in the cockpit. Given the current state of technology, it could be a viable next generation tech, if we could just get the companies involved to work with each other.

Leap is trying to go in this direction, but is still pretty crude comparitive to what is needed to do this. They have the basic framework, but not the resolution. They really need to partner with Oculus.

• 10 months later...

Are there any plans for our beloved Hog, to have a pilotbody?

It should be a standard feature. Just in times of VR. :music_whistling:

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II