[REPORTED]AUTOSTART not working in 1.5.5 Stable and Beta

jjohnson241

Hi,

Tried the Autostart command after the update today (12-28-16) and the engine would not start in the K4. Command runs as evidenced by the commands listed in the chat window, "run starter" command given, prop rotates but engine does not start.

Problem is in the Stable and Beta releases.

Autostart functions without problem in the NTTR Alpha release.

Edit: Looking through the forum, it appears that Update 2 to 1.5.5 (12-2-16) may have adjusted the Autostart LUA file. Also, I saw several posts regarding the K4 being hard to cold start after that update. The Script LUA file in my DCS Stable installation has 12-16-16 as the modified date.

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

Hi,

Tried the Autostart command after the update today (12-28-16) and the engine would not start in the K4. Command runs as evidenced by the commands listed in the chat window, "run starter" command given, prop rotates but engine does not start.

Problem is in the Stable and Beta releases.

Autostart functions without problem in the NTTR Alpha release.

Edit: Looking through the forum, it appears that Update 2 to 1.5.5 (12-2-16) may have adjusted the Autostart LUA file. Also, I saw several posts regarding the K4 being hard to cold start after that update. The Script LUA file in my DCS Stable installation has 12-16-16 as the modified date.

I believe they changed how the starter clutch worked with one of the 1.5.5 patches. You have to pull and hold the starter clutch and wait for the engine to kick over. It may be a different type of starter system than the Spit and P51, so the autostart might not hold the clutch long enough

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

I believe they changed how the starter clutch worked with one of the 1.5.5 patches. You have to pull and hold the starter clutch and wait for the engine to kick over. It may be a different type of starter system than the Spit and P51, so the autostart might not hold the clutch long enough

Hi Squirrel,

Yes, I believe that is the problem. Also, in the 1.5.5 changelog there is mention of Autostart being modified to allow start regardless of radio communication, whatever that means.

I compared the "macro.sequences.lua" files for the 1.5.5 vs. the 2.0.4 K4's and there are differences but I'm not an lua programmer and therefore am not sure what the differences mean.

Thanks for the response.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

Until ED provides a fix, I edited the "macro.sequences" LUA file and added effectively 3 more seconds of starter (clutch) application and 5 seconds overall to the Autostart macro.

Seemed to do the trick. AUTOSTART is now functional for the K4 in the stable and BETA releases.

Shame ED changes these files and does not fully test the change.

If anyone wants the edited file, post here and I'll post the file for download.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

Autostart works properly on my side. Don't mess with the throttle during engine ignition and it should start with now problems.. even in winter/cold.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Autostart works properly on my side. Don't mess with the throttle during engine ignition and it should start with now problems.. even in winter/cold.

Confused.. I have not touched the throttle when using Autostart.

Are you referring to the Autostart (LWIN + Home) command?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

Additionally fuel manual pump does not work here, fuel pressure remains the same so engine wont start..

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

Additionally fuel manual pump does not work here, fuel pressure remains the same so engine wont start..

I have not checked the Fuel Pressure during AUTOSTART but with the edited Macro file mentioned above, my engine will start. Fuel pressure must be OK then. The AUTOSTART routine pumps the Fuel pump prior to engaging the starter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

• 5 months later...

Hi i would like the edited file, couse mine dosent work

regards Niels

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero motherboard (ROG Serie)

CPU: Intel Core I7-4770K med OC på 4x4.1GHz (HyperThreading)

CPU køler: CoolerMaster Seidon 120 vandkøling

Ram:Kingston 32 GB DDR3-2133 HyperX Beast-series

Harddisk 1:Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD

Harddisk 2:Ekstra harddisk kan tilvælges

Grafik:Asus GeForce GTX780 OC 3GB grafikkort (DirectCUII)

Strømforsyning Seasonic 750W supersilent (80+ Silver )