saitek x56 rhino

Is there someone who has x-56 Rhino and some profiles?, I own almost every module and it's a hard work to reprogram all of my profiles.

Or at Least someone knows how to convert from x-55 to x-56... Thanks

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

Here you go...

Access the DCS 'User Files' page (see link below) and use the filters to locate suitable profiles

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/

:thumbup:

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

There are all for the "old" x55, I anyone has profiles please send them to me, or post them on the downloads page, I'll be very greatfull

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

I am currently doing my profiles - I just bought the X-56 a couple of weeks ago.

So far I have all FC3 modules done in one profile and the Ka-50.

However, my profiles are based around using VR - so I have UI assignments in them and also the DCS modules are split into fixed-wing and rotary-wing types, because I use the cockpit switches in VR, rather than assign them to the HOTAS.

Attached are images for FC3 - note that I also use some Cougar MFD buttons.

Edit: also note that I use two modifier buttons which you will need to set up on each aircraft - both buttons 5 on the stick and throttle. The button 5 modifier on the stick is called "pinky" and the one on the throttle is called "perky" :)

I can upload if you want them.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Sorry... misread model number :(

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Brixmis It would be very apreciated for me.... I use All two modules and The Huey and Gazelle.

Can you put them on the DCS download page or can you sent me via mail

pfirefox121@gmail.com

I just realised I haven't done the Huey and Gazelle yet - but I will have done within a day or two.

I'll attach the two above to this post and do the same when the others are done.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Are you having issues using the x55 ones? I've found several profiles for the x55 and they've all worked fine with my x56.

Obviously i've just adjusted accordingly as I use the bindings and make it more efficient to my liking.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it possible to get blank diagrams of the X-56 so we can write in our own key mapping assignments?

Thanks,

WMM:helpsmilie:

I'm pretty sure I put some up in the input/output forum

Edit: Here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3001079&postcount=6

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

I had a query about using the modifier keys, so here's a quick description - any issues, just ask.

Firstly, before you use these profiles, it's a good thing to remove the default profiles completely first.

To do that, you click on each controller column in turn, and click on "Clear Category" - do this for all except keyboard, mouse and TrackIR if you have it.

Then load in the ones you want. This can stop DCS from inserting it's own assignments - which it sometimes does anyway and has been a long-term PITA, but we're stuck with it - usually buttons 1, 3 and 5 and the POV get this.

The red lines are due to the modifiers not being put in. Look in the bottom left of the controller GUI and click on the 'Modifiers' button. You get a box come up with three entry spaces (keyboard will already be selected at the top).

These are for the device, the button you want to assign and the name you want to give that button/modifier. The list for keyboard will have qualifier keys like Ctrl, Alt, Shift etc. All you are doing is making buttons on your controller act as though they were another qualifier key.

You have to select the controller first - so use the drop-down menu on the right of the "Keyboard" and select the X-56 stick from the list.

Then, in the button box, again using the drop-down menu, select button 5.

Finally, in the last box, type in the name - for the stick it's called "pinky".

Do exactly the same for the X-56 throttle, only type "perky" instead of pinky.

Click "OK" and all those red lines should disappear.

When using a "pinky" or "perky" modified assignment, press the relevant button at the same time as the assignment. For example, if you want to reset the trimmer in the Ka-50 profile given, press the pinky button and the reset trimmer button at the same time. Better off pressing the modifier button slightly before the assignment button, so that you don't accidentally send the wrong command.

Kneeboard Guides

Sorry, guys, I've been feeling really crappy the last few weeks with abdominal infections - I have finally finished all of the profiles - so that's every module except the Fw-190 and Bf-109.

Tomorrow I will upload them all, complete with diagrams. The profiles were made with a few controls assigned to my Cougar MFDs, but there are easily enough empty slots on the X-56 profiles for them to be reassigned to the stick or throttle.

I also have not assigned the twist-stick to the rudder, as I use a Saitek Cessna Pro set - again, easy to change in the axis category.

Kneeboard Guides

Right then - attached is a zipped archive, containing a folder "Input".

In that folder are 16 further folders and an image file. The image file is of my MFD assignments for the Cougar MFD set - so that if you have them, you can use the profiles and the diagram for reference, and if you don't have the MFDs, you can see what has been assigned to them and decide if you want to reassign those controls to the X-56 or not.

Inside the 16 folders are 3 diagrams each - stick, throttle and panel. The 'panel' diagrams are for the switches and knobs on the X-56 throttle, as putting everything on one diagram would make things even more cramped than they already are.

In the diagrams, the blue titles are for simple button/switch presses (or dial rotations), the pink ones are for press in addition to the pinky qualifier (stick button 5) and the green titles mean press together with the 'perky' qualifier button (button 5 on the throttle). I always recommend pressing the qualifier button first, then the assigned button/switch, to avoid erroneous commands being executed. Please note, some assignments involve using a modifier key and rotating a knob - be careful with this, it's easy to end up adjusting something you didn't want to.

In each of the 16 folders, there is also another folder, with the name of each module. These folders should be put into your C:\*user*\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input folder (or ...\DCS.openalpha\... folder for NTTR).

They contain the profile files, in addition to the modifier files, so you should not need to add the pinky & perky modifiers yourself.

However, please note that you will have to load each profile for the modules you use, in the options/controllers UI. I strongly recommend clearing (deleting) the default assignment categories for each controller, before loading the X-56 ones - and even then, quickly check through afterwards, as some of the modules have a very nasty habit of assigning things themselves (buttons 1, 3 and 5, plus POV 1 are repeat offenders).

If you have any issues with the modifiers, just follow the instructions in post #14 and you should be okay.

There is only one MiG-29 profile - you can use it for all 3 types. Also, there is only one diagram for all the FC3 aircraft - I managed to fit everything into one :)

The only missing profiles are the two Luftwaffe WWII planes, as I don't have them, and the A-10C - because I simply forgot it! I will be doing one for the Hog, though - please post below if you want me to upload it (same for the Viggen).

One final point - these profiles were made for myself and I decided to share them when firefox121 asked. They won't be for everyone and they are my personal profiles - I fly with the Oculus Rift (highly recommended!) and so one of the hats on the stick and the rotator on the end of the throttle are assigned to UI controls, for use in VR.

If you don't use VR - this gives you more room for any controls you wish to add, and for the MFD assignments if you don't own MFDs.

Have fun ;)

EDIT: Please also note that these are base set-ups, not the final iterations. Commands may well be added or removed as the modules are flown and further requirements implemented. ;)

I also accidentally included my pedal assignments (Saitek Cessna Pro) - probably best to delete them, though they won't do any harm.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

I only can say THANKS for your effort, next thing I have to do is thinking in russian:megalol:

A-10C profiles completed and attached.

Hope you like them :)

A_10_C_X56_stick.jpg

A_10_C_X56_thottle.jpg

A_10_C_X56_panel.jpg

Lots of spare assignments for any additions, too.

PS -minor error - no rudder trim! (it's labelled on the stick diagram but isn't in-sim) ;)

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

• 3 weeks later...

Brixmis,

Thank you for your hard work on these profiles. I have had a hard time getting the profiler to work right. I have a request for an AJS 37 Profile when/if you get the module?

AA_Slautter, Win 10 Pro|I7-3820|GTX 980Ti|16GB Quad Channel|Alienware Aurora-R4

Edited by soberdude05
Added content

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AA_Slautter

Dell XPS 8935|I-7 8700K|GTX 1070 Ti|16GB Ram|TM WH|SAITEK PRO PEDALS|TM COUGAR PANELS|7280X1440

You're welcome - I wouldn't say it was "hard work" - I do this every time I get a new module for myself, anyway, so only uploading them for others.

As it happens, I just finished doing the basic Viggen profile yesterday, so I can upload that now. Remember, it's just the starter profile and may well need things adding as we learn what the most important systems and controls are, but there's plenty of space to add things.

Again, also made for use in VR

AJS37_X56_stick.jpg

AJS37_X56_throttle.jpg

AJS37_X56_panel.jpg

Edit: I forgot to add - some of the normal controls I would assign are not currently assignable with the Viggen, so they have been left off for now (like screenshot and autostart/stop, caution off etc)

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

I have some issues with assigning the switches to Start Left Engine and Start Right Engine. I made a advanced command and finally I got it to work.

Any tips? Is this the way to program it. There is a lot o buttons if you look in DCS but there's no way to find out what button joy_btn36 is on the throttle. Googled alot and no map.

DCS can be really awful when trying to assign controller actions. Sometimes it will play, sometimes it won't.

I really wish they would sort it out, as it's been clunky for a very long time, but when it works properly, it's great.

The attached diagrams should help you with finding button & switch numbers .

If you look on my panel diagram posted above, the numbers are already on that.

Kneeboard Guides

Left Mouse Button & Right Mouse Button

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: