DCS C-130? Big airplanes?

ThorBrasil

Are we going to see a C-130 in DCS as a module? I would love to have a large plane at DCS.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Oh yes, that would be nice. Several posts uring the years. Maybe in the future. No such plans for now except maybee an Avro Lancaster - long time in the future? The first may very well be the multicrew. mod of Black Cats Simulation of a Tu-22M3 Backfire - if they can succeed and take that huge project to finish. We hope, I hope.

Personally I want an official C-130x/AC-130x combo by ED or an official 3rd party dev. But it is only dreams..

Indeed... that would be nice...

a c-130 Lancaster or B-17. Sweet dreams.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

big cargo planes are our dream but unfortunatelly there is not even a plan from any developer.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 1 year later...

I would love to see the TU-22M3 in DCS World. That is a magnificent aircraft. Would also love to see a C-130, C-17, B-1B, and TU-160.

The bigger aircraft, especially bombers, would require a different philosophy than single seaters, but hopefully we will see them one day.

AC-130U

That I would be down for. Let's keep the combat in the Digital Combat Simulator.

If you guys wanna do the Hong Kong RDS run that's on you.

A standard C-130H or something is still combat - just not directly.

Even if you don't like combat logistics you can still do paradropping with a Herc...

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Willing to split the difference and take an MV-22 I sorry? I think it would be a lovely aircraft to own and could fill quite a few roles in game

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

AC-130U

That I would be down for. Let's keep the combat in the Digital Combat Simulator.

If you guys wanna do the Hong Kong RDS run that's on you.

A cargo C-130 would actually be immensely useful for the dynamic, theater-wide war servers where you have to capture bases. As of now, the two aircraft types that can transport troops to capture bases are helos and the TF-51, neither of which are very fast. A C-130 would turn base capping/supply/repair into less of a crapshoot, and more of an art.

I know I'd prefer to fly an F-14 or Viggen around, but C-130 would give a real player controlled, high value aircraft with which to base operations around.

• Like 1

A cargo C-130 would actually be immensely useful for the dynamic, theater-wide war servers where you have to capture bases. As of now, the two aircraft types that can transport troops to capture bases are helos and the TF-51, neither of which are very fast. A C-130 would turn base capping/supply/repair into less of a crapshoot, and more of an art.

I know I'd prefer to fly an F-14 or Viggen around, but C-130 would give a real player controlled, high value aircraft with which to base operations around.

I agree pretty much with every word written here. :thumbup:

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

I think it would be better if we got some newer AI models to play with, like a new C-17, some other C-130 variants

Oh don't get me started on that ... or else I wouldn't stop.

I said in the past I would likely buy such a module right now if it was available even tho I don't plan buying more for the time being until I get some experience with the things I have, be it B-52, B-2, Tu-22M3 (or lesser variant), or B-1B even, or just transport cargo like Il-76 or C-130

Tankers might be a bit less worthwhile because there's not much gameplay except multiplayer minor support role. Not sure what a campaign would look like for them but there could be use in a singleplayer dynamic campaign where you could have a side mission/task where you'd have to take control of a tanker or cargo (for supply paradrop)

That's why I have suggested that such cargo and tanker aircraft come in a pack similar to FC3 and using SSM and AFM or even AFM+ which be kinda needed for tanker fluid cargo hold but also probably would need the cargo weight distribution system which may not be part of standard AFM in other aircraft.

And then my wish would be closer, cargo supply, fuel and ammunition paradrops, a big deal for campaigns. And later even units/infantry.

On a separate note, just like the caucasus map was updated, I think the whole unit/object part of the DCS should be updated which is not part of the map, the AI models and their destruction, that would go hand-in-hand with the missile explosion effects and I rather wait for both of these to be complete and have a first release together rather than split because everyone would then be distracted from appreciating half the work by looking at the same old destruction models.

And ofcourse the argument above is meant for specific cases, as you can see everyone's fine with clouds being the same in 2.5, because it's quite a different part away from the terrain it self so clouds coming separately later is not a problem at all.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I mean if we could DCS-ify (shhh that's word) the entire (or as much as we could) of CS C-130 pack for FSX/P3D that would be heaven on Earth for the C-130 family

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.