Easy Communications - Explained ???

rickberry49

Hey guys... & gals??

I have been fighting getting VIACOM working and in the process had to dig into Easy Communications option in the Main SETTINGS menu.

Never really understood the BLACK OUT AND WHITE menu fields... my version of the GUI doc doesn't even explain this option at all...??

I've put together a small inst doc that might help new users understand this option better. I know all you OLD timers don't use it but a NEW user might find it helpful at least until they get up to speed. It also helped me understand VIACOM better as well (that is another issue for later)

So for now have a look and any corrections or comment please feel free... (but be kind...)

Keep the plastic side up and the bombs on the bottom... Happy flying...!!!

Easy-Comms_Explained.pdf

Edited by rickberry49
forgot attachment...
  • Like 1

i use easy comms too. however i actually tune and use the proper radios if im not busy doing something more important in the cockpit. But i cant get that ground crew option "white" no matter what i do. if someone can tell me how to contact ground crew without using easy comms that would be really cool.

i use easy comms too. however i actually tune and use the proper radios if im not busy doing something more important in the cockpit. But i cant get that ground crew option "white" no matter what i do. if someone can tell me how to contact ground crew without using easy comms that would be really cool.

The specifics depend on which aircraft you fly, but ground crew is usually only reachable via intercom.

Most fixed wing need to shut down to rearm (and should request ground power before doing so), but the A-10C and the helicopters can rearm and refuel while everything is running.

- The A-10C needs to switch the radio selector dial (right side, almost all the way back) to INT or open the canopy.

- The Mi-8 needs to make sure the radio selector switch on the radio panel is set to ICS and not to RADIO.

- The other helicopters just need to activate the intercom.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...

I've put together a small inst doc that might help new users understand this option better. I know all you OLD timers don't use it but a NEW user might find it helpful at least until they get up to speed. It also helped me understand VIACOM better as well (that is another issue for later)

Thanks a lot for sharing, I´m an old timer but for the first time I´m using Easy Comm in DCS, also due VR, VA & Vaicom and I had exactly the same problem you said in your pdf. So, thanks again, it helped me a lot!

Happy flying !!!

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

if you open your canopy and select any radio, the ground crew should respond. The radio is fairly redundant in this case, as this just simulates the ground crew being able to hear your request without a radio.

there is a knob, at the very back left of the cockpit, that allows you to select the intercom, but as the only effective VR position in the A10C is pretty well forward and i am not a contortionist, i normally tend to just open the canopy.

if you open your canopy and select any radio, the ground crew should respond. The radio is fairly redundant in this case, as this just simulates the ground crew being able to hear your request without a radio.

there is a knob, at the very back left of the cockpit, that allows you to select the intercom, but as the only effective VR position in the A10C is pretty well forward and i am not a contortionist, i normally tend to just open the canopy.

Mate thats a 2 year old post :d

• 3 years later...

Holy thread revival.....

But the information contained herewith in, is still valid.

I'm only 5 weeks into DCS World, I only have props, P-51 - Spit, BF109 and I use easy comms so no manual freq' changes. Do I have to be concerned about using the wrong radio? Do warbirds have multiple radios in DCS - I can't see any but then again I'm no expert.