Lighting

Raz_Specter

Hi Chaps, Well I am at a point were i need to do the lights on the landing decks along with the lights on the Alligator 1171 ship.

Not sure where to start to be honest.

I have modelled the lights and given them a basic texture, applied a Alpha to the light part but how do you get the lights to no look like a model and light up in the game?

Any help would be appreciated

Many thanks

Sepcter

screen20.jpg

Edited by Raz_Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Hi All

This is what i have tried so far:

1. created a rectangle in Max, positioned it around the light, setup a material with an already made texture "lz-light-bano-green.tga"

a) set the the material to bano (ED make cool section) added TYPE="bano"; to the object attributes and set the mode to blend

b) When trying to export i get the following error message

Error: Unknown node type: bano.. Node: Rectangle001.	File: .build\x86_64\vc120.release\Utils\NGModel_MaxPlugins\2014\Exporter\EDModelExporter.cpp:553.

2. Same as above but removed the object properties and also removed blend (so the object has no properties (this exports fine) but no light in the Sim

So I am a little confused how to move forward with this as there are no guides to making lights in DCS

If someone could point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated

Thanks Specter

Edited by Raz_Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist