Announcing Project VPC MongoosT-50

28th December 2016

Introducing VPC – About Us

VPC (VirPil Controls) is a team comprised of designers, engineers, software developers and virtual pilots with the goal of bringing in a new class of high-end, high precision flight controllers to the consumer market.

wEpujvRl.jpg

VPC MongoosT-50 Flight Controller —The dream of every virtual pilot.

Even yesterday this was just a dream, but soon, you could be one of the first virtual pilots to take to the skies with our brand new flight controller based on the fifth-generation of Russian fighter jets.

Today, VIRPIL.COM are proud to announce our debut flight controller; the VPC MongoosT-50, which consists of a flight stick, dual lever throttle unit and singe-axis rudder pedals. All of which are built with our very own high precision, fully adjustable and all-metal mechanisms.

I7VcvZyl.jpg

Using a combination of unique engineering solutions, high-tech equipment and materials, alongside the fastest and most precise electronics available, VIRPIL.COM can help virtual pilots realize the true potential of their aircraft.

To compliment our flight controllers, our revolutionary VPC desk mount can transform your computer desk into a full blown simulator cockpit—the VPCockpit, in just a matter of minutes. Allowing ergonomic placement of the flight controls, you will minimize the need to use the keyboard, allowing you to concentrate on the action!

3lHsmR4l.jpg

VPC products will be available in the official web store from February 2017.

Stay tuned for further announcements at the www.virpil.com website.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30th December 2016

MongoosT-50 Stick Grip - When design becomes art.

For a very long time it has been the grip that many virtual pilots have dreamed of. Some have tried to create it, but none have succeeded; it eventually became legend.

And now, that long awaited moment is finally here, we present to you the VPC MongoosT-50 Russian fighter jet grip!

N9O3LE3l.jpg

Like a sculptor chipping away at marble, we have skillfully worked on our design to create a masterpiece; A true work of engineering art.

Featuring a wide array of controls, including:

• Dual-stage Trigger

• Folding Trigger

• 5 Buttons

• Two 4-way Hats

• Two 2-position Switches

• Analog Brake Lever

The ergonomic design also includes an adjustable wrist rest catering for a wide range of hand sizes, allowing long play sessions without experiencing discomfort.

After enduring extensive testing by experienced virtual pilots across the most popular simulators, we are confident in our design.

The VPC MongoosT-50 stick grip will be released February 2017 at a price of €159,00 which includes the TMW adapter.

I would also like to invite all to follow us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls/

Edited by vpc_virpil

Интернет-магазин для ЕАЭС, Стань частью команды VIRPIL Controls, VIRPIL Controls в ВК, Канал VIRPIL Controls на Youtube

Win10 / I7-4790K 4.6GHz / Z97X / GTX 1080Ti / 32 Gb / SSD Samsung 860 Pro 2Tb+HDD WD 2Tb/ 40" 4K Philips BDM4065UC / TrackIR 5 / VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Flightstick (pitch: soft center cam, stiff spring / roll: hard center cam, stiff spring) + VPC Extension 200mm (S-shaped)/ VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle with Aerobatics Detents/ VPC Control Panel #1 / VPC Ace Flight Rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow, looks really nice. I have several questions off the top of my head... I asked them on your redit post but figured people here would be interested in the answers as well so:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are your grips going to made from?

Are the 4-ways and other buttons self contained, or are there mounting boards inside the grip?

Any use of shift registers?

Are grips removable/replaceable/compatible with other systems such as Thrustmaster or VKB?

I7VcvZyl.jpg

How does the centering work?

Is there any damping?

Tension adjustable?

Is there a detente when crossing the centers?

Any plans on selling mechanics separately?

What type of sensors are being used?

What resolution are the axes?

Success for you guys. :thumbup:

Good luck with the project/endeavor.

Good looking stuff there! :)

Thanks very much guys! We will do our best.

Wow, looks really nice. I have several questions off the top of my head...

I asked them on your redit post but figured people here would be interested in the answers as well so:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are your grips going to made from?

Are the 4-ways and other buttons self contained, or are there mounting boards inside the grip?

Any use of shift registers?

Are grips removable/replaceable/compatible with other systems such as Thrustmaster or VKB?

I7VcvZyl.jpg

How does the centering work?

Is there any damping?

Tension adjustable?

Is there a detente when crossing the centers?

Any plans on selling mechanics separately?

What type of sensors are being used?

What resolution are the axes?

In the (very) near future we will be posting announcements which will outline each of our products individually. These will answer many questions, including the ones you've asked.

I can say however, that the grip is made from a high quality plastic and will indeed be removable/replaceable as well being compatible with other popular systems available today.

Watch this space (and www.virpil.com) for further announcements very soon!

