[RESOLVED] Ins Position Update

Boagord

Hello,

When I do a waypoint flyby position update, if I press the REC button wherever inside the radius of 15 nautical miles and then press the VAL button the INS drift will be set to 0. I don't need to fly over the landmark's waypoint.

I do my best with my English but here is a video showing this "feature".

https://youtu.be/1jFciXIU3S0

Edited by Boagord

This is known, It's how it works atm

I don't think so, Boagord is right IMHO, if you press the REC button if you are within the famous 15 nautical range, the INS will always be updated to the exact geographical position you assigned through the mission editor. This is a fly over position, and it make the INS radar position update useless, no?

I think what Rlaxolo meant was that it is a known bug.

Also he agrees that what Boagord described is how it is currently working. When he add "atm" (atm = At the moment) it implies that once the bug is fixed it will work correctly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I think what Rlaxolo meant was that it is a known bug.

Also he agrees that what Boagord described is how it is currently working. When he add "atm" (atm = At the moment) it implies that once the bug is fixed it will work correctly.

^ This :thumbup:

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nope still there. You can do a fast rampstart poor alignement, and then update INS anywere on your way it will update it perfectly no matter when you push VAL button.

Pretty handy to get fast in the here, but pretty cheaty :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just to link the bug reports, the problem with INS alignment not working correctly is also reported here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=178914

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Or you can just tick "INS always aligned in special options tab" ;P

Quick question about this : I tried to tick this option the other day in order to do a fast take off without bothering with the 10 minutes aligment. It appears switching directly into NAV mode made the plane unflyable (or at least uncapable following its flight plan) as it indicated correct distance but absolutely wrong compass (north became south ^^) . I tried to use the INS update bug to catch up but REC button wouldn't do anything. Any way I could somehow find a trick to avoid aligment ? (using this method or another ?)

Badoo 4 | iPod

were you flying in January? thats known bug for M2k. Magnetic declination (DEC on INS parameter) instead of around 6 becomes 100 (So in January instead of magnetic bearings you can use True Headings, switch to CV on HSI). Otherwise when u tick that option, all you need to do is to switch mode to NAV and you are good to go (on months other than January)

were you flying in January? thats known bug for M2k. Magnetic declination (DEC on INS parameter) instead of around 6 becomes 100 (So in January instead of magnetic bearings you can use True Headings, switch to CV on HSI). Otherwise when u tick that option, all you need to do is to switch mode to NAV and you are good to go (on months other than January)

That would explain everything, thank you very much :D

Badoo 4 | iPod