Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter

rrohde

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GF Pro

Is there a way to setup a button as a modifier like Shift.

You can, but are so many options for this: SHIF1, SHIFT2... SubSHIFT... Momentary, Alternate, Cyclic... That better ask in VKB forum, there the VKBCFG 'Guru' VictorUS will help you. :thumbup:

Dont get me wrong its super precise I didnt change the deadzone because I want to be very responsive for Helo ops. I would set up the second base but I am waiting for the MCG pro to come out then I will get another extension and set one for fixed wing and one for Helo.

So all I need is a slightly stronger center should I try the other Cam or would that feel botchy near the center?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Dont get me wrong its super precise I didnt change the deadzone because I want to be very responsive for Helo ops. I would set up the second base but I am waiting for the MCG pro to come out then I will get another extension and set one for fixed wing and one for Helo.

So all I need is a slightly stronger center should I try the other Cam or would that feel botchy near the center?

You could always try that #30 hard center cam, maybe only for the pitch axis first and see how that feels?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I would say it will take a while to get used to a softer feeling at the center if you have been using a Warthog.

As Rainer mentioned the GF feels a lot more realistic than most controllers with its soft centering.

With my little stick time in real jets I can say that even doing a level 4G pull it is like you are pulling the stick against a 'tennis ball', for want of a better analogy, as the stick always wanted to slide off left or right - there was no 'hard set' center detent for roll that the stick sat in and you just pulled in that plane.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its real close to real life ( I have a lot of time) but in a Jet the stick does center slightly more positively to the trimmed position. I will chuck the hard center in the other base and try it . Is the Hard center harder than warthog one?

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Its real close to real life ( I have a lot of time) but in a Jet the stick does center slightly more positively to the trimmed position. I will chuck the hard center in the other base and try it . Is the Hard center harder than warthog one?

The Warthog W cam is slightly different in its angle to keep the heavier grip more centered without leaning forward - at least that's the reason for its existence. I feel that both the #30 and W came feel about the same around the center.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Got my Gunfighter today. Mechanically - best joystick I ever seen. Plenty of setup options (cams, springs) you can get whatever you want. And Warthog adapter, in fact, is made even better than original. Electronically, well, it works. However, when I changed the cams and springs, one of the axes stopped working correctly. Luckily, my brother is an electrical engineer, and his first comment on this was "oh, those chinese connectors". In 10 minutes he found one of the plugs that I had accidentally disturbed during changing the cams and springs, and fixed it, now everything is works! According to him, connectors used in Gunfighter are not good to be mounted horizontally (although it is more compact) on PCB, they work better vertically. Anyway if someone will have similar problem, do not panic, just check all connectors :)

Another thing, it is seems that metal Warthog grip is too heavy for Gunfighter with extension (even with hard center cams and 2x50 springs on each axis), so the fact than MCG will be plastic is an advantage in my opinion.

Default KG12 grip is surprisingly good, I see myself using it a lot in the future :)

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback, @Lehmen! That's good to know. I will forward this to VKB HQ as well. :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Hhhmm... Can you buy just the mounting plate with those? (the one the stick sits directly on).

I could use that for my chair mounted under the arms... Probably easier to buy premade than to get one made up.

Z...

Yes, Monster Tech.

https://www.monstertech.de/produkt/joystick-throttle-befestigungsplatte/

Click on the drown down arrow to select base, in this case Gunfighter.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

VKB HQ released a new version of their VKBdevCfg software; grab v0_81_83 here.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Guys, how many springs per axis do you recommend if one is not using a stick extension?

The default #20 spring is a bit to weak. Should I go for two springs right away or try one #40 first?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Guys, how many springs per axis do you recommend if one is not using a stick extension?

The default #20 spring is a bit to weak. Should I go for two springs right away or try one #40 first?

[edit]

Oops you aren't using the extension...so try single springs at first I'd say?

STILL NEED A SHORTER LENGTH EXTENSION THOUGH :):):)

rrohde, will VKB sell the separate 3-prong adapter set (what's installed at the top and bottom of the Pro extention). This thing just needs 2" off of it to be perfect, is all!!!

• Like 1

rrohde, will VKB sell the separate 3-prong adapter set (what's installed at the top and bottom of the Pro extention). This thing just needs 2" off of it to be perfect, is all!!!

I've heard that they could/would offer just the pass through adapter pieces (3-pin end caps) for the DIY'ers out there, but I haven't seen anything concrete about this, including pricing, etc. I can ping them again and find out.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Give that 1x #40 per axis a try first. Even if you don't use an extension, you could double-spring your axes, but that might be overkill. :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Give that 1x #40 per axis a try first. Even if you don't use an extension, you could double-spring your axes, but that might be overkill. :)

Thanks! I tried #40 + #30 per axis, and yes it is a bit stiff. But only for large deflections. I'll remove the #30 springs and see how that feels :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Thanks! I tried #40 + #30 per axis, and yes it is a bit stiff. But only for large deflections. I'll remove the #30 springs and see how that feels :)

I also have the Gunfighter without the extension. Although the #40 springs provided better centering force than the #30, I find the #30 as the best. I have dialled in a little deadzone to compensate.

• Like 2

VKB HQ released a new version of their VKBdevCfg software; grab v0_81_83 here.

Hey! A heads up! I downloaded this and it seems it's infected with the Trojan:Win32/Fuery.B!cl :mad: WTF man?! :doh:

Also, would it be possible to get change logs for these things?

Hey! A heads up! I downloaded this and it seems it's infected with the Trojan:Win32/Fuery.B!cl :mad: WTF man?! :doh:

Also, would it be possible to get change logs for these things?

Nope, no trojan or anything else here. All good.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I re downloaded this today and it dose seem to be clean now.

I can't explain why, but the version I got on July 3rd, was indeed infected. I wasn't just making this stuff up for the fun of it, you know.

Anyway, I'm loving my Gunfighter Pro. The only thing that would make it better is Force Feedback. ;)

Again, Any chance for a change log? I don't what to fix anything that ain't broke if you know what I mean. Thanks.

I didn't update the link, so it's the same file from a few days ago. :)

False positives are common place with some virus apps.

There's no changelog because it's not an incremental patch - just a whole new release - but I agree, sometimes it would be nice to see what VKB HQ's software engineers are improving. I can suggest that to them and see what they say.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com