Can't Start the Spitfire

Rotor57

Not sure if there is something amiss or just me.

I started the spit a couple of times the first day it was released. Since then there have been two updates and I have been unable to fire the spit without using the Cheat Keys. Win + Home.

I tried in the training area and also in Quick start without guidance. Same result either way. The Spit doesn't even cough or sputter when turning over. When I use the Cheat Start it starts almost every time.

I have removed all Mods including skins and still no luck.

The last update was done with all mods removed before hand. Integrity check said all was good.Start_UP_Fail.trk

The track file shows me trying to start with no luck then I activate Cheat start and it starts. Even after I switch off the running engine and try to restart not even a cough.

Cheers

Edited by Rotor57
more info

Rotor57

My Rig; Intel i7 3770K @ 3.5_32GB RAM_GTX 1080 _X55 Rhino Throttle_TM_Warthog Flight Stick_TM Pedals_28" 4K Eyeball Bleeding Monitor::doh:

Take off is optional, landing is not::pilotfly:

FC3; CA; NTTR; P51; Spitfire; F86F; Mig15; F5; KA-50; AJS 37 Viggen; UH-1H; F18C; A10-C;M2000;AV8B-N/A;Christen Eagle;

I have a few videos where i start up the spitfire

allthough i don't explain the process, you can compare my and your start up procedure

Thanks for the speedy reply and links for videos. Using the training tutorial I believe I have done everything according to start-up procedures. Doh, I failed to contact tower to ask for start-up permission. I will try that as a long shot. I have gone through the tutorial and followed along with instructions and still no luck. Like I said not even a burp or cough out of the engine when I do it.

Cheers

Rotor57

My Rig; Intel i7 3770K @ 3.5_32GB RAM_GTX 1080 _X55 Rhino Throttle_TM_Warthog Flight Stick_TM Pedals_28" 4K Eyeball Bleeding Monitor::doh:

FC3; CA; NTTR; P51; Spitfire; F86F; Mig15; F5; KA-50; AJS 37 Viggen; UH-1H; F18C; A10-C;M2000;AV8B-N/A;Christen Eagle;

Just so a quick sound question

Does it sounds like the igniters are working or not?

There is no noise except the engine cranking over. No cough or sputter. Almost sounds like the old gal is flooded or the plugs are fouled. Does not seem to be sparking. Yet it works with the cheat keys. The start up routine seems fairly basic for the spit. I can't be that far off from doing something wrong. Even using the tutorial and following along on Start up procedure I have no luck getting a cough or sputter when it turns over.

Cheers

Rotor57

are you sure you are pressing both the starter and coil button?

Also are the magnetos really on?

razor+r.... you should have been a mechanic. Dam it. I checked my keyboard bindings and booster coil was set to Delete key. Is the default key supposed to be End. Anyways I changed it to End and I was able to start it first time... Thanks again for helping me look in the right place.

3 basic elements to make a gasoline engine run. I was missing one of them...

Cheers

Rotor57

LOL, sometimes i actually do a lot of mechanics :P

Anyway, nice that it works now, see you in the air :)

Nice job razo. Rep inbound.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.