Uncontrolled Spinning Begins Randomly

dresoccer4

Hey All! First time Black Shark pilot here, still learning all her systems and quirks. I'm a real world pilot and (I'd like to think) pretty expert DCS fixed-wing pilot, so I think I understand most of the physics behind what's happening with the Black Shark (but maybe not :) )

Issue I'm having here is, sometimes randomly, my chopper will begin a slow spin to the right. then that slow spins becomes a fast and faster spin and, if i do nothing, she'll flip around and crash in a ball of fire.

the most recent time this happened i was in a hover with auto-hover on, about 150m up. and i was launching some vihks at a few tanks. everything was nice and stable, i was just fiddling with the shkval and laser settings. i had hit a few tanks and everything was going well, when all of the sudden she just began to spin to the right.

i have auto turn to target off (i tried to turn it on but it didn't do anything at all, even with a locked up target), all AP switches on (except FD), auto hover on, and there is 0 wind. as soon as i turn hover off or FD on, she REALLY begins to whip to the right and i have to apply full left rudder to stop the spin. if i enable Route following, she can straighten back out. but as soon as i turn route hold off, she begins to spin again.

this has happened randomly every few missions or so. and yes, i've been trimming the heck out of her too. anyone seen this behavior before? if so, can you please shed some light on what's happening?

thanks!

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

I would look for a control conflict.

Example....

DCS tends to make the throttle wheel on my stick base a rudder control by default If I forget to undo it there is a conflict with my pedals.

I think DCS also sets Z and X as rudder by default.

Since the Shark is new to you, maybe you missed something when you made you setup pass through the controls.

I would look for a control conflict.

Example....

DCS tends to make the throttle wheel on my stick base a rudder control by default If I forget to undo it there is a conflict with my pedals.

I think DCS also sets Z and X as rudder by default.

Since the Shark is new to you, maybe you missed something when you made you setup pass through the controls.

thanks for the response. good idea about checking the controls, but i just went and double checked and i have changed the default rudder and and throttle slider from the default. same for z and x.

and yeah its definitely possible i missed something, but its such a strange behavior because i was in a perfect hover and just shooting missiles when it happens. and its unrecoverable until i restart the mission.

any other tips and tricks to check from anyone?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Bring up the control display (RCtrl-Enter) and watch if it shows anything strange when the spin happens.

finally go the weird issue to occur again today during one of the campaign missions! started wildly spinning. checked all the settings, tried AP on and off, but kept spinning and spinning. so i brought up the control display and, sure 'nuff, the rudder had gotten stuck trimmed off to the side.

BUT, i have Rudder Trimmer disabled in the option menu, and most of the time it doesn't trim. it literally just started to half way through a mission.

anyone seen this behavior before or know of a fix? is it a bug?

anyone seen this behavior before or know of a fix? is it a bug?

I've had it some time ago, but it was hardware problem - my G940 rudder pedals was sending peak signals, since potentiometer was stiff mounted.

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

clean your pots with Kontakt-60 spray can by Kontaktchemie, available worldwide.

http://www.kontaktchemie.com/KOC/KOCproductdetail.csp?product=KONTAKT%2060

This is what I would use if you would pay me for doing it ;)

Do it every couple month ;)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 2 weeks later...

Had the same problem more or less. Ctrl enter showed my rudder was trimmed to the left and will not go past the centre no matter how much right rudder i gave it..

Eventually found out that ive been accidentally pressing my mouse thumb button which was bound to Z(my arma3 go prone panic button) . All i had to do was press X to make it return back to centre and my rudder would function normally.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk