MS ffb2 MOD, Counterweight, warthog and dampers = dreamstick!

Been messing around with my FFB2 lately and i was never happy flying the Huey with the force trim on or off. On is flimsy and off is just too loose. So i knew i had some dampers lying around that i was supposed to use before but the project died out. But let me tell you the feel of the stick now on the first test was beyond my wildest dreams, i thought id ****ed it up and drilled to much of the rubber out on the dampers but it was great!

The stick stays where you put it but it has just enough friction to feel nice and fluid and you can move it around with just your fingers. My hovers have gone from ok to freaking amazing in one go! Level flight has also improved by miles. Thing is before, with and without force trim it was extremely hard to keep the stick in one spot, even when you got your hand on your foot (who knows the word for thigh) And guess what, you also got force trim! Now i just need to find the right balance

If you have been pondering making this, just do it!

Im pretty sure it was some pocket bike dampers i got, i drained the oil and put Molykote 44 medium in there. I think to add friction there is a metal ring with rubber on it inside there, you can add tape to increase if you take to much off on the end caps. ill be experimenting a bit.

It not finished yet as i need to properly mount the dampers but from the test tonight ill be flying a loooooot tomorrow

20161230_014935.jpg

Edited by trigen

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Throwing in some new pics.

I decided to put the dampers at 90 degree for now. Just scavenging stuff i have for the prototype. There's a lot of wires coming out everywhere and while its already connected to a bodnar board for the pots id like to buy a dedicated one to go with a plastic handle like the TM f16 FLCS or the CH fighterstick. For not its fine but you need a big weight (about 1.6kg for this length) and lots of room for the WH handle. I really want to put my proper shaft on here so thats a future thing once i can afford it. Id happily sell/trade my WH for a plastic equivalent. Also got a Huey WIP collective with working throttle.

You might notice im not overly worried about aesthetics

20161230_231956.jpg

20161230_232020.jpg

20161230_232150.jpg

20161230_232208.jpg

20161229_225606.jpg

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc