Add empty sling while sling loading

Holton181

Hi,

Just started to enjoy sling loading with the helos.

There is one thing missing though.

Doing sling loading IRL it's not only crucial to be aware of the line while having a load attached to it, but very important to have it in mind while empty.

Many accidents occur due to the pilot "forget" the line or how it behaves differently when having it unloaded.

Also, when closing in to the load to be picked up from the ground, before it's hooked, the hook itself is an important cue for the pilot.

So my requests is thus:

Make the sling and hook (with mass) present between a deliberate activation of it by the pilot, until a deliberate inactivation. Independent of the presence of a load.

BK

/H

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 2 months later...
  • ED Team
_

So my requests is thus:

Make the sling and hook (with mass) present between a deliberate activation of it by the pilot, until a deliberate inactivation. Independent of the presence of a load._

I will reveal the secret: we are working on this:). I do not know if we can do this at the proper level of quality, but we have the thoughts..

I will reveal the secret: we are working on this:). I do not know if we can do this at the proper level of quality, but we have the thoughts..

Excellent!

It has to start somewhere

Looking forward to whatever you can come up with, whenever it will happen.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 1 year later...

Hi all

any news about this? It would be very cool!! :pilotfly::D

Thx Kuse

• 3 months later...

Would be great to see, as well as the rescue hoist/winch.

As for news, I guess BST is busy with ED on the F/A-18C

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

C'mon, thats not fair. I finished the Oilfield campaign not so long time ago :) Being serious, good luck with the feature :thumbup:

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all