Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter

rrohde

So, the countdown begins (again)!

Anyone know China-US DHL shipping times??? :)

Less than 7 days usually once it leaves their facility.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't have the official "go ahead" yet from VKB HQ to announce the start of the shipping date, but according to them the PCB issues have been resolved and everything is back on track now.

:thumbup:

Good to hear!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Well, I don't have the official "go ahead" yet from VKB HQ to announce the start of the shipping date, but according to them the PCB issues have been resolved and everything is back on track now.

Any updates?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Only update I have is that the final piece that's being implemented is the firmware, and then they're out the door. But again, until VKB HQ tells officially they're done, I cant send out an email blast to everyone. :)

So for now, we're still waiting.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Only update I have is that the final piece that's being implemented is the firmware, and then they're out the door. But again, until VKB HQ tells officially they're done, I cant send out an email blast to everyone. :)

So for now, we're still waiting.

No problem was just wondering, thanks.

Don B

Just a quick heads-up: VKB HQ ran into a bug in the firmware for the MCU (Microcontroller Unit) for the Gunfighter which has now been fixed and the Gunfighter with updated firmware is now undergoing testing. If this test comes back all clean, VKB HQ will start shipping out the Gunfighters from next week (first-come-first-served).

Once I have the confirmation from VKB HQ that everything is in the green, I will send out an email blast to let everyone know.

With complex, modular devices like the Gunfighter (and it being a brand new device), some late and unforeseen issues can arise and push everything back. With that said, thanks for your patience, everyone!

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thank you for the update! To be clear, is that this week, or 7 days from now?

Should be this week (starting on Monday, April 24) - if VKB HQ doesn't run into any other firmware issues.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

VKB are happy to inform everyone that all Gunfighter variants (Tabletop, Base Only, and Pro) are now ready to ship. :thumbup:

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Saw it in my inbox! That's the email we've been waiting for :) thanks VKB and Rainer!

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excellent news, thank you!

Don B

Great news, now the real wait! Thank you Rainer for keeping up the excellent communication, you've done a truly professional job. It's good to know we'll be dealing with you in the future. I hope VKB uses this as an indication that more information properly relayed results in more satisfied customers.

Wut? Your shipping notification already?!

No - just my newsletter informing everyone that VKB starts shipping Gunfighters as of Tuesday, Apr 25.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Great news, now the real wait! Thank you Rainer for keeping up the excellent communication, you've done a truly professional job. It's good to know we'll be dealing with you in the future. I hope VKB uses this as an indication that more information properly relayed results in more satisfied customers.

I appreciate it, Aaron! :thumbup:

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

+1. Agree completely!

VKB North America only*

Meanwhile at VKB Europe..

snorlax.jpg

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!