Non-axis controls not working in some situations

dr1980

Hello, after the most recent update to DCS World version 1.5.5.60565, the buttons/switches on my Thurstmaster Warthog HOTAS and keyboard commands no longer function in Instant Action, Create Fast Mission or Campaign modes with two of the DLC aircraft, the F-5 and the Mirage. They work fine with the A-10C and the Huey. Also, in the aircraft/game modes where the buttons/key commands do not work, the rudder pedals move when the throttle is advanced. This does not happen in training mode with any aircraft or with the A-10C or Huey under any circumstances.

I have tried the following to fix the issue:

- confirmed control assignments, buttons are assigned and there is no conflict between my rudder pedals and my throttle axes.

- deleted the input folder at C:\Users\Me\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input

- Repair DCS World

- Uninstall and re-install DCS World

None of this has solved the issue.

Thanks for any help.

I tried rolling back to the last version, 1.5.5.60503 Update 4, and the issue persists so it's not just an issue of the latest update. In any mode other than training, it's as if I have conflicting axis controls, my throttles make my rudder move (as well as throttle), my rudder makes the rudder and control stick move etc...but in my control settings there is nothing conflicting, plus it's the same control profile I use in training mode which works fine.

If I can figure out what DCS is doing different for controls in training mode versus everything else that should help figure out what's going on here, any thoughts? It's the same control profile, two very different results depending on game mode.

I'm open to any shot in the dark at this point.

Thanks

Edited by dr1980
clarity

Hello, just a note that I have solved this issue. I had checked off game avionics in the options, so it was using the game controller config rather than sim, which I hadn't put any work into configuring. Once I turned off game avionics all is well now.