Announcing Project VPC MongoosT-50

Throttle and software details will be revealed in future announcements!

Thanks!

When using the VPC MongoosT-50 grip on the TMWH base, all functionality will remain intact. The only change will be that the analog brake lever will be recognized as a digital switch much like the pinkie paddle already preset on the TMWH grip.

Ok so it doesn't recognize it as an axis. Shame but OK. Well see how much the bases go for but if it's a straight shot onto the WH base then I may consider the grip

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I've only ever had to use the CH/Saitek/TM software if I need additional shift states or to mimic buttons that aren't available by default. But since this grip has so many buttons and hats (and I'm guessing the throttle will too) then all we'll need is the DCS software.

But I know some people like to do it all external of DCS.

Good for you.

That's only your choice, you are happy not using all functionalities, I am happy using all posibilities....Both we are happy with our HOTAS.

So, a product must be flexible. More options, better in order to fit the preferences of a bigger customer base.

All we need? Sure? I am not fan of pontificate. Each customer has his own way. And each product has his own features. For Example CH has 3 modes of operation (green, red and orange), 4 with CMC...They cannot be used without his own software. We can add some functions to 1 button in list mode (for example, in Mi-8 change from pilot, to copilot, navigator and gunner). Also all CH products are combined in his own software so, sim only see ONE device instead of 2, 3....again a useful feature in some simulators. CH Manager allows scripting...again flexibility.

One of the best utilities is the CMprint, a software which print a scheme of your HOTAS with all buttons labeled automatically. You can use it only filling the proper text box in CH Manager. Easy-peasy to use, and to code.

There are a lot of Sims in the market and there are some in the pipeline...not only DCS :doh: so, a good software is a good feature for any product.

Freedom is the ability to choose. :music_whistling:

Good for you.

That's only your choice, you are happy not using all functionalities, I am happy using all posibilities....Both we are happy with our HOTAS.

So, a product must be flexible. More options, better in order to fit the preferences of a bigger customer base.

All we need? Sure? I am not fan of pontificate. Each customer has his own way. And each product has his own features. For Example CH has 3 modes of operation (green, red and orange), 4 with CMC...They cannot be used without his own software. We can add some functions to 1 button in list mode (for example, in Mi-8 change from pilot, to copilot, navigator and gunner). Also all CH products are combined in his own software so, sim only see ONE device instead of 2, 3....again a useful feature in some simulators. CH Manager allows scripting...again flexibility.

One of the best utilities is the CMprint, a software which print a scheme of your HOTAS with all buttons labeled automatically. You can use it only filling the proper text box in CH Manager. Easy-peasy to use, and to code.

There are a lot of Sims in the market and there are some in the pipeline...not only DCS :doh: so, a good software is a good feature for any product.

Freedom is the ability to choose. :music_whistling:

Absolutely, choice is great :) I was just viewing it from the time and effort angle. If this is a small start-up company, then I'd rather have the hardware first, and hopefully not delayed by creating some software. I obviously wasn't pontificating, hence the 2nd sentence ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

Not sure if I missed it but are the mounting holes the same dimensions as the warthog ones for the throttle and stick base?

Information on our base and throttle will be revealed in a future announcement.

MongoosT-50 Stick Grip and VKB mamba........or others vkb products.....?:pilotfly:

Electronic compatibility between the VPC MongoosT-50 grip and VKB bases is not confirmed. We also do not have an adapter for VKB bases.

For the best possible experience we would recommend combining the VPC MongoosT-50 grip with our own MongoosT-50 base!

Edited by vpc_virpil

Интернет-магазин для ЕАЭС, Стань частью команды VIRPIL Controls, VIRPIL Controls в ВК, Канал VIRPIL Controls на Youtube

Win10 / I7-4790K 4.6GHz / Z97X / GTX 1080Ti / 32 Gb / SSD Samsung 860 Pro 2Tb+HDD WD 2Tb/ 40" 4K Philips BDM4065UC / TrackIR 5 / VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Flightstick (pitch: soft center cam, stiff spring / roll: hard center cam, stiff spring) + VPC Extension 200mm (S-shaped)/ VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle with Aerobatics Detents/ VPC Control Panel #1 / VPC Ace Flight Rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Information on our base and throttle will be revealed in a future announcement.

Electronic compatibility between the VPC MongoosT-50 grip and VKB bases is not confirmed. We also do not have an adapter for VKB bases.

For the best possible experience we would recommend combining the VPC MongoosT-50 grip with our own MongoosT-50 base!

if I have vkb product but like your grip I wont buy base but will buy grip.