Интернет-магазин для ЕАЭС, Стань частью команды VIRPIL Controls, VIRPIL Controls в ВК, Канал VIRPIL Controls на Youtube

Win10 / I7-4790K 4.6GHz / Z97X / GTX 1080Ti / 32 Gb / SSD Samsung 860 Pro 2Tb+HDD WD 2Tb/ 40" 4K Philips BDM4065UC / TrackIR 5 / VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Flightstick (pitch: soft center cam, stiff spring / roll: hard center cam, stiff spring) + VPC Extension 200mm (S-shaped)/ VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle with Aerobatics Detents/ VPC Control Panel #1 / VPC Ace Flight Rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

looks good. will there be force feedback or even a simple vibration system?

what about pricing?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Those controllers look great!

I also like the choice of (high quality) plastics instead of metal - cost-effective, lighter, not cold to the touch, and when there will be more grips, it means it will be easier for most of us to get them too ;)

I'd have two additional questions:

Did you consider a twist axis (grip) for the space sim enthusiasts?

Is there an analog ministick on the grip?

Best of luck to you guys!

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Im picking that all items will be available separately? Also will there be international shipping?

Yes, each device will be available separately. We will aim to provide comprehensive international shipping, including to New Zealand. :thumbup:

Those controllers look great!

I also like the choice of (high quality) plastics instead of metal - cost-effective, lighter, not cold to the touch, and when there will be more grips, it means it will be easier for most of us to get them too ;)

I'd have two additional questions:

Did you consider a twist axis (grip) for the space sim enthusiasts?

Is there an analog ministick on the grip?

Best of luck to you guys!

The VPC MongoosT-50 will not include a twist axis, but a controller specifically aimed at space-sim enthusiasts will be something we will look into in the future.

We will be incorporating an analog ministick on the throttle!

This looks very very promising :)

Quick question : Do you plan to make a left handed version of the grip ?

As Bourrinopathe has already pointed out, yes!

We will be posting our second announcement on December 31st, in which we'll be showcasing our VPC MongoosT-50 grip.

Our third announcement will be posted in the first week of the new year where we'll cover the mechanics and gimbal of the VPC MongoosT-50 flightstick.

In total we have 8 announcements scheduled.

I will try to answer as many questions as possible, but only those which aren't already covered in the upcoming announcements.

On behalf of the whole VirPil.com Team, I can say we are very pleased people are as excited about our product as we are!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Finally left hand HOTAS will be on market :thumbup:

Count me in, it is something i desperately need.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

It would be nice to hear more information on the throttle unit as well. There aren't any close-up photos of it yet.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

30th December 2016

MongoosT-50 Stick Grip - When design becomes art.

For a very long time it has been the grip that many virtual pilots have dreamed of. Some have tried to create it, but none have succeeded; it eventually became legend.

And now, that long awaited moment is finally here, we present to you the VPC MongoosT-50 Russian fighter jet grip!

N9O3LE3l.jpg

Like a sculptor chipping away at marble, we have skillfully worked on our design to create a masterpiece; A true work of engineering art.

Featuring a wide array of controls, including:

• Dual-stage Trigger

• Folding Trigger

• 5 Buttons

• Two 4-way Hats

• Two 2-position Switches

• Analog Brake Lever

The ergonomic design also includes an adjustable wrist rest catering for a wide range of hand sizes, allowing long play sessions without experiencing discomfort.

After enduring extensive testing by experienced virtual pilots across the most popular simulators, we are confident in our design.

The VPC MongoosT-50 stick grip will be released February 2017 at a price of €159,00 which includes the TMW adapter.

I would also like to invite all to follow us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome looking stick, would like to hear more about the gimbal. The stick looks much nicer in the pictures on your site, less shiny looking.

The gimbal mechanics will be showcased in our next announcement, which will be in the first week of the new year!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are my posts invisible or simply you ignore it, and you respond to those who you like?

Whether this price includes only grip, or complete joystick (including a set of pilot's stick with base in which is mechanism of the joystick and the shaft)? If only grip the cost is too high.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

Do you plan to add some more adapters for example for Saitek X55?

Please answer to my previous question. Thank you.

Are my posts invisible or simply you ignore it, and you respond to those who you like?

Whether this price includes only grip, or complete joystick (including a set of pilot's stick with base in which is mechanism of the joystick and the shaft)? If only grip the cost is too high.

I apologise for the delay in my reply, I had to confirm the answers for your questions.

1. Our desk bracket is only height adjustable to maintain strength/rigidity.

2. Unfortunately we currently have no plans for a Saitek X55/X56 adapter.

3. This price is for the grip, grip electronics and TM Warthog adapter. The stick base and mechanics will be revealed, along with it's price in our next announcement!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]