GTX 1070 driver stopped working

I got a new GTX 1070 for Christmas and have only just fitted it. Every now and then (seems random) the screen goes black for about 3 seconds then comes back to normal. I get a pop up box telling me that the driver has stopped responding but has fixed itself, or something like that. I'm using Nvidia 376.19 drivers. Any idea?

What is the card's memory? Micron or Samsung?

If you are with Micron (as I'm) you will need bios update.

Check manufacturer support/download pages.

Edit: Please post your system specifications (MB, power supply, etc.).

Ryzen 5900X (Water), 64GB DDR4@3600CL16, RTX 3090 (Water), U4021QW, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, 2x1000GB RAID 1, 2000GB,

Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswind, Reverb G2 V2

I had exactly the same issue with my old GTX 660Ti which was factory overclocked (to 1100 Mhz). The way to resolve the problem was lowering the core clock by few Mhz. IRC in that specific case 50 Mhz did the job, resulting in 1050 Mhz which was still more than stock 980.

Which 1070 card do you have?

If it's factory overclocked try to lover the clock. Use the free MSI Afterburner. See if it helps. If yes, create a profile, make it as applied on startup and enjoy your new GPU.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

What is the card's memory? Micron or Samsung?

If you are with Micron (as I'm) you will need bios update.

Check manufacturer support/download pages.

Edit: Please post your system specifications (MB, power supply, etc.).

I've done a bit of checking and it seems you could be right. I'll try to update the bios and see how I get on. It's an inno3d card BTW.

I had the same problem. This is definitely a driver issue. Completely uninstall the drivers and the card from the device manager. If you're running WIN10, disconnect it from the net as it will automatically attempt to reinstall the drivers if it is connected. Download the official drivers from NVidia prior to disconnecting. Reboot the machine and then manually install the drivers. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

Ohh, you do not understand me. If your new video card is equipped with Micron memory, may be it need BIOS update to work properly, but I'm not sure.

Can you post screenshot of what GPUZ says for your video card?

What was your previous video card?

Ryzen 5900X (Water), 64GB DDR4@3600CL16, RTX 3090 (Water), U4021QW, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, 2x1000GB RAID 1, 2000GB,

Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswind, Reverb G2 V2

Don't want to speak too soon but it seems to be working fine now. I uninstalled everything Nvidia then reinstalled the newest drivers. So far it hasn't gone to a black screen after a few hours whereas before it would every 10 minutes. Thanks for your help everyone.

I was using a Gigabyte GTX 770 before. My new Inno3d GTX 1070 says it has GDDR5 Samsung memory.