F86 air engine restart

PB0_corse66

Actually I did read the manual but it looks like I'm not doing it properly as well as on the Mig 15.

Hence my question.

And no, the manual don't mention any air start switch.

1. OFF THROTTLE – OFF.

2. Emergency Ignition Switch – ON.

3. EMERGENCY FUEL SWITCH – ON.

4. OUTBOARD THROTTLE– OUTBOARD; THEN ADVANCE.

5. Emergency Ignition Switch – OFF at 90% rpm.

Which switch are you talking about?

Hey there PB0_corse66.

I think in my next update I'll have to put a little text blurb stating that this is normal (the engine failure). You're not the only one with that question, as you've seen with doing the research on the forums. And I see you asked about the MiG-15 as well. Are you flying two campaigns at the same time???

In the post you saw, that held the answer to your question, I hinted at how I made the MiG-15 engine stay off. For the F-86, no one ever checks the circuit breakers :) I use the CB to make it unable to restart. And if someone gets wise, and checks that the CB is actually popped out, and they push it back in .... then I just pop it again and again and again. It's a cruel world. haha

Glad you're enjoying the campaign so far! Take care, and Happy New Year!

- Apache600

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

I have to admit that I didn't even try to restart the engine doh.gif. As soon I got hit I thought that it's a perfect time to start looking for some nice, flat piece of land to have a controlled crash :)

...For the F-86, no one ever checks the circuit breakers :) I use the CB to make it unable to restart. And if someone gets wise, and checks that the CB is actually popped out, and they push it back in .... then I just pop it again and again and again. It's a cruel world. haha

That is just evil :)

bc39fd77b95c22fff332e8bf38ff78b52c88da48826447d3e7d37579740f2cf7.jpg

But seriously. Loved the campaign :thumbup:

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Hi ,

I'm indeed flying both of them at same time since I love both aicraft and I don't want to spoil me too much by finishing one before starting the other one.

Maybe adding a dialog line like "Relic 1, try to land in the field" or something like that can help.

Just a side note and it's probably because of the circuit breakers but at the end of the mission you have less lines of dialogs for the F86 than the Mig 15. You are not asked how do you feel, and can't answer that you are all right, which cause further questionning about what to do next.

In any case CONGRATULATIONS for your marvelous campaign, it's really worth it and I enjoy every mission ! I love both Korean Air war planes and your missions are a tribute to them. THANKS A LOT :)