DCS 2.0.4 updates

archer86

I believe ED stated this morning in the announcements today's 1.5 small update would be the last of the year, so would not look for anything for 2.0 until after the New Year.

Now maybe they were just referring to 1.5 who knows.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 4 weeks later...

I guess this friday with Viggen release, 1.5.6 open beta will be avaible for download but I wonder about 2.0.4 which has not updated for 2 months, will be updated too?

I hope it is because we are still using older flight models and still have some bugs which has solved with 1.5.5 for a month ago.

please ED, at least we need updated flight models.

thank you!

It is an unfortunate situation right now in having two entirely separate versions of DCS World. Clearly there is always going to be a mismatch when it comes to updates, and regrettably 2.0 is the "poor relation" when it comes to that.

It looks to me that you'll have to wait a little longer still for 2.0 to catch up as the Viggen is being released this weekend in a 1.5 Beta update. That will more than likely mean nothing on 2.0 for another week - though there could be an update to both, it has happened before.

I know a lot of people lack the system resources to run 3 versions of DCS World, so suggesting you add the 1.5 stream won't help. The only consolation is that 2.5 is not far away, so you'll have a solution in the longer term.

For now though, with 2.0 being an Alpha testing platform, I can't see any other short term answer.

Maybe they don't care about updating the 2.0.4 because they are about to release the merged 2.5 version?

LOL, I like your optimism, but IMHO, I don't see 2.5 being released any time soon, give or take a few months. Hope I'm wrong though. :music_whistling:

Wags should probably change his "Everything is subject to change" to "Everything is subject to being delayed" ;)

My guess for 2.5 would be by the end of the 2nd quarter this year.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

My guess for 2.5 would be by the end of the 2nd quarter this year.

Well the relase of Normandy Q1-2017 would mean a 2.XX (or whatever the v-number) update would it not?

So not that far away! What, 8 weeks to end of Q1?

I would think the Viggen and Spitfire would make it to NTTR before that though.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

2.5 prediction: Q4 2017 or Q1 2018.

Wow. I know I sounded a bit optimistic but that's a good 12 months delay from the initial announced release date (was supposed to be end 2016, then early 2017). That's 52 patch fridays away!! :cry_2: We'll be on DCS 1.9.5 by that time.

Thinking about this, maybe that's ED plan. We'll get updates until we will reach DCS 1.9.9 and then, bam, merged 2.x! :chair:

Well I can say for sure, now that I have the Spit I am so very much ready for some Normandy flying!

So the sooner the better.

Don B

If your are old in this hobby you should know how game move on. I believe 2.5 is not close enought! for me summer or even more 2.5 to come.

I believe it's better to play with what we have now and don't get to anxious about new releases!

Edited by sotosev

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Feeling impatient, new modules getting released left right and centre but where is 2.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed.... Much rather a 2.5 than more modules,

or SALEs...

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Crazy right? It almost makes you believe those clear untruths that ED has multiple teams working on different things... :P

Yes but all these teams are slowing down the base game.

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Wha? :dontgetit:

You seriously think that the code work the FM+ASM guys do on modules slows down the 3d modellers and texture artists working on bringing Caucasus upto the new standard?

I believe that the 3rd party modules have had an impact on the delivery of the new maps.

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.