stuck in mission 13

Tripleinside

Hi !

i'm stuck in mission 13, i get the JTAC Latitude longitude coordinates for the bombing run at WP9, but what should i do with it ? i cannot set a BAD point, should i PREP a new WP in the INS ?

thanks..

Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K

Also, remember that you can just jettison the GBUs at a correct spot and you should have the same effect (after turning to waypoint where the ground troops are and climbing to around 15k, around 4-5 miles away from that waypoint). The bombs (if set to active on weapons control panel) should still catch the laser and ride it down to the enemy positions.

Finally, destroying enemy ground forces is not necessary for mission completion, it will change the score and some of the dialogues though

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Also you can program the BAD for WP9 while you're still on the ground aligning your INS. This will greatly reduce your workload before the attack.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

I had some confusing moments when doing mission 13 as well. Part of it is surely due to my ignorance, still I'll share that here in case it benefits anyone.

1) The first surprise is the load indicated on the VTB, I have a "--- x1" on the right side instead of the "EL1 1x" shown on the left side. That's probably an issue with the module, or it's a genuine behaviour of the M-2000C, in the ME it's obviously correctly equipped with two GBU-12.

I couldn't fire the 2nd one, but again that's probably just me, the jettison trick mentioned above is probably the solution :D

2) I was also wondering whether to apply the correction on WP9, or create a new waypoint en-route, when the JTAC provides new coordinates. Creating a new waypoint is fine, but I don't have the altitude so I couldn't do anything out of it. Fortunately I did what is said above, I prepared a BAD on WP9 but wondered what to do of this

"ALT difference 761 ft (WP9: 6535, target: 5774)" on pg. 3, but above there is a "WP9: 7100 ft", and not 6535. So I guess we have to enter -1326 ft, and not 761? I entered -761 and it was fine, probably because it's laser-guided.

3) I had the first delivery right on target, after which the JTAC gave an update and new coordinates. For those I entered the coordinates as new waypoint but this isn't the way to do obviously, so I had to make a pass and look on the ground. I saw the truck and destroyed it with my guns since the 2nd bomb wouldn't go. Then the status of JTAC updated to "searching for more" and remained stuck. I fired on some infantry but no change.

I finally opted to RTB and it was apparently fine but I only got 80 and not 100, so I definitely missed something. In the vehicle count, there was one remaining, but I don't know whether it's a target, or another Russian vehicle. Not a big deal.

So, more training is definitely necessary for me, but perhaps others may ask themselves the same questions.

Despite those little questions, it was a great mission, like the others, very immersive :)

Note: for the kneeboard, I saw a Ghost 3-1 on pg. 5 instead of 2-1, and no QNH though it's easy to find in the "automated" briefing part and convert to mbar.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Yes, I had all that so the only thing seems to be this status. I don't think I missed a permission to RTB, I was mainly using green channel 3 for Ghost, and red 1 for Chevy 5.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Thanks for the feedback - did you fight enemy Fulcrums and did you see the whole bunch of US airplanes on the way back / hear their chatter / hear the outro commentary after landing? Want to check if nothing is wrong with the triggers etc.

Hi baltic_dragon, if I may, I'll answer this as well.

I just finished M13 ("version": "1.5.5.60565.216"), all chatter OK, outro too.

The bug we currently have on INS update is still there but it doesn't disrupt the mission (one can just ignore that part, it still works).

More details with minor spoilers:

I didn't fight the MiGs, I had all the time I needed to drop both bombs on both targets, Chevy 3-1 shot them down, so I just got back to IP and recommitted for the second drop before RTB ( I was told to RTB after the first drop though).

I had all the chatter with US A/C - after switching to Green X 2 as indicated - well, the message just says, "... they are on Green 2", so, why no listen :D

I even the got the 2 Hornets coming in formation thing and also interrupted chit chat with the US pilots :).

I also got the outro commentary.

So, very good, I liked the campaign a lot! Great story telling, not too many bugs hopefully. This must have been a lot of work to tune it. Cheers

• 1 year later...

It is well known that the UNI-BAD method has never worked in the Mirage.

When am I supposed to drop the bomb? Seeing the cue coming up, the obvious spot would be when it passes the velocity vector, but that always drops the bomb short. So what should I use?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have contacted JTAC. Do I explicitly need to ask him for LASER ON? Only did this once in the F-5 GBU-12 training mission and cannot really remember.

There is very little time for all that chit-chat: even starting right when the message appears, halfway though the popup my pilot is still notifying IP inbound...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know there isn't a lot of time there, but that is the whole idea :) I've tried it myself when building and it is doable, although difficult.

Still, if you don't hit the mission will continue and can be finished. Though I understand that you want to hit. I would as well to give Berger better chances of survival :D

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

OK, tried again and yes, I had to ask JTAC to "lase on", this is what I was missing. Thanks S_Froggy! :)

This time also went slower, at 450 KCAS and there was more time to spare, but a bit slow for my liking in those circumstances. ;)

Very nice campaign Baltic. Straightforward and immersive, as always!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]