Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter

rrohde

False positives are common place with some virus apps.

No probs here either.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From VKB HQ:

Changelog (v0_81_83)

- Bug fixes

- MCG support added

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Well crap, DHL tried to deliver something today and I guess I never heard the doorbell - must have been flying in VR lol.

Not sure if it was my Gunfighter Extension Kit or Monster Tech Gunfighter plate. Did not think either would be here until later next week though.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Well crap, DHL tried to deliver something today and I guess I never heard the doorbell - must have been flying in VR lol.

Not sure if it was my Gunfighter Extension Kit or Monster Tech Gunfighter plate. Did not think either would be here until later next week though.

I just checked - your VKB order is scheduled for delivery next week.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

For me, at least, the actual delivery is/was done by USPS. I think DHL hands off the package to them from their regional hub for that final leg to the door. Might be different in different places, I suppose.

BTW, in response to your previous request about the timing of the Monstertech order, I ordered mine on May 26, shipped on Jun 27, and received on July 1. HOWEVER, I do not know if this time is very useful to you or generally applicable as this was during the pre-order phase, and, more importantly, I requested some custom dimensions to provide for both a greater vertical as well as a horizontal displacement.

I just checked - your VKB order is scheduled for delivery next week.

Thanks for checking - well that is strange, must be the Monster Tech Gunfighter plate but it just recently shipped also - well I think on the 2nd so guess that could be it.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Will you be able to order the Gunfighter with the Modern Combat Grip installed in the future ?

It seems odd that i would have to order a brand new stick and then add a hundred dollar grip to it to bring it to the modern combat specs of the warthog ....The gunfighter base with the Modern Combat Grip would be the cats ass as a first buy unit ....it's really what I'm looking for ....

• Like 1

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

Will you be able to order the Gunfighter with the Modern Combat Grip installed in the future ?

It seems odd that i would have to order a brand new stick and then add a hundred dollar grip to it to bring it to the modern combat specs of the warthog ....The gunfighter base with the Modern Combat Grip would be the cats ass as a first buy unit ....it's really what I'm looking for ....

I believe they said earlier somewhere that is the plan.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

I believe they said earlier somewhere that is the plan.

Sweet! Hope it still is....thanks

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

Any news on when the next batch of gunfighter pros will be ready to order in NA?

I hope to find out more about this around the 15th. Stay tuned. I usually announce availability of products via newsletter, here, and on the VKB forums.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Yeah, that's likely coming once the MCG is available for VKB to bundle them that way; right now, the only grip available to VKB is the KG12.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Folks, I just posted my first impressions regarding the Monstertech mounts for the VKB over here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3190749&postcount=162 .

So, a while back I ordered a table mount of custom dimensions for my VKB stick. I asked for vertical displacement (as measured from the the table top to the bottom of the VKB Gunfighter base) of 500 mm, and a horizontal displacement (as measured from the front of the vertical post to the front of the VKB base) of 210 mm. This was to accommodate the extension as well as the larger the MCG-Pro grip.

I received it a little while back, and thought I would post my impressions. In one word: EXCELLENT. I have to say that the design, workmanship, functioning, and handling are all truly, truly, truly, truly superb! A fitting companion to the VKB. And I was surprised at how much of a difference it made to the handling. I really did not expect that, as my previous base was stable enough (screwed down into a block of wood). I was expecting an advantage in flexibility in terms of height adjustment, but not much else. In fact, I discovered in addition to the flexibility in height, there was something much more natural about the mount play as well as stability: so much nicer in "feel" and, weirdly, it seemed like I had more control (though the latter, in hindsight, is probably attributable to the fine-tuning of height adjustment).

LBLO7nz.jpg

Been waiting on my MonsterTech mount for about 6 weeks now, really looking forward to trying it out. Received the plate today for the Gunfighter ( they shipped it real quick), just waiting on the mount now.

Don B

Yeah, that's likely coming once the MCG is available for VKB to bundle them that way; right now, the only grip available to VKB is the KG12.

Looking forward to it!

wow, the gunfighter shipped to Italy is US $451.01

The shop is not properly set up yet, as we're busy with other priorities - such as, for example, the MCG. For the time being, the shop is more or less a placeholder (or a seatwarmer).

After the shop is set up, you will see the difference.

(However yes, those mail carriers are insane, here I have to agree).

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

@rrohde I've noticed something pretty interesting with the calibration of the Gunfighter. During the day, the calibration of the x axis is perfect, but during the early morning, it's always off by 20 to the right. I'm not sure why it happens, but it's only the x-axis. My best guess would be the cold air contracting the clutch but the center position hasn't changed so who knows. Who be nice if the VKB HQ has some info on this.