PC restart after a couple minutes of flight

Maverick24

Hello all,

i think, that I was probably very bad boy in this year, because during christmas my P3D simulator went wrong, my installation of WIN10 went wrong and now my DCS went wrong (i have it on a backup instalation of Win7).

I fly in DCS for three years (and time before i had Lock On and BS) and during this time I never saw something like this and I NEVER had any bigger problem with this simulator.

Long story short:

Mi-8 - after about 3-5 minutes, PC goes to hard restart without any fault message

Su-27 - same thing

so I thougt, that could be something wrong with addon modules, so I start some mission with Su-25T - same thing.

What I tried:

-delete my saved games dcs.beta folder

-start flight with the lowest graphics settings

-reinstall my video card drivers

-check some threads here - no similiar problem

-checking temperatures in video card through nVidia inspector (ok) (no overlocking on my machine)

- I thought that could be bad power suply, so I was playing for hour Witcher 3 but no problem. Only DCS goes wrong.

- put back my saved games folder - same thing

- start ED repairing tool - same thing

Could someone help me please and check my logs?

Win7Pro 64-bit

i7 2600 3.40 (quad)

nVidia GTX 960

Thank you a lot, now I havent any sim to flying :-(

Logs.zip

Edited by Maverick24

Razor: My preload radius was set to full, so I decrease it to 70000. During flight i had 6,5 GB using memory and 4,5 free memory. After change paging memory, decrease preload radius and downgrade to 1.5.5.60314 I made a 15-20 minutes flight without crash.

Paganus: I think, that Witcher 3 game for more than hour is benchmark enough for this :-). Or not?

So I will continue with testing and tommorow I let you know guys, thanks for your advices

I would not rule out the power supply either. You may want to test with some intensive benchmark software.

I am seconding Paganus suggestion. Your issue is not software related but a faulty hardware component.

You have to start with power supply, then go to ram, motherboard and latest the video card.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

I am seconding Paganus suggestion. Your issue is not software related but a faulty hardware component.

You have to start with power supply, then go to ram, motherboard and latest the video card.

I'll chime in as a third on this. A sudden restart can almost always be attributed to a failing or under watt condition of the computers power supply. This is the component to test/replace first.

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Guys, I really apreciate your help and I am glad that I have someone to ask. Could you explain to me this?

After software changes I did as I wrote, everything seems to be ok. I made a flight more than 1 hour long and everything went right (first mission "Ultimate argument" with Su-27). Just like a few days ago I flew last time. So how could it be bad power supply? It s not coincidence, or does it? I definetlly will continue with testing, but I think, that is software problem, if it occured only with one application and with others (same sophisticated as DCS or more) go right. And I probably fix this with software solution. How could it be power supply?

My power supply is CoolerMaster B2 series 600W one and half year old.

Thank you

Software usually does not initiate a restart just like that.

Things that might cause a restart:

- Failing power supply

- Overheating components (CPU, GPU)

- Hard drive issues (maybe)

- RAM issues (maybe)

- Various other component issues

What does your windows event viewer say?

xxJohnxx: I tried AIDA64, thank you. CPU had 0% of throttling for 20 minutes bechmark. I was watching all informations, but I did not recognize any malfunction. But I am not sure what I should watch for in this case.

No throttling is allready a good sing. Did you also tick the box for the GPU as well? That should put your system under a very high load condition and if it does not crash after 20 minutes it basically means that both temperatures and power are good.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Yes, I ticked GPU. Everything was in one line, everything normal. Temperatures CPU between 70 - 80, power suply also in one line. I am confused. After all your advices guys I was think that is hardware problem, but now I found out nothing and dont know what to try else, has anyone any other advice please?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

no bigger progress. My PC start restarting in Witcher 3 too. I found out, that it happened when the game make save game. Not everytime during saving, but if my pc crashes, is it everytime during saving. So is anyone who agree with me, that could be hard drive or memory?

After move DCS to other disk (SSD), crashes dissapeared (I flew a few mission 6-8 hrs total with no crash). Now I will try same thing with Witcher.

Witcher is now on disk,which I chekced with HD Tune Pro but no problem - everything is fine and game still crashes.

Could anyone give me advice what it could be? Or confirm me foulty disk or memories?

Thank you

Jiri

Being so random issue, did you considered the advice that I and others provided to you in earlier posts?

Remember, power faulty can be generated by the power supply itself or even by the motherboard. Considering your CPU older generation it is very possible that your MB is starting to become faulty.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

When did you last clean out the computer case? It could quite easily also be something as simple as overheating due to a build up of dust on fan blades, or a blocked vent.

Dust can also cause component malfunction, and may lead to some items getting cooked. Take off the lid and have a look. If you can see build up of dust, carefully vacuum everything.

Keep an open mind about what may be causing it, because it may take a while to spot the true cause. Obviously, re-installing software is free of cost, so a good place to begin if a clean doesn't improve the situation.

Download RealBench from Asu website and torture it for 30-60min.

Use SARDU or equivalent and make a USB Bootstick, it holds memtest by default. Test that and maybe run usb-bootable Ubuntu off that stick as well and toture it in Linux as well.

Try to find the culprit by deviding it into HW or SW first.

Could well be a driver imho

Report back

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I will make test what BitMaster suggest tommorow maybe, I am out of time for it now.

Year and half ago I changed my motherboard, i need it for new graphic card and buy a new power suplly for it, like I mentioned before in this thread. But how can I find out faulty psu, when I havent other? Is there any software to watch that? And when I did some test like you guys adviced, everything was ok, temperatures, voltage, and this stuff. Why for god sake the crash did not appears during benchmarks and stress tests?? Why I cannot simulated error situation? Why it appears only in DCS sim or Witcher game? I am sorry guys, I am so unhappy...

I clean my machine every two three months, last time it was 3 weeks ago.

I have updated everything I can, try rollback windows and it´s the same.

Definitely I can make a clean instalation of everything, but without any clues and any assurance that it will be ok.