Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter

rrohde

It has a center detent like the #30 cams, correct, but also a slightly different shape which does the trick for the TMW grip.

There is no need to use the W cam, however. I use my 2 #10 cams with my Gunfighter Pro, and compensate with heavier springs. Works just as well, and I prefer the soft center for flying anyway.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I got my pro and regular set up like many here I had the flashing red but it seemed to fix itself. I hit load for the profile, set gives me an error, but the load makes the stick work anyway. 1 question all my Warthog button assignments are all over the place now I guess as I have to redo the profile on DCS it's kinda irelavant but the trigger is 8 iso 1. Could the profile have not made them the same numbers as normal. Or did I just mess up the load so it's my mess up and not the profile.?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Yeah, the button assignment is kinda strange for the TMW grip, however, you didn't mess up - that's how it is.

I hope that maybe a future revision could tidy that up - until then, everything works for now.

I can request that Alex, the software guru over at VKB HQ look into that. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

It has a center detent like the #30 cams, correct, but also a slightly different shape which does the trick for the TMW grip.

There is no need to use the W cam, however. I use my 2 #10 cams with my Gunfighter Pro, and compensate with heavier springs. Works just as well, and I prefer the soft center for flying anyway.

Thanks Rainer. I went with the #10 cams with a #40 spring on pitch and #30 spring on roll with some damping dialed in on both (extension w/Warthog grip). It definitely doesn't return to center, but i'm not worried about that.

Honestly, I think everything will feel much better with the lighter MCG when it's available.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

I've noticed that the 'W' cam is described as being designed to compensate for the added weight of the Warthog grip in the pitch axis, but how does it do this? Is it more of a center detent, or just thicker to provide more spring tension?

How does its detent compare to that of the #10 and #30 cams?

It does add a noticeable center, but it feels like a cross between W and 30. 30 is just too much for me, it's like going back to the original Warthog base! W, however, feels just about right.

It does add a noticeable center, but it feels like a cross between W and 30. 30 is just too much for me, it's like going back to the original Warthog base! W, however, feels just about right.

I agree. I went back to the #10s to get rid of any detent.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

Rainer I might need your help again.

I've got this strange spike in my y-axis that I can't seem to get rid of.

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2666

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

rrohde: Is there any way we Europeans can order through the NA store?

Waiting for EU availability through flightsimcontrols is like waiting for paint to be produced, canned, blended with the correct pigments, then get shipped to a warehouse in Siberia, then shipped to a warehouse in Europe .... then you need watch it dry for a couple of months with no status updates what so ever in the mean time ;P

Waiting for EU availability through flightsimcontrols is like waiting for paint to be produced, canned, blended with the correct pigments, then get shipped to a warehouse in Siberia, then shipped to a warehouse in Europe .... then you need watch it dry for a couple of months with no status updates what so ever in the mean time ;P

This was my thinking yesterday. Then I went to visit the American site but they out of stock until June:doh:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Rainer, check your PM please.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Rainer, check your PM please.

Contacted you via email.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

This was my thinking yesterday. Then I went to visit the American site but they out of stock until June:doh:

Hi guys,

there's currently no Gunfighter stock (and other items as well) allotted to VKB NA as they're working on EU (pre)orders from what I was told. Latest info I got is that I should be able to have more stock made available to VKB NA by the end of May.

And sadly, the EU is not my jurisdiction.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Hi guys,

there's currently no Gunfighter stock (and other items as well) allotted to VKB NA as they're working on EU (pre)orders from what I was told. Latest info I got is that I should be able to have more stock made available to VKB NA by the end of May.

And sadly, the EU is not my jurisdiction.

:thumbup:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Where's the documentation on how to change cams/springs in the Gunfighter? Harder to find than I imagined, although I could be missing something obvious.

I will make another video how to replace springs.

i7 8700K | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB| Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO | Samsung 960 PRO Series - 512GB PCIe NVMe

Where's the documentation on how to change cams/springs in the Gunfighter? Harder to find than I imagined, although I could be missing something obvious.

Watch this video about changing cams and springs of the Gladiator. Their mechanics is almost similar.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I will make another video how to replace springs.

I appreciate the gesture, Absolut79. But does this mean there wasn't an official document or instruction somewhere? I see a number of items for the older bases (e.g. Gladiator). The insert that comes with the stick seems to point to something that doesn't exist. I could "figure it out", but I'd rather follow an official process.

Edited by Dojo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I appreciate the gesture, Absolut79. But does this mean there wasn't an official document or instruction somewhere? I see a number of items for the older bases (e.g. Gladiator). The insert that comes with the stick seems to point to something that doesn't exist. I could "figure it out", but that doesn't seem to make sense.

Is this any use?

I know there are plenty of documents on the VKB NA website, but can't check that site from work PC.

Gunfighter-Quick-Operations-Guide.pdf

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]