Sounds and looks fantastic!

Will the brake lever function as an axis or as a trigger when combined with your base?

May I ask where you are based? Russia? Couldn't find any info about it on your website. Thanks! :)

Mancher zum Meister sich erklärt, dem nie das Handwerk ward gelehrt!

Sounds and looks fantastic!

Will the brake lever function as an axis or as a trigger when combined with your base?

When combined with our base the brake lever can operate as an axis, a button press or both!

May I ask where you are based? Russia? Couldn't find any info about it on your website. Thanks! :)

VPC is based in Belarus, however we employ the talents of people from a number of countries including Russia. I am the English representative based in the UK!

I agree.

Hardware first.

The VPC MongoosT-50 will be plug and play, with no prior installation of drivers or software required.

Our software will be for advanced configuration and will not delay the release of our controllers.

• Like 1

Интернет-магазин для ЕАЭС, Стань частью команды VIRPIL Controls, VIRPIL Controls в ВК, Канал VIRPIL Controls на Youtube

Win10 / I7-4790K 4.6GHz / Z97X / GTX 1080Ti / 32 Gb / SSD Samsung 860 Pro 2Tb+HDD WD 2Tb/ 40" 4K Philips BDM4065UC / TrackIR 5 / VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Flightstick (pitch: soft center cam, stiff spring / roll: hard center cam, stiff spring) + VPC Extension 200mm (S-shaped)/ VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle with Aerobatics Detents/ VPC Control Panel #1 / VPC Ace Flight Rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Get in touch and make one........you will have the mamba, GL pro.

Plus, change the desktop of the picture, what's whit the rudders colors?

the mount hardware need a tablet attach.......

the core question is What's the gimbal differences whit the vkb ones?

• Like 1

If I could get that stick for the VKB Black Mamba I'd purchase it for sure

Got some other questions

What is the type of plastic used, I do not mind a plastic/resin stick at all. Problem is there is plastic and plastic if you get my drift

If I purchased the grip to install on a VKB or TM base would I still be able to use the VKB/TM programing software?

When you're new base is released are you planning to release appropriate configuration software?

Oh & one more thing are you planning on making an extension for the stick?

It's probably not an issue if you are only going to make it compatible with TM but might be if its VKB unless the VKB extension could be used.

I suppose it's all about the stick attaches to the donor body. I'd be interested in hearing about the plans

Hi all,

As you can no doubt see, there has been a rejig of our accounts, so this is a good time for me to reveal myself as the English VPC rep! From now on I'll be handling all VPC communication via my account rather than the previous vpc_virpil account. If you have any questions please direct them my way!

I can see some more questions regarding compatibility with VKB bases, so in case my previous answer was missed: Unfortunately, not only is electronic compatibility unconfirmed, we also do not have an adapter for the VKB bases. However for the best possible experience, of course we recommend combining the grip with our own VPC MongoosT-50 base!

When you're new base is released are you planning to release appropriate configuration software?

The VPC MongoosT-50 will be plug and play, with no prior installation of drivers or software required.

We will also be releasing our own software for advanced configuration which will be showcased in a future announcement.

Oh & one more thing are you planning on making an extension for the stick?

Yes we are! You can see a preview of the extension in the images on our first announcement.

So it's all metal? Really wishing for a great grip in high grade plastic. Light and nice and perfect for modability. Not ice cold and heavy :)

Well you're in luck! The VPC MongoosT-50 grip is made from a high quality plastic. No cold hands here :thumbup:

• Like 1

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok so it doesn't recognize it as an axis. Shame but OK.

This is Warthog base limitation - not the grip, this base has no support for extra axis, only for X an Y.

T-50 lever can operate in both ways, button and analog axis - in this case in bases with support for extra axis. :joystick:

• Like 1

This is Warthog base limitation - not the grip, this base has no support for extra axis, only for X an Y.

T-50 lever can operate in both ways, button and analog axis - in this case in bases with support for extra axis. :joystick:

100% correct!

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok heres my question using a warthog adapter on TM warthog sticktop I can make a warthog compatible with vkb. Could I not use the same adapter to make the Mongoose work with it ?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Ok heres my question using a warthog adapter on TM warthog sticktop I can make a warthog compatible with vkb. Could I not use the same adapter to make the Mongoose work with it ?

This would require some testing, I will check with our engineer and report back!

Due to the shuffle of our accounts, we will be closing this thread and creating a Part 2 to continue the discussion!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]